Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

Alright, we all sign off here!
Remove PF for TBC flying and reduce it to 60%

You can sleep well now, it has been resolved now!

:bird: :dragon:

Yes remove PF requirements!

And add PF requirements to DR.

See it was easy to resolve!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Just lock static’s top speed to half of DF to compensate for the fact that it’s on cruise control and give it a rolling debuff when it sits still. If you remain stationary at a hover for long enough, instant dismount. The people who genuinely prefer actually playing w/static still get their playstyle and the people who want to AFK at 4’000ft, or spawncamp things out of reach of any threat, which are the only real problems I can see with it, do not.

The debuff approach doesn’t make sense when it is already slower to be honest. I think what is happening is people are over stating the ability to hover.

My opinion of course.

My understanding is that they did a lot to prevent this from happening, do you know anyone this happened to? Have you read any posts of it actually happening or is this a lot of “here’s what COULD happen.”

No matter what accessibility issues they fix through DR the simpler solution is to have TBC normal flying available at the get go no strings attached.

3 Likes

there’s nothing minimal about the amount of quests in DF.

1 Like

If Blizzard hated static flight why did they change it so it can be unlocked day one, rather than forcing people to wait for 6-9 months?

Maybe it’s because they don’t hate it, and people just say that sort of thing because they’re salty for some reason.

Salty despite getting what they were requesting for 10 years, which is not having to wait for 6-9 months for a patch that allows them to complete pathfinder.

1 Like

Yeah no that’s fair - someone clarified that it was available after doing the questing after that comment.

Like I said it’s still kinda backwards in concept, but it’s basically irrelevant since it’ll be done in a day either way.

1 Like

People complained incessantly about having nothing to do in WoD, and how they felt alone with everyone sitting alone in their garrisons.

WoD still saw a significant delay for adding in flying. Pathfinder required the completion of Tanaan Jungle patch content.

If adding back flying was to counter subscriptions dropping that badly, why did they wait so long to do it?

2 Likes

Indeed it is a backward concept which is why it doesn’t make sense if I am being honest.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

I doubt that. For the vast majority of the game, we were grounded while leveling.

I have no problem with completing the campaign to unlock flight.

2 Likes

Locking flight never made sense to be honest because requiring to look at third party web sites to see how to unlock it feels bad.

That is why pre WoD all you had to do is ding, pay gold and done.

2 Likes

Yep, my apologies. I continued to read the thread after replying to your comment and saw that exchange. Cheers

1 Like

Like the DF profession changes if you have to go to a third party website to figure out how to unlock PF then it is a failure in that regard.

That is why PF has never been popular in WoW.

They did. If you turn on the Motion sickness option and turn off all the effect under mounts in Accessibility all the things causing motion sickness are eliminated.

They even have an option to dim the screen around your toon to minimize the feeling of peripheral motion.

1 Like

Not everyone with motion sickness are saying that it was eliminated as it is still an issue.

We can not speak for others and presume to know their view point.

6 Likes

I don’t have an issue with motion sickness, but I played around with these settings for the first time last night.

The one that eliminates the “fish eye lens” effect that happens when you use the speed boost is something I might keep off going forward.

Never got sick or uneasy, I just thought it was a hokey way to give an artificial sense of speed. Really the opposite was true as the effect abates, imo. It made it feel like you weren’t even moving for a second or two as the effect “fades out”.

Compared to other expansions absolutely.

DF was a very mid expansion which is why many people look forward going into TWW.

1 Like

Likely because they didn’t turn everything off. If they’re still seeing rings or speed fx they missed something.

The same goes for a lot of people who say Sky Riding is too hard but it turns out they just don’t know how it works like this poster.