Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

I wouldn’t feel badly about wow if:

1. Game had consistency.
  2. Game devs had consistency.
  3. Design followed standard best practices in the industry.
  4. It weren’t blatant money grabbing at this point.

Why should anyone buy another wow expansion, or participate in another minute of new content? WHY?

Any answer you have… we have seen it. Been there. Done it. It’s 2024 and the world has a set of HIGHER expectations from a company who continues to demand money from us.

That’s where the disrespect starts. The fact we are here waiting for the game to come back online for the superfluous reason of… Blizzard wants more money from its player base. No one asked for this.

If YOU are excited for this, welcome to the minority. There is more than enough game here to keep everyone busy for the next decade, if Blizzard released absolutely nothing. Disagree? Well, you can always go replay all that old content, from every class’ and faction perspective, see how long that takes, to experience the whole game.

No one is trying that, which is the foundational problem with Wow. Instead, it’s play 3% of the game, sit at cap until new content comes out, rinse, repeat. I’ll say what needs to be said about these devs and their disposable content approach, because if I don’t then players might mistakenly think this is the first time anything has ever come out from Blizzard.

Instead of the 240th. The only errors here are the ones we allow Blizzard to continue making via their live service game development.

5 Likes

Well for me it’s because I disagree with you completely. I’m having fun playing WoW. But if I felt the way you do I would be long gone. Who pays a company their own real money for a game they hate? It makes no sense.

The same people who invest long term in any activity. If I pick stamp collecting and every 2 years some dude comes along to throw my collection in the garbage and make me start over, probably not going to get much enjoyment out of that activity either.

But for newer players who haven’t had that guy come along to ruin their activity yet, or had it happen enough times yet, you’ll get there. I used to STAN for this company harder than anyone. ‘Be patient, they are just a company. Give it time, maybe next patch/expansion will be the one that fixes your pain points.’

That copium ran out prior to Legion. I realized persistent vocal objection, to the point of creating toxicity on the forums, is 100% the answer to this. I’m happy to hear you are enjoying the game, truly.

Enjoy it for as long as you can.

5 Likes

This explains why there are no changes to DH and Rogues but we speculated on that a while back.

Like I said they are forcing PF because their metrics scared them.

That is why PF must go and TBC normal flying is liberated.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Why does people still think blizzard reads these forums?

Because other customers read these forums.

BlizZard then receives a phone call from higher ups to fix the issue aka remove PF from TBC normal flying.

Easy to understand.

2 Likes

Just unsubscribed because I don’t feel like doing Cata classic again so this doesn’t affect me, but I keep getting “you might be interested in this” notifications so felt the need to come in and point out something no one else seems to be talking about with regards to the dragonflying versus not dragonflying argument.

Yes, no clip flight has always been locked behind something that required big effort. You had to either spend money, or get an achieve. The reason the people who are in the minority, but a sizeable minority, who get motion sick with dragonflying are complaining, is because it looks like Blizzard is designing levelling quests with flying in mind this time.

That means if you get sick when dragonflying, you can’t just ground mount along, do all the quests, then unlock slow flying. Something that makes people sick is now mandatory to unlock the thing that doesn’t make people sick.

Is Blizzard willing to lose the subscriptions of the players who can’t dragonfly without getting sick? Maybe, if they’re still not going to make any changes to allow people who can’t dragonfly to complete the quests. But please stop going “but no clip fly has always required effort to unlock” because I’m tired of getting notifications from people saying that. It’s true, but you’re also missing the point. You’ve never needed to do a thing that made you sick to unlock a thing that doesn’t make you sick, and that’s what they’re complaining about.

4 Likes

It is very disheartening to hear this but yes you are correct that the current course is a very odd one indeed. Thanks for your contribution to the thread though.

4 Likes

As an outside observer with absolutely zero interest in the outcome, part of me kind of wonders if what Blizzard sees from the commentary is what I’ve been seeing. People saying “no clip flight has always required effort to unlock” and not getting deeper into “yes, but you also never needed sick flight to unlock no sick flight before” and so Blizzard doesn’t pay attention to that either.

1 Like

That’s not the same thing. No one is destroying what you had in the past, the old zones are still there and you have every achievement and every transmog you earned playing them.

If you feel the old game was fun to play but not only is the new game terrible but you believe the developers are no longer capable of creating a good game, then what is keeping you here?

The amount of crying 19 years later is insane. Glad I don’t pee and moan about things in the game anymore. Too old for that crap.

Friends and liking my raid team kept me playing for a few months in Cata (even though I played Cata to death the first time and didn’t want to do it again) before my raid team fell apart. The instant it fell apart I went “bye!” and unsubscribed. MMOs let people build friend groups, and it’s really hard to leave the friend group.

2 Likes

This, exactly. This is sheer ‘I don’t know what to do as a designer’ moment. ‘Do I give them the Better flying baseline at 10 because that’s what we said we are doing now? But wait, we’ve always put flying behind something because we want to make sure it’s this cool feature that feels cool when unlocked.’

