Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

As it should be, and even those that have “mastered” dynamic might have issues with the stop and go nature of questing.

Which even Blizzard has no issues with after the first time. In a way, pathfinder is what enables a “new game+” mode for each expansion, play through the game once normally and any other characters you take through the content have all the bonuses and such that you unlocked the first time through.

2 Likes

I aplaud your courage and conviction Moused. I wish you all the best, and hope you find enjoyment in the game. I’m personally fed up with their strongman tactics and will no longer tolerate their disrespect. Take care :slight_smile: :dove: :heartpulse:

6 Likes

:joy:
/10char

I would say the same to you.

3 Likes

Really…?

Which argument do you feel like I have ignored, completely thrown to the side, and not addressed at all that has been made against the things I have said? Enlighten me, which one would you say I have ignored.

Congrats, you applaud a hypocrite, Moused is in this topic complaining about doing minimum work for a reward yet in another topic she is complaining about lazy players getting rewards for no work during the event.

According to Moused, if you were doing the event and hovering or AFKing, for any reason, you should not get rewards. Keep in mind, those “lazy” players could be fellow disabled players that need to get medicine or whatever for pain. So support her all you want, but all her arguments she has made too easy to turn around on her and show her as a hypocrite.

2 Likes

Steady flight is needed for some people.

5 Likes

Our interest in Steady Flight is not about being “lazy”

4 Likes

I did not say it was, but optics are a thing.

Moused is complaining about having to do minimum work for a reward
Moused complains about people AFKing/being “lazy” and getting rewarded

The ones she is complaining about could easily be disabled people, the same she is using in this topic to try and get steady fight without the work. Appearance? Moused: these people don’t deserve the reward for no work yet I want the reward for no work. As she often has said “What’s good for the goose is good for the gander”, if she does not want people to get rewarded for no work, why should she get rewarded for no work when both would just take minimum work other wise.

You and others in this thread might not have interest in steady flight out of being lazy, but the appearance for Moused is she wants to be lazy yet does not think others should get rewarded for such.

1 Like

They’re also in the thread complaining about the 5 sec toggle since they swap all the time supposedly. I guess their disability comes and goes.

It’s pretty clear this was all about farming for them since they don’t really do anything else in the game outside of the AH.

2 Likes

Stop being rude. I didn’t read every comment you have ever posted, and saying you played through it once and it’s easy so it’s fine to do that…totally ignores my point that it doesn’t take it out of the game. You can’t both say they really want it gone and it hurts the game and all that…then ignore that they are making it easier to get this time around.

So knock off the rude. You didn’t explain that at all. You just said it’s easy to get so everyone should stop complaining, and that people who can’t use new flying can’t use old either…which also makes no sense.

My point is if they (Blizzard) really don’t like old flying and it hurts the game then why are they making it easier to get? If it hurts the game so much, then why still have it after, as you said such a small hurdle? If you can put it behind something you get by doing this “Play the game at a bare minimum level, and you have it. That’s it.” Then not having to do that likely wouldn’t hurt the game all that much.

I feel I have stuck to a fairly simple argument. If it is so easy to get, then just making it available from the start can’t be that big a deal.

Which will still exist in the game after a small hurdle at the start so putting it behind PF doesn’t fix that, it is just an inconvienance that happens to be quite a bit bigger for some than others.

You can trivialize nearly all the same things with dynamic flight that you can with steady flight…also…it (SF) will still be in the game after the small hurdle so again, it doesn’t stop a thing except in the first few days. That makes it not a fix for any of these problems and bringing them in doesn’t make sense.

You are both arguing it’s no big deal to get SF and that putting SF behind PF fixes this huge issue with flying. That makes no sense. You may as well say fixing flying for a week, then allowing it to break the game, means we have fixed flying permanently. That makes no sense at all.

Take a walk and chill a bit. Your ideas don’t all fit together and have quite a bit of conflicting points.

If getting SF through PF is trivial and so easy no one should complain…then doing away with PF is trivial and no one should complain.

edit: put some clarifications in on what I meant when I said things like it or them

4 Likes

Hmm, interesting, I was sure she was complaining about not being able to use dynamic flight due to her disability. Guess she is an Indian holy person (a fakir and yes I know that pun is bad) in addition to being a hypocrite.

