Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

This might be why some like Lio have issues with it, they are unable to think critically and their common sense is kaput.

Actually, I’d say the same for all that want steady flight without pathfinder EXCEPT those that have that really bad physical handicap. And you know what? Since I often compare DR to how a plane flies, I’d be more then willing to suggest an auto pilot option of some kind for them, likely using the current pin system.

1 Like

There’s been alot of toxicity here but also some polite discussion. I do think it’s good for us to voice our views about this though. Blizz needs to understand this is important to us, imo. :hugs:

7 Likes

systemlands and good story should never be used together in a sentence.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

4 Likes

Those that prefer TBC flying are going to finish pathfinder faster and easier than ever before, unlocking account wide TBC flying and also getting a faster version of TBC flying than they’ve had before.

Not sure why that would qualify as the devs having something against TBC flying, but to each their own. :woman_shrugging:

“if you think different than me, you’re toxic” that is a childish view don’t you think?
People should be able to live in peace even though they have different views. Just because I completely want TBC flying removed it shouldn’t trigger other people that think otherwise, just like people wanting Pathfinder being removed doesn’t trigger me.

But as long as this is being discussed in the forums, I have the right to speak my mind and even though you disagree, you have to respect that.

1 Like

That argument more or less boils down to “if they don’t do things the way I want, they have an issue with TBC flying”

Really, I think we have seen the last change to TBC flying, barring something like unlocking flight altogether in Quel’Thalas/Ghostlands/Azuremist/Bloodmist (which might mean another cata like instance when they unlocked flight in classic content)

1 Like

WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree, lol.
I think BFA and SL might have been tolerable if they hadnt been so thick with that stuff.

and to my adoring fans…cope
https://imgur.com/3UaoW71

2 Likes

These type of threads used to piss me off, especially with the people stonewalling that dragonriding should replace steadyflight. Then I realized they all will get stuck at that giant cliff face, with no vigor, and quietly switch over to SF to fly up, and never take back their public opinion.

7 Likes

That’s so mean, but it did make me chuckle a bit :joy:

I think the quests that require dynamic already have this too.

Yes I do. And it’s not my view or what I posted. I haven’t pointed out who I thought was toxic or who I thought was polite.
But you can assume whatever you want.

4 Likes

yeah…when they thought that was gonna happen they were seriously trolling in here, being insulting, telling everyone to deal with it lmao.

Thankfully Ion is a bit more mature and not so myoptic as some in here are and DOES seem to grasp that old flight needs to remain in game as ‘accessibility’ for some players…which is appreciated.

1 Like

There have been people on all sides of the discussion saying this.
Unless the devs say specifically I don’t believe anyone can come to that conclusion.

1 Like

Don’t forget, this is the WoW forums, jumping to conclusions is an everyday exercise here.

2 Likes

You’re likely correct about this.

They may not be doing it out of bitterness but they sure are making it look like they’re bitter when it comes to static flight.

Every reason that people give why static flight is locked is flimsy. Bots can be programmed to dragon ride, they’ll just hoof it, theyll just hack the map. It doesn’t matter, if someone is botting 24/7 the likelyhood is that theyre going to outgather most players anyways.

Hovering? Whats the difference from finding a perch? With the speed of dragon riding they can probably go from a safe perch to a location as fast as someone who is hovering.

Making people actually interact with the game to engage the players? To me dragon riding is far worse for interacting with the world itself, it just reinforces the zoom to point a to point b. If static flight hurts exploration dynamic destroys it.

Gathering I feel like most gathers will be focusing on quests before they start the gathering grind. For those gatherers that don’t, big deal, let players play how they want.

Locking them both just feels senseless to solve problems that are probably molehills in the grand scheme.

6 Likes

Or, consider that people learned how to use the dragon riding abilities correctly and don’t run out of vigor. It’s been two years to practice and learn, after all.

I’m sorry if I left the impression that my question was rhetoric or so, but I’m not assuming anything and I’m glad we think alike on this matter.

1 Like

I agree!

Unless I can skyride in flight form from the start.

Then; Get over it, already. Jeez

GetGud - my favorite retort from the 1990s. Gathering doesn’t exist, just GetGud.

I really should have released an energy drink in the 2000s called GetGud… I would have made a fortune.

2 Likes

It is just a matter of time. New players will all be funneled to Dragonflight leveling, they will have skyriding fully unlocked, go through the tutorial, and cross the skyes faster than anything.

Skyriding is the new normal flying in WoW.