That cool feature was debuted with TBC, not vanilla. It was a major expansion feature that had never been done before. One it was put into the game, it was expanded under the same rules as it had for TBC, where they’d add flying to the new zone with a gold cost to unlock it, once prerequisites were met (level 68, slow flight, level 70, epic, iirc) which is some of the braindead game design we like to mention.

Once WOD came out and they were like ‘we’ve done this flight thing so many times, it’s now just a thing we do an no longer a compelling reward’ they decided to put it behind an achievement that made you at least spend time playing the quest game from the ground first.

The bottom line here: lack of consistency. Now that they’ve added another new flight mode, built an entire expansion around it, decided to roll it an all the other expansion features into the base game upon launch of a new expansion (also a thing they just started doing randomly with MoP/WoD/Cata) now that ‘game design philosophy’ is putting a more advanced flight feature into the game for players SOONER and EASIER than the older, less good flight mode, out of happenstance because of bad game design that often occurs with this company due to oft overlooked details such as this.

Players probably asked about this 8 ago when Beta was started. 8 months of beta and clear progress toward a new release yielded zero development on this one thing that now stands between players and a future experience.

No, they definitely don’t see this stuff, and if they do, it’s unimportant, as usual. Line isn’t going to go up if they do a good job catching stuff like this, so why bother?

2 Likes

The lack of consistency and lack of communication are the big 1 and 2 big no’s from the world of customer service.

5 Likes

Someone picks a hobby like stamp collecting for the same exact reason they play a game like Wow. It’s a long term commitment that yields long term rewards. But the game Wow, isn’t developed for the long-term.

1. Yes, Blizzard goes back and removes aspects of the game that don’t jive with the new content they are releasing. Cata saw the revamp of every zone of Azeroth, everything from minor art/texture updates to full-blown dungeon/zone changes. If there was something a player enjoyed in those zones prior to Cata launch, it was factually removed from the game if it wasn’t altered completely.

2. Achievements and transmogs are a thing that was added years into the games life, too. They weren’t there at launch, and when Cata happened, both were brand new features that had a lot of bugs. Do you know how much time players spent opening tickets to get quest items recovered/exchanged after things were simply removed for them? They added an item restoration service online as a result of the number of tickets they received.

3. I know you’re some level 70 hunter who probably has a lot yet to learn about Wow. Some of us have not only been around for a long time, but have made the time investment, several times to build characters, friendships, establish independent groups for niche play, and watched things get broken repeatedly simply because Blizzard is updating the game with less care than someone who wants to provide a consistent experience.

4. Each time new content comes out, there are new power items, new areas, and often times, features being rolled out on top to not only entice players toward the new stuff, but this has the negative effect of displacing everything that came before it. Suddenly, last patch raid finder takes 3x as long to get into, if it pops at all, and good luck finding a play group that still does it.

5. If you really stepped back and examined the effects of Blizzard design, you wouldn’t be Stanning for them RN about their poor design choices. I wouldn’t be here yet again beating the dead horse of ‘do a better job if you want any money from me.’

2 Likes

TWW had a lot of potential to be a good expansion. But how they are handling TBC normal flying and DR leaves a lot of question marks? If this is how they handle that how are they going to handle devles and hero talents???

:thinking:

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

Probably exactly like they handle everything these days. ‘Here, kids, I brought home Pizza.’ Tosses the pie on the table and goes to the bar for the evening. Next day they scribble some patch notes, some devs get to work, and nothing they are doing is considerate of the time we are spending now, particularly the time we’ve spent in the past.

Valdrakken is now another empty place for players to fondly remember on some future adventure, as they port back to SW and run past the portal to Dragon Isles. This whole idea of ‘lets leave behind the things we’ve done’ is terrible game design. I don’t want to level to any new caps, my character is strong enough already, assuming you stop adding artificial power creep.

I’ve earned enough items already too, assuming you stop dumping more into the game. If you add 1000 items each expansion, which items am I supposed to value, exactly?

Wow is a progression based MMO without progression. Watch out for the stat/lvl squish when devs begin to feel like ‘the numbers are starting to get too big again.’

My biggest issue is treating Wow like a broken clock and developing an entirely new game to solve it. It wasn’t broken, but thanks for robbing the content of the player base each time you feel like ‘line needs to go up.’

1 Like

yup…there was an older gent who evidently tossed out his entire Captain American comic collection when the morons at Marvel decided to run some stupid storyline that CA had always been aligned with hydra.
Now, I think I remember there being some twist to the story, but yeah…people dont like having stuff theyve put their time and sweat into casually trashed just for giggles.
Im not sure if the guy did actually toss his collection out…he said he was going to over it, but there you are.
Dont do something stupid just because one is the creative ‘talent’ in control.
https://screenrant.com/captain-america-hydra-evil-explained/

Dragon isles pathfinder is REMOVED as of PREPATCH

I am not seeing anything evergreen so far from the looks of TWW. We shall see how hero talents hold up.

But yeah the campaign in TWW are full of bugs so if anyone can complete patchfinder in reasonable time frame I would be impressed.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like