Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

And even then you got flight so late in the expansion that it was pretty much over and boring at that point anyway.
Everyone has already seen everything. Mat prices on the AH have already tanked. Literally NO reason for flight by the time you got it other than just bragging rights.

I really do appreciate Ions war on flight changing and his giving flight on day one in DF and in TWW to come.
What irks me is how he just cant let pathfinder go and has to know who this current incarnation is affecting…and its CLEARLY NOT affecting the trolls.

5 Likes

I saw someone else mention this. I’m going to try this and see if it helps me, ty.

You should make use of the ignore feature. They won’t take your harassment claims seriously if you don’t at least do the minimum to avoid this person. If they make an alt to continue bothering you, you will have a case.

1 Like

Glad to help!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
dude is LITERALLY in this thread to harass and troll lesser abled players having trouble with skyriding…then whining about being harassed…

This forum never ceases to entertain with abject hypocrisy

3 Likes

As game director and was lead game / encounter designer, he had the final decision on pathfinder. So, yes I’m sure Ion was the one person who decided to change it.

What’s impressive is the amount of shills that come to defend the person who called people who wanted flying lazy.

6 Likes

This. So This!! But I don’t suppose any devs are listening…

Is this Pathfinder requirement just a desperate attempt to keep the achievement in the game??? Because otherwise it’s pointless now (thankfully). Why make it a punishment? Because that is what it is, especially for older (I am 73) and more veteran players. Not all players are speed demon multitaskers with twitchy brains and fingers.

TL:DNR This Pathfinder is a major fail. Sucks…fun right out of a key aspect of the game. [clap backs]

8 Likes

and more impressive is all those shills will be skyriding day one themselves…so I guess that makes them UBER lazy, lmao

1 Like

Stable flying. They have been taking flying away at the beginning of every expansion since WoD. It’s annoying to be relegated to ground mounts after having the freedom to fly. Even with dragonriding I find myself having to wait three minutes just get out of a hole I accidentally fell into. Is that the engaging content people keep talking about? Is that hole there just to mess with people?

5 Likes

yes… literally…thats its ONLY purpose at this point. Just cant let it go.
ive laid out numerous times how any argument defending PF is easily shot down.

Its not for Bots…its not for PVP…and its not for Exploration, as previously asserted for years.

Literally its still there because Ion WANTS it to be there.

4 Likes

It’s been my experience that in large software organizations the head of the department always takes the credit or blame for what happens but at best a consensus has formed with most of the “vision” part coming from people down the line.

Anyone running a large group like that not only has the story part, but there are the technical issues, interfacing with other groups, explaining things to Activision management, going to meetings on payroll, benefits, hiring and firing, tax issues, laws for what is allowed in different countries, etc, etc, etc.

The details in any of these areas tend to come up from people at lower levels specializing in these areas and most managers are smart enough to go with the consensus.

At least that’s been my experience when dealing with people two or three levels above those doing the actual work.

What restrictions exist, exactly?

1 Like

What in gods name are you going on about, son?
one of YOU said it was ‘unrestricted flight’ and thats why it wasnt going to be allowed without pathfinder lmao

• OLD FLIGHT ISNT UNRESTRICTED. LMAO. ITS FLIGHT. NOTHING MORE.
  • THE ONLY RESTRICTION HERE IS PATHFINDER ITSELF.
3 Likes

… so what are the restrictions?

Having no resource to manage makes Steady Flight unrestricted.
Understand now…son?

I’d say more than that. Since even when it was a gold buy, it could take a bit to save up for then. Gold wasn’t as plentiful as it is now.

I don’t mind pathfinder in TWW, but also am not against both forms opening at the same time.

1 Like

I’m just saying, the option is there on day 1, assuming the campaign is complete.

1 Like

You have to love how these folks try to play that semantics game.
He…or one of his ilk…saying that bliz isnt gonna let ‘unrestricted flight’ in the game without pathfinder…THEY are the ones who used ‘unrestricted’ in describing old flight itself…THEN theyre gonna try to flip the script and pretend that I am the one who called it that lmao.

dude deserved the ignore he got for attentiontrolling

1 Like

The restriction is that it’s slower.

1 Like

Then that’s not taking it away.
That’s a unlock, which became the new standard in wod.
Now if we were IN wod or going INTO wod, you could make this a valid argument as it was a gold dump prior, then it got moved to being locked behind achievements.

However as I said earlier, they set the precedent a very long time ago. Nothing has been taken away or changed in ~10 years.

Well I hate to be that person. That specific issue isn’t a blizzard problem or the average users problem. That is a user problem :dracthyr_shrug:
I’m not saying others don’t struggle, but you can’t use a very niche problem as the “is this the engaging content everyone wanted?”.
Because yes it is.
I don’t get stuck in holes. I fly under bridges and very low points. Do silly acrobatics. It is VERY engaging.

It differs person to person, but what you speak of is definitely in the low minority. And I’m not trying to undermine you or demean your perspective.

1 Like