Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

Totally agree. When I heard about this I thought it was a mistake. I still kinda do, but it is good of you to point it out.

1 Like

I mean, they could just help you out and try to explain how they do DRing so you can maybe compare notes and see if you can figure out how to use DRing in a way thats more efficient.
Saying ā€˜it dont happen to meā€™ doesnt actually help anyone.

Ironic story time.
My mom tossed a fit when i refused to disarm to go into a marked building some years backā€¦ie i cant legally carry thereā€¦and its felony trespass if I didā€¦so i dont.
She wanted me to go in, sorry but Im notā€¦and Im NOT leaving my weapon in a car to be stolen, so Iā€™ll sit right here and wait for you.
Her comment was ā€œIve never been attacked, when have you been attackedā€ā€¦or some such nonsense.
The goofball argument being ā€¦if it hasnt happened yet, it wont happen in the futureā€¦
Well later that year she parked about 1/4 mile down the road at another store and her and my daughter were robbed/mugged.
Now shes all for packing and literally got her first gun shes ever owned in her life for self protection.

Its hard to take that 'It never happened to me yet" argument seriously, personally speaking.

The ability to gather herbs / ore while mounted comes from the Herbalism and Mining profession trees? Thatā€™s not exclusive to Dragonriding. For example, 40 points into Botany says this: ā€œyour mastery of botany is such that you can gather herbs while mounted in the Dragon Islesā€

Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™re confusing that with the dragon riding talents that give a temporary boost to vigor recharging when picking an herb or mining

1 Like

I donā€™t even use this to gain elevation. I can hit that top peak in Thaldraszus from a start in Valdrakken. After initially gaining some speed with skyward ascent you can nearly sustain at least one vigor while always pointing up if you time space bar taps right.

1 Like

I already have acquired it, several timesā€¦making me do it all over again is a pointless act of grinding the heel. They need to leave it unlocked, period, now and for all future expansions. Iā€™m using Skyriding for distance but for local I need static.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s just top get to top speed right away. Not really to get higher.

1 Like

if you want to get anywhere you doā€¦and not everyone has all the dragon seals or whatever the heck they call them. I already own static flying several times over, I want it, itā€™s perfect for certain use cases for me. You donā€™t have to use it, donā€™t if thatā€™s how you feel. I, for one, will.

7 Likes

I meanā€¦ You can gather them in an hour, so, if you choose not to go and gather them I suppose that is technically correct but it is kind of also a problem of oneā€™s own making.

1 Like

Yep. Weā€™ve done so since it was implemented. In different ways that it was locked.

They most likely never will. But I donā€™t expect anyone to actually read everything else I posted. Cherry picking seems to be the way to go for pushing narratives these days.

1 Like

Use your spacebarā€¦which seems to be Skyward Ascent by default.
Press once to burst off the ground into the airā€¦then nose up quickly and spacebar again. The more your nosed up, the more you will climb.
There is a second or so where you are climbing after Skyward Ascent, then youā€™ll hit it again as you are just about to start slowing down to get another burst of climbing.
You can do that to climb as high as you need to until youre out of Vigor.

Now nose down till you see your vigor charging slowly and keep it there while youre gliding down in whatever direction you need to go.

Youā€™ll get a feel for it eventually as to how many vigor you need to blow to get up high and when you can nose down.

Thats not the most efficient way to use DRing, but its the easiest and it does work for medium to long trips.

For shorter trips, just watch your vigor, dont let it go below three or so, ground hoof it or use a vigor for short hops in the direction youre going.

It gets a lot easier if you can relax and stop thinking about it and just try to have some fun with the feature.

4 Likes

lol WS is a pointless feature. Burns more vigor than its worth.
One can just use Skyward Ascent and Surge Forward and get there just as quickly without wasting vigorā€¦and surge isnt needed any more than WS is. Skyward Ascent is the ONLY ability thats even needed for DRing.

3 Likes

Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

personally, Id say its not so much stupid as sadistic given who this PF affects.

Nowā€¦this topic will certainly go the same route they all do given the attention seekers are already hereā€¦so mutedā€¦

5 Likes

You donā€™t run out of vigor if you use the abilities correctly. And even then, they added the dragonriding ability ā€œSecond Windā€ which has three charges, and grants a charge of vigor instantly on use.

You use that if you messed up and find yourself with low or no vigor.

1 Like

TBC Flying has always been gated behind some set of requirements. Originally it was leveling to max level + paying gold. The exception was Cataclysm.

How come nobody said leveling on the ground was some slight against disabled people at any other point in the 20 year history of the game?

Why is this true only right now, in this moment?

1 Like

At this point that is a willful choice to not have collected the glyphs. Addons like HandyNotes (or whatever itā€™s called) will have the locations placed on your map. You should be able to collect them pretty quickly, you just have to go do it.

Tell us you do no content of consequence without actually telling us. Plus with all the Glyphs you quickly get back the Vigor from WS.

Agreed. Itā€™s backwards. For people not affected significantly by motion sickness, Dragonriding is a straight upgrade from Stable / Static / Traditional Flight for the vast majority of traversal purposes.

But the crappy slow version is the one being unlocked after a month of rep grinding or whatever. Is it even available at launch this time or is it a future patch like it has been?

I get that thereā€™s an engagement vs non engagement argument to be made, but that doesnā€™t change the fact that it comes across as Blizzard still actively hating the idea of players using the form of Flight they got used to over the course of like 15 years.

5 Likes

Youā€™ll have it as soon as you finish the campaign (which is shorter than past versions) and explore the zones.

Day 1 for most.

4 Likes

Aight, thatā€™s not a big deal then. The concept is still backwards but if youā€™re good to go as soon as you do the launch questing itā€™s hard to make a big deal out of it.

1 Like

this tired argument was put to rest when so many millions of subs unsubbed in WOD when the devs were at their worst ā€œNO FLYINGā€ BS.

4 Likes