Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

This helps me understand what you are trying to communicate. To be clear, when you are saying we need to complete the “campaign “ you are referencing Pathfinder. Saying we need to “do the bare minimum’” leads to confusion. Be specific, if you are taking about Pathfinder say it, not wording that leads to confusion.

And yes, I agree customers will have to complete the Pathfinder achievement to gain steady flight. However, I think features used for accessibility should not be locked behind an achievement.

2 Likes

This is a fair take, the issue some of us have is the a=ones arguing for the unlinking or removal of pathfinder are also complaining about players doing things, like hovering over event areas AFK, that steady flight enables and get loot for such.

Kinda like if they feel that people should not be lazy in events, why are they for something that will enable them to be lazy? Or if they want it due to something, like disability, why are they not understanding that some of the ones they are complaining about might be disabled as well?

And it is not about ego either. It is about doing what is right. BlizZard you can and should do better.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

6 Likes

Again, fair take, but there are those, like Moused, that might not care about what is “right” and jsut want things their way.

Is it right that disabled people have to do pathfinder to get the form of flight that they can handle? likely not
is it right that potentially disabled people get called lazy for having to deal with something that causes them to go at least semi-AFK (or more like AFC, Away from character)? I say no

This is what Moused has come across as:
in the case of the first-Moused “I am disabled and should not have to do pathfinder or go via ground just to earn steady flight”
In the case of the second; Moused:: “those people are just lazy and should have to play the same way as everyone else for their loot”

If it really is about doing what is right, you better make damn sure none on your side are not coming across as hypocrites, other wise as long as they are speaking, some will keep pulling the "you don’t care about what is right, you just want thigns your way because that is how it is for x (x being the one that is the one being a hypocrite).

2 Likes

Now this is weird.

Just logged in to my L22 Rogue to go chase echoes to level her up. Initially in Ogrimmar, Summon Favorite Mount worked as advertized, summoned a flying mount while I was dumping old gear and crap… thought hmmmmm

Logged out of Rogue, shifted to one of my 70s in Dalaran.
Summon Favorite Mount not working. Bummer. Logged back to the Rogue in Orgrimmar…Summon Favorite Mount no longer working…

/sigh
Damn it Blizz

1 Like

What is your favorite mount? You know, the one that won’t work?

1 Like

Imagine spending a whole month complaining about pathfinder.
Gets pathfinder anyways

:rofl:

and posting the side topic on new thread.

Remove Pathfinder from TWW

5 Likes

Mine is the Otterwordly Ottuk mount, and it got screwed over by dragonriding.

2 Likes

No, that is not all of it. One group, gets full QoL(or at least 90% but I would argue full) from the start, the other has to play through the game without it, then get’s QoL. You are arguing it is ok to take a QoL completely away from one group, to stop another group from gaining an extra 10% of QoL. It’s very clearly unfair.

That is the whole point. The idea that negating QoL of SF is worth this split is the entire issue. I feel it is not, because it is tiny and in passing. They are negating almost nothing on the side of what flying does for anyone…but for people who can’t use the new type they are completely taking it away. You are supporting changing basically nothing for anyone except people with disabilities.

You are saying they CAN complete it on the ground so it doesn’t matter that you are taking away a QoL from them. Remember, they can’t use it. You are actually supporting the OP here. Lock both, or open both. It does basically nothing to lock it for people who can use DF.

My stance is if the net gain to locking this is next to nothing for the majority, and it is above that, even a little bit for people with disabilities it is wrong.

The problem with your logic here is that you see limiting it until you get PF done it does something good for the game that is better than the disadvantage you are giving to people with disabilities here. I don’t see it at all.

When you break it down to QoL it actually gets even clearer that this is unfair. If it is just QoL, then limiting it to only able bodied people without motion sickness is a very clear way to highlight how unfair that is. Not a huge evil to do it, but very clearly unfair.

3 Likes

If you complete the campaign and explore the zones, you just removed pathfinder.

:yawning_face:

Bots.

I strongly feel it could be possible that one of the majority reasons that Blizz chose to go this route would be to stem the bots ability to farm for nodes especially in the early stages of the expansion. For this reason I would actually very much support Blizz’s decision to lock steady flying behind path finder.

This keeps coming up. One, bots can now use the new type of flying. Two, pathfinder for anyone able bodied can now likely be done in a day or two.

At most this would stop a bot player from botting for a day or two, in reality it won’t stop them at all. Also they increased the speed of stable flying so it all makes no sense for stopping bots.

3 Likes

I’ll agree that’s plausible; however, I would be more apt to think that a multi billion dollar company with over 100 million customers world wide, running for the past 20 years, would have found a better way to stop cheaters by now.

3 Likes

How can one stop cheaters if what they use is included in game? Flight is included in game, flight (or best travel for area) is what the bots/cheaters use. As such, sometimes you can’t stop them but you can slow them down or limit their effect in early stages of the expansion.

This is likely the situation Blizzard finds themselves in, they can’t really stop the cheaters without hitting the non-cheaters in the “blast”. Would it be better for the game if they stopped the bots? yes, but how can they do that without doing something like removing flight altogether?

If the bots wre using exploits or whatever, sure they can stop them, but the only thing Blizzard can really act on for bots might be the fact it is a 3rd party program “playing” the game for whoever made/programmed the bots.

In essences, it is another version of "want to do X, can’t do X for Y reasons, so find a way to achieve Z effect. Like many still slam Ion for wanting to remove flight in WoD (X) he could not do that cause players rebelled (Y) so he/Blizzard decided to limit flight for the first time (Z).

With this it is : Blizzard wants to stop the bots/cheaters (X), Blizzard can’t due to the tools used by such are the same Blizzard put in themselves (Y) so they have to settle for limiting the affect the bots/cheaters have early on (Z)

You forgot you have to be level 80 too…so if I get all the other stuff done and not levevl 80 I am still screwed and have to ground hoof it till I make 80…Its a BS move on Blizzard to force players esp those that have medical or physical issues with Dragon Flying or whatever name it is this week to either use Dragon Flying or have to ground hoof it for how ever long it takes them to get all that Pathfinder mess done…for some it might take a day or 2 …others it might take a week or more you can’t judge or gauge how long it will take players now…none of you can only the player with issues can…

4 Likes

I didn’t forget, it is implicit that you need that and you’ll get that once you complete the campaign

:bird: :dash:

Well in Beta it was not hard to get level 80 while just running through the campaign and exploring the map, specially if you was farming nodes at the same time. If you was not, then just grab a few side quest while doing the main campaign. If you do all the quest in each zone you will score level 80 long before you are even in the last zone anyways.

It is not that big of a deal. Stop trying to act like its really going to hold you back. You already said you do not play any end game content so why are you in such a rush to get to it anyways?

When the leveling servers went down there was still a bug that if you did too many side quests it locked you out of the campaign. Now given a lot of bugs that are in beta made it to live currently, I feel that this could possibly happen in retail too.

I personally feel bad for anyone that will have to ground mount it through the campaign, Hallowfall might be rough for them.

1 Like