Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

It’s more so the direction they are going with flying.
I’ve linked the TWW panel with Ion talking about it on stage.

Basically blizzard is making dynamic flying default. You’ll get it baseline while leveling and glyphs passively. And of course TWW launch, it’s baseline.
They are highlighting it since they are expanding it to the non dragon mounts.

While I agree pathfinder is silly at this point, I can understand why they chose to temp lock it. They also chose to make the requirements super easy, which tells me they are aren’t trying to be super hard headed about it.
Week 1 vs patch .2 with a laundry list of requirements.

Here is Ion talking about it if you are curious. It’s a 3 minute segment. Something I’ve been trying to get them to watch so they can at least understand from blizzards perspective.

It’s time stamped where the segment begins - https://youtu.be/xPqZ7LSGjSU?t=2044

I haven’t once said anything remotely making fun of anyone. Y’all just can’t comprehend my neutrality on it and like to twist it to make me seem like a bad person. :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

BlizZard increased the speeds of TBC normal flying in TWW so at this point it is considered under powered.

Which is why locking it behind PF doesn’t make sense if it needed a buff since it was underpowered compared to DR speeds.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

It doesn’t matter what is over/under powered.

Its about what blizzard wanted to show off, which wasn’t TBC flying. :dracthyr_shrug:

True I feel that it shouldn’t have reached this point but that is what happens when you allow people to equate those that prefer TBC normal flying like they are bots.

Not cool in my book but that is where we are at the moment. Personally I believe the easy solution is to remove the PF locking of TBC normal flying and let people choose. That way people can go on their own way and path as they see fit. One size fits all failed with covenants and why PF continues to fail from my view point.

3 Likes

I appreciate the effort and the level headed responses, but i seriously can’t watch him speak, once someone has lied to me once, i have a hard time listening to their slippery lawyer talk. Unless he acknowledges he lied to us and apologizes, i won’t respect or take anything he says at face value.

We all know that’ll never happen though lol

7 Likes

Idk do you have any reason to be in this discussion?

I have doubts.

1 Like

Eh true. It’s just nice to hear it being verbalized and the direction they are going though.

Like the back and forth feels nonproductive when you can just go to the source, ya know?

As a PVP player frankly it doesn’t make sense to lock TBC flying behind PF either.

1 Like

I think this debate is almost like politics or religion at this stage, people have chosen their camps, and no amount of discussion is going to make anyone budge. I will say though, i think the people who think static flight should be given at the same time as dynamic flight have common sense on their side.

It just seems so ridiculous and illogical to restrict access to an inferior version of flying, unless it’s just about digging your heels in and forcing people to do things your way for a while.

7 Likes

That is the end goal.

But the truth is that player choice will prevail.

2 Likes

Exactly why I like remaining neutral. Zero emotional investment. You can see both sides.

See this, there are two sides to this point. One one hand yes, but then on the other… Some of the reasons are pretty silly :sob:

Like it should definitely just exist at this point, but the comparisons, examples and reasons are definitely pretty out there lol.

Pretty much it.
After watching the panels, reading articles, heck their website for TWW. They are HEAVILY pushing dynamic flying.
So to me, it makes sense why they did it. I still think it’s pointless when the vast majority will have pathfinder done in early access lol.

Yup.

I feel that this is at this point punishing players far more than creating engagement. Players have earned TBC normal flying many times over. That isn’t logical to ask them to do it again while DR is no strings attached.

That is why PF has never been popular.

3 Likes

Blizzard wants people to interact with the world, but also doesn’t want to not let people use steady flight since that is unpopular. So the compromise is you interact with the world once, grounded or airborne, through the main questline and you get to use steady flight after that. I would call previous pathfinder iterations what you claimed above, at this point it is very similar to TBC, Wrath, and MoP where it was obtained at max or just before max level, and nobody complained about it then, even though it came with a hefty gold sink as well.

1 Like

TBC normal flying is better for interacting with the world because it is slower.

2 Likes

Then let’s make it even slower: 60% flying, like OG TBC Flying mount.

You got locked out of flying in almost every xpac until you hit max. Did a gold dump. Some achievs. Etc.
It’s the same with TWW. TBC is yet again locked behind a thing. You can still use it every where else. Nothing was taken away from you.

But see this is the kind of misinterpretation that happens when you allow one thing and block the other. It’s a false sense of lose.

:bow_and_arrow: :eyes:

TWW is arguably locked behind the least of any expansion. The possible contention is Cataclysm, but that was a gold investment on every character, whereas pathfinder is account wide and just asks you to level, the same as every expansion but Cata did.

Also, seriously, what is the deal with the emoji spam? Is there a meaning?

1 Like

BlizZard is not prepared to do that which is why it is indeed very balanced right now at its current speeds.

In fact that is why PF should exist for Dragon Riding.

Oh don’t worry we can start a campaign to help them to bring it down to 60% to make it better as you said!

As long as they remove PF requirements and put PF on DR.

That is fine.