Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

yeah…thats like asking them not to breathe. lol.
We all do whats in our NATURE to do.

1 Like

This is why I thank them for their increased visibility because they are helping out in a positive way.

We need many people to be aware of the PF requirements for TWW so it can be changed.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

What have i done?

I guess i just try to understand where people are coming from, people just want to be understood, they want to hear that you understand where they’re coming from and that you feel similarly. Sometimes if I’m 50/50 on a topic, i’ll open up with agreement and understanding, then finish on the part that i disagree with and explain why.

What i won’t do, is go into a discussion with the sole purpose of disagreeing with people and aggravating them, especially if the topic doesn’t really bother me that much either way, or if it’s about something that i don’t participate in.

I really wish everyone here could get a healthy dose of empathy.

9 Likes

The same reason you two keep bumping the thread, even if no one else is replying.

Y’all literally talk nonsense TO EACH OTHER to keep it going :joy:

The lack of self awareness is incredible.

4 Likes

Definitely the ONLY thing that seems to work with Ion and crew, for certain.
ive known some obstinate human beings and their making bad decisions over the years but lord…this guy is over the top more than most.

Agreed.
Just like DF when Ion backed down on the Renown requirements…the more complaining done, the more likely hes gonna see the error of PF’s ways

3 Likes

Exactly we need a healthy WoW community.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

I understand. I am the same way. However, these two don’t think like that.

They want the spotlight to be on them. They do not care about fact, only opinion. One of them immediately turns hostile if they disagree with you and threaten to ignore you.
The other replies to random people just to spam and bump topics.

Empathy and understanding is also a two way street.

Unfortunately some don’t posses either of those traits. It’s a their way or the highway option.

You and me also have our debates. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don’t, but we always keep it amicable. That’s the difference here. It’s not. They disagree and you get flamed.

4 Likes

Not ONE of them has any VALID reason to be in this discussion…AT ALL.
They will ALL be on their skyriding mounts soon and NONE of them are gonna be paying attention to players who are having to work out pathfinder.
NOT ONE of them will even try to help someone get their PF done a little faster.
NOT ONE of them has a shred of empathy, otherwise it would kill them emotionally to be in here treating lesser abled players with so much indifference.
Yet here they are…mocking and demeaning like they have been since PF was used for old flight in DF.

That would be fantastic.
The only people I refuse to have empathy for are sociopaths who have none themselves.

4 Likes

I guess if you poke someone with a stick enough times, they may just see hostility at any moment you engage with them, it’s like the whole chicken and egg thing right now though, one side thinks the other is unnecessarily hostile and antagonistic, the other appears to be overly defensive and hard to reason with.

Until we all start treating each other a little nicer, it’s just going to keep going around in circles. Something that i personally do is imagine that the person I’m talking to is someone i actually care about, and they’re right in front of me. We’re still on opposite sides of the debate, but i’ll choose my words much more carefully because we might be sitting at the same dinner table in 2 hours time :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A lot of the problem is folks are making false equivalences here (sensory and physical limitations not withstanding):
Dynamic Flight = Manual Transmission
Static Flight = Automatic Transmission

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

If static flight was actually noclip I could understand locking it behind a pathfinder; Who wouldn’t want to phase through everything and straight-line their destination.

3 Likes

TBC normal flying is very balanced for the modern game. In fact it was underpowered for TWW which is why BlizZard boosted the speed upward.

TBC irregular flying is unbalanced from 17 years ago game.

Needs to be put down

:headstone:

Like I said above, apart from passing through walls, it’s NoClip. Literal free 360 degree movement with no gravity or nuance whatsoever.

2 Likes

To me this seems like a druid issue. I always feel like I’m cheating while I play druid.

1 Like

If only you could amicably discuss this topic without being demeaning and mocking people huh?
Lest we forget…

I understand that take as well. It’s a little different when it’s happenstance vs all the time in topics where people disagree.

For example their first engagement with me. They didn’t like what I said, so they called me an attention troll, amongst other things. Just because they didn’t agree. (All I said was bots use tbc flying more than DR :joy:)

It’s all an agenda. It’s not about talking, discussing, debating. It’s agree with me or you are a sociopath! You lack empathy! Etc.

So While I agree everyone should have empathy. It should go both ways. Not bow down and only you be empathetic.

5 Likes

While i think it’s a little hyperbolic, i do understand where they are coming from, i mean, if OG flying is so crap and slow, and dynamic flight is better than it in nearly all circumstances, why do so many of these people fight against OG flying being available at the same time as dynamic flight?

It’s like, you can have your 300mph Ferrari, but getting your old Toyota that can barely make it to 100mph is going to take a lot of hurdles by comparison, it just makes no sense to me.

I personally wish that Blizzard would just make use of specific quests flagging you as being unable to fly. Consider this scenario, you get a breadcrumb quest from the main city telling you to head out to a questing zone, you fly out there (dynamic or static, your choice), but as soon as you land and pick up the dailies/WQ or whatever, you can’t fly, you’re flagged as being unable to fly until you either drop the quests, or complete them. Just like that MoP quest that flagged you for PvP so long as it was in your log.

Doing it this way, Blizzard would have a lot more granular control over when we fly and when we don’t, without needing to take anything away from anyone or apply blanket restrictions/gates.

5 Likes

They push back because they want to make fun of people that are not able to use DR.

A lack of empathy is apparent IMVHO.

2 Likes

wow.
Calling people who disagree with them as sociopaths.

Time to flag

:hammer: :hammer:

6 Likes

TBC normal flying is balanced because it does not have the speeds that puts stress on the servers like DR does.

That is why for TWW expansion the speeds of DR is the same as old world speeds and not Dragonflight expansion speeds.

I think it needs to be toned down to 100% flying speed.
That would be reasonable, and lasts for 2 min, then you need to stay on the ground for another minute before you can fly again.

This is balanced

:bird: :dragon: