Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

If they really want that, and honestly I highly doubt they do, then NO FLYING at all until you completed pathfinder and or dinged level cap 1st time through.

To place dragonflight above static flight to be more “engaged” makes really no sense. You want to be engaged and experience the new world? run or ride a ground mount till level cap, then work on pathfinder. Otherwise offering dragonflight from the get go defeats the purpose of exploration or “engaging”.

6 Likes

oh boy…what more pearls of wisdom have we today?
:smiley:

i dont want your awful water.

not looking up that gif again…got several horrific gifs in my search almost made me :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

No way man, lol. They are speeding it up with this patch too.

2 Likes

yeah…his entire argument is the epitome of absurity.
noclip…lmao.
its flight.
one is easier and slower
The other is more involved and faster.
noclip :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They just rolling out the Big Book of Lame Crap Excuses on this one just to sound like they have any point to make at all. Seriously just sounds like desperation.

Flight is flight is flight. Its moving above the crap on the ground instead of thru it. BOTH flights do that equally well. NEITHER flight has any real advantage over the other.

In one case a few quests can be done by druid flight form using steady flight, lmao…BIG…FLIPPIN…DEAL lol.
its NOT any deal at all. So a druid using its INHERENT ADVANTAGE gets a quest done 7 seconds faster…the inane mindset that woulld whimper over that is borderline in need of a professional. lol

Old flight has no meaningful advantage…period.
It dont matter how many times this crowd has to be told that…the fact remains.
https://imgur.com/3UaoW71

4 Likes

Bots can also teleport and use DR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/ztdodm/bots_are_literally_teleporting_from_node_to_node/

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/171173r/i_found_a_massive_dragonflight_botting_operation/

2 Likes

Arguing about bots when people are talking about Multiboxxers… is dishonesty at its finest

:ok_hand:

That doesnt surprise me at all.
the only bots I have seen flying…two of them actually, was literally on a dragonriding mount. Same kind of pathing that no player would have made.

ALL of the other bots Ive seen in game in 7 years personally, have been farming LFR. In and out over and over, one after another. Making pointlessly long V shaped paths over and over from the vendor to the LFR NPC.

bots dont need flight. At all.
So botting isnt a legit reason to have pathfinder.

Rather than repeating myself again, I just screenshot it to keep from wasting my time.

3 Likes

Which can be off set by it being better for precision or the short hops that will likely be better for questing.

Why do you doubt it when it’s literally what’s happening?

This is to support the next change: vigor/stamina bar that runs out as you hover over / flies for too long.

:v:

They are so afraid of players zooming through too fast that they feel they have to slow them down with these dumb tactics. At this point it slows no one down, it just irks us. And Blizzard can’t seem to let go of the imaginary reins even if it costs them way more work in the long run.

7 Likes

Thank you for providing evidence.

You always back up what you say.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

everyone gets it day 1…

looks around…

well, that was stupid…

The ironic part there is we ALL have seen Ions obstinate behavior in the past on various issues…so for these folks to sit here trying to pretend there HAS to be a legit reason for his holding out on PF is just patently absurd.

The man has done it soooo many times where he makes a bad call, then doubles down on it…then MONTHS into the expansion FINALLY gives that ‘sorry, we screwed up…again’ memo lol

So yeah…given all three big ticket items are already null and voided…botting, WPvP and ‘exploration’…theres nothing left to blame for PF being here again but Ions WANTING it to be here again…

9 Likes

You didn’t include mine.

“This is what flying is now.” Ion, TWW panel.

1 Like

If this is what he said then he didn’t learn a thing. The problem isn’t that players don’t like stories. The problem is that Blizzard wrote gods-awful stories for Shadowlands.

And yes, we all like to level up and get gear: Those are the dopamine hits. But many players don’t do the hardest content. If he thinks most players do the hardest content then he’s still projecting his own preferences on the game. Absolutely loads of players just do world content or basic dungeons and LFR maybe.

7 Likes

Hopefully thats the case.
Cant tell if its 10 minutes…5 hours…2-3 days…a week or what in here with so many literally lying about the details…ie just making crap up to sound relevant, lol.

I hope youre right and day one is it.
But then we have that nagging issue of WHY its even in the game at all at that point.
Clearly serves ZERO purpose if its that quick and easy to get, Id say.

4 Likes

You are now being spiteful. :unamused:

3 Likes

It’s a normal intro campaign to an expac with 4 zones. You are looking at 8 to 10 hours. 2, 3, 4 days based on your speed.

Its critical thinking and common sense based on previous xpacs and accounts from people that actually did it on beta.

1 Like

Depending on the player it might take more time, because they have to remove the salt of the keyboard from time to time otherwise it stops working.

1 Like