Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

DR even with the speeds in Dragon Isles is not the fasted when there are obstacles and you can not increase your speed. It requires a lot of things to line up to out strip TBC normal flying in terms of speed. Keep in mind that the speed of DR in TWW is using the speeds for old world and not the Dragon isles. And, the speeds of TBC normal flying have been increased. So, the gap has closed.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

This looks like an argument that TBC flight could be the better mode, so arguments about an “inferior flight mode” being locked behind pathfinder could be considered null and void.

That guy couldn’t manage a consistent argument to save his life.

Most who’s base argument boils down to “I want it this way just because I do” usually can’t.

I need some clarification on this post to really understand it.

Are you saying the Pathfinder “punishes you for being lazy”?

3 Likes

Nope. Notice I didn’t mention or even hint at pathfinder lol.
Can’t tell if you want actual clarification or its a bad attempt at a gotcha based on who liked your post.

No, I really needed clarification.

2 Likes

Yeah I want to see them explain themselves on this one.

This is why TBC normal flying being gated by PF doesn’t make sense anymore. It is an artifact of a bad era of WoW aka rental system shenanigans.

3 Likes

Ah okay. We were talking about vigor.
I needed clarification on your clarification because the scavengers in this thread look for ANY hints of anti tbc flight and jump down your throat :joy:

See the guy who responded right after you.

1 Like

Is that so? Tell me, what else did I do today?

1 Like

Helps to read the posts instead of making assumptions and inserting a foot into your mouth.

You are so biased on the issue, you can’t see anything beyond it to whats actually being said.
“What punishment?! How dare they mock handicap people! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!”

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a messed up thing to do. I was taught better.

3 Likes

You quite clearly weren’t.

1 Like

Blizzard is communicating? Where.

3 Likes

Apologies for not responding to this sooner.

I have no issue with players wanting the ability to choose between two flight modes on any mount (because honestly that’s not really going to have an external impact on anyone else). It doesn’t really fit thematically in terms of mount design, since many mounts don’t have wings or a flight characteristic to match dragonriding, not without additional steps to modify the mount.

Grove Warden used to linearly fly, or be a ground mount, but not do water mount stuff. That was my go-to mount for most chars because it would work as a flying mount in flight areas and as a ground mount in non flight areas, seamlessly, on the fly. Don’t have to pick a second mount, don’t have to have multiple mounts bound to my bars.

Now Grove Warden does this ‘prancing across the sky’ type of flying with Skyriding. It fits with the theme of Grove Warden, but only because the flight animation was modified to match it.

If Blizzard is doing that much work on a per-mount basis, they can do a little more work and add something like a toggle to each mount in the Mount Collection (sort of like favorites) so players can manually set up their mounts (in advance, sort of like any other game situation) to be either steady flight or sky riding.

This would narrow the impact of this change to only players who want to both steady flight and skyride on the same mount, without using other mounts. In that case, having a spell to switch would help, but it can’t have a cast time, or dismount midflight, or anything else that fundamentally makes the feature worse.

Additionally: if Blizzard buffed steady flight to the point where the gap in differences shrink, and the net result is the same effect, then it really doesn’t matter much which mount has which kind of riding.

Picking either mount type or flight type would not be such a jarring (different) experience. It wouldn’t take much to buff steady flight speed and remove the mounting cast timer, to give it the gravitas it deserves as a feature older than some of the players who have commented here.

Then skyriding isn’t this crazy different thing with clear advantages, making it ‘controversial’ to have that at level 10 and steady flight at a different level. The pathfinder thing needs to be addressed tho, because the feature itself has become indefensible.

From what I have read in the last day or so, the PF requirement has already been removed from Shadowlands and BFA content. Why does it exist for anything else, then?

That dang oversight biting every blizzard dev in the butt.

4 Likes

Let me rephrase your question: The PF requirement was removed from old content, or content no one will be leveling though unless by choice, so why dies it exist in upcoming content/content everyone will be doing soon?

You like to keep things simple, well, how is this for simple: Blizzard is more then willing to allow freedom in content that is in the past, but still want some measure of control in fresh/current content.

I do not post on my alts.

This is because I want everyone to know that I am here to participate in the holy flying wars.

End PF for TBC normal flying!!!

1 Like

Wars that are pretty much over aside from a few that think victory in them means utter destruction. Blizzard has conceded 90+% of what players want as far as PF goes, only spiteful, petty players will fight for that 100%

2 Likes

That wasn’t my question at all. I don’t need to assume where players are going to level. The assumption being made here is that players want the choice to level and use steady flight without the meritless requirement of completing the main story questline for each expansion before being allowed to fly in those places.

It’s not being modified to give Pathfinder to all zones once you complete a main story for one single expansion. It’s tied piecemeal by expansion. If I want to fly in TBC at level 10 when I go there, I can’t use steady flight at all until I’ve completed all the main stories… But I can skyriding all day long, no unlocks, no starter quests, not even a walk to a questgiver involving actual basic wow gameplay.

You’re just level 10 and BAM skyriding is yours. Conversely, if you want to steady flight as you level, you need to go do a whole bunch of storyline first. Does it not land as strange to you that you would be potentially outleveling and completing a continent, moving on to something new… before being able to use the flight in that area?

Remember, Pathfinder is no longer a compelling progression reward, especially in old content. Making a distinction between TBC steady flight staying behind PF, and Shadowlands/BFA having the requirement removed, really doesn’t add anything of value to the game. Subtracts value, rather.

If I’m trying to steady flight in TBC zones without completing PF first, why would I stay there, knowing I can go to another continent and have steady flight unlocked already?

I mean, if TBC content was compelling because it offered a comparable play experience/progression path/rewards structure similar to a newer expansion, there might be a reason to require PF to fly in Outland.

But if it’s just ‘hey we are moving all steady flight under pathfinder, even Expansions that never required PF before’ then that’s blatant incompetence and just bad game design. One of the many reasons players have for losing confidence in the direction this game heads.

1 Like

They did communicate to one of my posts to confirm that class design is working as intended for now…

which will change in a month.

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman: