Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

My takeaway from this thread:

People actually find dragon riding difficult?

I’m genuinely baffled :joy:

While I can certainly understand and empathize with the producers’ stance on the subject, I firmly feel as though it is built on a false pretense. Giving someone more agency and access to content that they already appreciate gives them the options to engage with it more and more often. But expecting players to appreciate content that they already do not appreciate is foolish.

5 Likes

What exactly was taken away?
I don’t understand this perspective any time it pops up.

TBC flight has been locked behind pathfinder since wod. Nothing has changed… aside from a new form of flying that blizzard is advertising.

And honestly, they’ve lessened pathfinder to the point where it’s almost nonexistent. Remember waiting until emerald dream release this xpac? In TWW, you can get it week 1.

So if anything, they are being more understanding WHILE still maintaining the precedent of pathfinder.

3 Likes

The option to use steady flight is being added much sooner than at any point in the past 10 years. Day 1 vs 6-9 months into the xpac.

Hard agree. Both should be unlocked at once.

7 Likes

As the other poster said…total copout. lol.
steady fight is HARDLY “unrestricted” flight lmao.
do you all just make this meaningless crap up on the fly…or is there a Crap Handbook somewhere thats required reading? lol

Flight is flight is flight.
Ion was always railing about EXPLORATION ON THE GROUND…lol…THAT was PF intent…supposedly.
Hes doing what hes doing now because Skyriding is HIS baby and he hates flight in general.

Id tell you to stop making these joke excuses for him in all of this, but honestly its just more entertaining to see what hokey nonsense you all are gonna come up with next, lmao.

unresticted flight lmao. As if steady flight has any REAL advantage here that actually matters for a day or two while its worked out… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IF pathfinder had ANY actual import now, friend, other than just spite and ego…Ion would NOT have reduce it to nothing like he has.
That it has been is proof beyond argument that Pathfinder ISNT about exploration OR limitation.
Its about his Pride over Skyriding.

3 Likes

Of course its false pretense.
And watch the circus show in here trying their best to PRETEND to have VALID reason for Pathfinder to even still exist, lmao.
They cant even keep their own stories aligned. Its about exploration. Its about PvP. Its about bots, lmao.

its about NONE of those OR Ion would NEVER have reduced the requirements as much as he did this time.

I appreciate him doing so for our lesser abled friends (many of whom are NOT DISABLED, just having issued with DRing) But in doing so he has confirmed what we all knew already…PF wasnt ever about having to explore on the ground.
It was his petulant hatred of flight altogether. His lashing out at players who dared to demand flight stay in the game. Precisely why flight under his watch didnt come until the expansion was pretty much over anyway…a total afterthought.

But he makes his new shiny toy…dragonriding…and he wants THAT to shine and old flight just steals its thunder in his mind…clearly.

Old flight DOESNT hinder this game in DF or in TWW or he’d have kept the requirements for PF dragging it out for a 10-12 months again.

steady flight annoys him for some personal reason to this day and THAT is why we still have pathfinder.
It has nothing to do here and now in this environment with the game itself where we have flight on day ONE of the expansion

7 Likes

The only lesson is that Ion is still miffed that his plan to eliminate flying in WoD backfired.
He’s petty and still throwing a temper tantrum like a 5 year old.

12 Likes

So I guess they started out in Vanillia with a backfire because we played that entire release (not technically an expansion I guess) without flying. Also as I recall, when we first got to Panda we couldn’t fly.

2 Likes

Bookmarking this for future bump. Thank you.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

You don’t have all the glyphs or it’s a skill issue. You can start from the bottom of the mountain in thaldraszus and fly past the peak with 4-5 vigor left if you know what you’re doing

1 Like

Flying was introduced in TBC. It wasn’t even a concept in vanilla. The pathfinder didn’t start until WoD. Flying was always a max level thing from TBC until WoD. Pathfider was Ion’s way of making the players jump through hoops if they wanted flying.

2 Likes

Sure and they decided to change it. They built Panda and later releases on not flying being part of the challenge. If they wanted to allow flying then they would have had to up the challenge to compensate.

Of course a lot of this is coming from the people who don’t want questing to be a challenge. It’s the crew that can’t stand leveling and gearing up and wants to be top level top gear on day one so they can go do high level dungeons and raids.

That’s just not this game. In WoW you spend time leveling up and gearing up. That advanced stuff is called “end game” for a reason.

One person decided to change it and it was Ion. Flying was end game. You had to be max level to buy it.

Are you sure of that? You have that much detailed knowledge of the internal workings of the company? There were no other lower level people who brought him the idea and told him how it would work and why they wanted it?

That’s impressive.

1 Like

Just aim up at 45 degrees and the skyward ascent boost will last its whole recharge time

1 Like

People asked for flying and it came with TBC. That is how I remember it as well.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

It’s a trolling post. They know Skyriding is unlocked very quickly in TWW, not Steady Flight.

4 Likes

Pretty much.
REGARDLESS if the Ionic drones in here shilling for PF, WE NOW KNOW PF is NOT for exploration…IF it were. Skyriding and Dragonriding would BOTH REQUIRE Pathfinder…yet they dont.

Only ONE group here finds themselves having to explore prior to flight…and that is the lesser abled players who are having one issue or another with this new flight.
EVERYONE ELSE isnt exploring anything before flight on day one.

The number of those who have too much issue with skyriding to want to do it is clearly miniscule BY THE WORDS OF THE ATTENTIONTROLLS THEMSELVES…and thus too small a group to be any threat to them or their game.

• As far as this Bots hoax…again…bots dont need flight. lmao.
    I know. I see bots ON THE GROUND 99% of the time when I do see them…and they AINT farming nodes…theyre running in and out of the LFR NPCs, over to a vendor and back into the LFR.
    They dont NEED flight at all to do that to farm gold.

• As far as PvP and flight…sorry but we already have the admission / incessant whimpering from gankers screeching that warmode is failed and barren…so doing pathfinder for old flight has nothing to do with world pvp

• again CLEARLY ISNT about exploration…otherwise skyriding would require pathfinder too.

Factually the attentiontrolls have ZERO VALID arguments.
Easily concluded they are in here for attention, nothing more. Saying edgy, trolling crap to get a response. Thats pretty much it.

Stop feeding them and they’ll get tired and move along to the next topic they can troll in

2 Likes

of course it is.
That one and his ilk have been trolling this topic since DF when we found out about pathfinder and old flight requirements

2 Likes