2 Likes

I and others have addressed this multitudes of times already.

If a person’s need for this type of flying is required, then you have a greater problem if the bare minimum of “play the game a bare minimum amount” (where flying of any kind isn’t needed) cannot be achieved … no amount of flying can fix that. Regardless of whatever type it is.

This is a self-defeating argument.

1 Like

Weird I agree.

3 Likes

You have addressed it with nonsense. You have both said SF allows for slower gameplay where you can hover and that people with disabilities can’t be helped by SF. That makes no sense. So you addressed it…with nonsense. How can you not see that a slower, less twitch based flying mechanic…that you admit is much easier to do…wouldn’t be easier for someone with motion sickness or a physical disability? Explain how slower more controlled gameplay wouldn’t help those people?

It is not about cannot be achieved. It is about making it harder for people with disabilities than it is for people without them for a nearly zero gain of keeping PF. There are some hyperbolic folks saying it can’t be done at all, but nearly all have not said that. They said it was a targeted inconvenience. Some say on purpose some say not…I am in the negligence rather than vindictiveness camp.

FYI, in most cases people with handicaps can get by without a parking spot close to the store. We give it to them because we understand they have a greater struggle and we lose very little to help. ROI.

3 Likes

Again, you completely miss the point.

2 Likes

It’s the power of math people!

Why is it always a Vulpera or Dracthyr character that makes threads like this? It should be pretty obvious why one and not the other is locked behind Pathfinding. This is Blizzard’s compromise on flight at the start of the expansion. Way better than the way things were handled in say Warlords of Draenor.

Druids cannot ‘hover’ or perch in a tree to swoop down either. That’s flat out false. If you loot something now or go to mine, you will be pulled out of flight form, or dismounted. Same I believe applies to Herbalism. You have to have a profession point from these gathering professions to do that.

This was a means to address the many druid bots that were programmed to fly in circles around the map flooding the market with masses of herbs which hurt everyone else’s ability to earn money from gathering. Bots cannot program Skyriding quite as easy, and that is a good thing for the game’s economy.

It doesn’t address them at all past the first week of grinding out PF so how does that make sense? Also there are DF bots now, but that’s just an extra point.

Saying that this was done to address bots doesn’t make sense as long as SF is still in the game. It makes even less sense when they lowered the bar so far for most people. Also bots hit those profession points really fast so not sure how that matters. If they did this for bots they REALLY missed the mark.

2 Likes

The point is that you don’t have one.

You want TBC flying at the same time as everyone else, and you dislike the explanations that has been given by layman people, Blizzard, and even academics studying the phenomena in question. So no, I haven’t missed the point - it is that you didn’t have one to begin with.

To help explain the point, I got rid of the stuff that is irrelevant from the point:
Nothing about this has anything to do with Dragonriding/Skyriding. It has ZERO things to do with that, and bringing that in means that you don’t get it at all.

In TWW to complete the campaign you can do so on the ground. No flying is required to do so. There is no need nor requirement. The end.

What TBC Flying/AFK:ing has done to the game for the past 17 years is well documented and has been explained multiple times over and over. That’s what it is being limited. But in an environment where flying is now an expected norm, Blizzard reshaped it for DF and going into TWW they are doing so again, removing ALL forms of even temporary simple non-strenuous uses of Dragonriding/Skyriding making it a ground based expansion where flying is a QoL improvement. But if you want to have access to the most broken form of QoL, you are expected to play the bare minimum of the game aka. the campaign.

That’s it. There’s no magical unicorns or random BS like what ya’ll have been spewing for the past month. It is as simple as this:
TWW’s campaign is doable via the ground. A single QoL improvement that singlehandedly warped WoW forever is locked behind the bare minimum of “Complete the campaign once.”

None of the rest of the nonsense ya’ll keep harping on about is relevant, because that’s literally all there is to it. You want access to a QoL improvement? Be prepared to do the absolute most bare-bone minimum that’s expected of you namely “play the game.”

1 Like