Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

remember when you had to drop any form to interact with anything, including using health pots and talking to npcs? pepridge farm remembers.

It literally makes zero sense. Like. The beginning of an expansion is when you’d want to have moments to move slower. Taking the choice away breaks the feel for the game.

5 Likes

I couldnt disagree more. For those of us who have played since 2010 and have 15k hours played, its most definitely about exploration. For $15/month, damn right im gonna explore every inch of this expansion. Personally, i only use skyriding to go long distance, other than that, regular riding all the way. I hate having gathering toons and completely blowing by 15 nodes going from point A to point B. Also, if you dont have A+ internet, skyriding is damn near impossible. Speed wins with farming nodes? lol, not when you’re constantly bypassing them. Its sad to see the newer player base just wanna go fast, grind, grind grind, and not actually enjoy the game.

3 Likes

ugh…
SKYRIDING HAS NO PATHFINDER. lol.
so its NOT about exploration HERE and NOW TODAY.
The ONLY people having to do pathfinder for flight HERE AND NOW TODAY are the disabled and lesser abled players who have trouble with skyriding…a VERY small percent of players.

NO…PF is NOT about exploration TODAY or skyriding would require it too.

Well, according to some, DR is not flying, so flight is still locked behind PF. I don’t feel this way, as I see DR as just a different form of flight.

The thing is, barring those that legitimately have issues using DR (handicap, motion sickness, etc) most of the ones that want TBC flight removed from pathfinder are just sounding like “Blizzard sucks because they are not doing things the way I want, it does not matter if it is an easy unlock, it is my way or no way”. topped with “anyone that disagrees with me/us is nothing but a troll.”

This 100%.

it is clear there’s someone that still holds a grudge on “stable” flying at the ol’ HQ.

8 Likes

No, I get it. Seriously though, there’s no reason to still have pathfinder still in the game other than to be a Johnson.

Here’s my reasoning. We can fly from the start with dragon riding. I get that some people get motion sickness, I’m one of them, but I just take some Dramamine, cowboy up, and march on. So, why have regular flying locked behind pathfinder? Because the B team, that is the current dev team, wants to dismantle, remove, or downplay the previous dev team’s accomplishments in any way they can to keep their fragile egos from being bruised. Or/and, these are the people that got picked on in school, and now they have the power to make people do what they want. Instead of learning from their past experiences, they have decided to implement the lessons they learned from the people that picked on them for some type of petty revenge. My money is on the latter.

Why is that talking with you makes me want steak? Where’s my A1 sauce?

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

2 Likes

No lies detected. It pretty effectively makes a lot of content inaccessible to people who have actual issues with dragonriding, and that does not feel very good. Would have made mathoms more sense for a person to be able to choose one or the other initially, and be locked out of the other choice until pathfinder requirements are met. Or make steady flight the default.

2 Likes

Actually, I might call them more the C team. As sometimes how it goes is one generation makes something, this would be the A team, the next continues and makes it better, B team here, then the one after seems to destroy or get rid of what the ones 2 generations before made

As the saying goes: The first generation makes, the 2nd maintains, the 3rd destroys

2 Likes

Yeah, I am always skeptical of anything Blizzard says. It really feels like they look down on their customers and won’t hesitate to lie, or downright belittle the masses. 'You think you do, but you don’t… ‘Do you guys not have cell phones’ as prime examples. Like, I buy your games, I play em, I love their stories and the adventures. Why are you talking to me like a child out of turn? It’s disrespectful.

6 Likes

so your complaining on behalf of others true hero

Same thing happening with class design. That is why the concept of PF never passed the litmus test because you have encounter designers saying one thing and then those that work on world quests saying something else.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

When are you going to realize ‘design-by-comittee’ produces these results? Don’t buy TWW. Vote wifh your wallet… let this release be the disaster d4 was.

Be radical.
Cancel the subscription. Show them whos the boss!

I remember that. That didn’t go over well with those at BlizZcon

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

4 Likes

Only way to vote to be honest. TWW is going to be a dumpster fire.

1 Like

Eh another one of these “derp I don’t know how to dragonride” posts

1 Like

Another one of these “Derp I came here to troll you guys.” post.

5 Likes

If that’s what they learned from shadowlands… they really should stop using participation metrics as their lesson. Participation metrics are inherently biased toward prerequisite activity. If 100% of the people who did a raid went and leveled to new cap and got some gear… well that’s a no brainer. That’s what tends to happen, regardless of how the game is designed.

Focusing on that as any sort of lesson… shows Ion isn’t fit to develop a mild cold, much less an MMORPG. What they should have learned from Shadowlands was that continuing to develop expansions and increase level caps and add more items and reset everyone and [insert any other game design inherently bad for past game design], degrades the quality of the gaming experience on the whole, for everyone.

Yet here we are, on patch day, with yet ANOTHER new content being crammed down our throat, where we are being told so many good things are coming, changing, when the reality is… the devs have just cobbled together a mess of disparate game design elements into another thing to try and sell us on.

Make sure to get that epic edition so you can get 40% more pixel rewards before you’ve even played the content! At some point you begin to realize the goal here isn’t go give us a compelling gaming experience, and it’s certainly not to give us one long-term.

The goal here is quite simply to keep churning out content because the participation metrics show that new content causes people to swipe credit cards. Getting people to swipe credit cards gets Blizzard more $$, even when the content directly takes a back seat to the fact they are running out of time this quarter to add more content.

Why would it be a conversation about quarterlies? Because that’s the conversation Blizzard will be having here at the beginning of q4, when things turn into crunch time for 2024. Only a few months left to get The Best Numbers Possible for the Line Go Up party.

You know what would impress me? Throw TWW away like you did Star Craft Ghost. Double down on eternal gameplay, fix Wow. (fix = update the whole game before coming out with a shred of new content). Smash those bugs. Iterate some QOL for every class and spec.

Make the numbers sensical (I’d be find with 10k hp pools again, hitting for 500s). Power creep, standard MMO design, both bad. Yo. Get it learned.

1 Like

Do you realize the error of what you just said there? The only way Blizzard could “cram something down your throat” was if you paid them to “cram something down your throat”

So if you feel this badly about WoW and have so little hope for the future because you have no respect for the developers, what are you doing here?