Live Developer Q&A Friday, December 14 – Submit Your Questions

Can we get flying back anytime soon?

7 Likes

Why was the Azerite Knowledge change not displayed in the path notes or brought up during the ptr cycle?
Why turn off Azerite Knowledge rather than just increase the levels required to get new rings on gear?
Why make keystones un-delete-able rather than balance the dungeons?

2 Likes

What reason do we still have a language barrier between the factions when in other Blizzard games we have the capability to communicate to the other team?

6 Likes

Why have many old raid bosses still not had skips implemented for them? Why can’t I choose my loot spec for old raids? Why do old raids still drop so little gear? Why are only 1-2 incomplete sets finished per year (the blue recolor of icc dk gear was just finished with boots dropping in island expeditions)

Would you, pretty please, consider letting demon hunters use the black eyes from the night warrior customization instead of our green fel eyes?

In a patch that is supposed to bring some awesome ‘fist bump’ moments for night elves…it’s a bit disheartening to not be able to see perhaps the coolest part of this new feature just because of my specific class. :confused:

1 Like

When will new allied races be announced? Personally I’d love to see Sethrak and Vulpera making their way in.

3 Likes

is it intentional for dwarves and blood elves to require exalted reputation on that character for their heritage armor? I had hoped the account wide reputation change would allow us to get the armor without farming reputation over again, if we already have it on our main.

Then explain how I am able to speak to Blood Elves on a Void Elf, in the Thalassian language?

1 Like

Can you please explain the reason behind the change to the community API that prevents addons from interacting with chat in community/guild channels?

This not only breaks CrossRP, but affects other addons as well. What are you trying to prevent from happening?

42 Likes

Do you purposefully listen to the community, and do the opposite of what they would like to see, or do you just not listen to them at all?

Also, do you care? Even a little?

1 Like

Mine a off question. Why did she throw in the head into well? Who head was it?

#WarcraftQA With many gamers already playing other games at higher quality and with very low latency on services like Shadow and Parsec without having to upgrade expensive gaming rigs every year or two, why does Blizzard refuse to let the gamer decide what latency they accept as opposed to just blocking access? Will cloud services ever become a thing Blizzard accepts? I just subscribed to one of these services for other games I play and if I cannot play Blizzard games on it, that will stink, but I just won’t be playing some of my favorite Blizzard games anymore and you will lose multiple subs from my household since we will all be switching over to games that allow cloud based gaming on thin-clients as opposed to expensive PC upgrades.

Is the Cenarion Circle still a thing?
Because I just watched the CCs leader killing my people.
Our next meeting’s going to be a bit…awkward.

My shaman has the same question concerning the Earthen Ring.

2 Likes

It seems like the number of users is tanking. Several of my friends haven’t been on in months, Battlenet token costs are down, and people just aren’t playing BfA. They’re playing final fantasy, swtor, eso, and even second life.

It will probably take something substantial, perhaps previously refused, to bring them back.

What do the devs plan to do to bring people back? Guild halls? Player housing? Modern customization options? Faction defection?

2 Likes

Why is voidform a main ability when most priests I meet dislike it?

2 Likes

Glaives have iconically been used by more than Demon Hunters throughout WoW, especially kaldoeri sentinels and troll shadow hunters. Since you’re fine with Demon Hunters using non-glaives, when can non-Demon Hunters use glaives?

5 Likes

Lifetap was horrible. Removing it was the best change to warlocks.

1 Like

For more information and community opinions, see this thread: Patch 8.1 and Cross-Faction Roleplay

For the “other addons,” it’s basically anything that interacts with guild chat (because guild chat got folded into the community system.) It’s partially broken die rolling addons (for emulating tabletop-style RPG gameplay,) transmog linkers, RP profile sharing options. I wouldn’t be surprised if it killed the ability to print DPS meters to guild chat.

But Cross RP is, for the time being, 100% broken, which is making a lot of people who enjoyed being able to actually roleplay the Alliance/Horde conflict very unhappy.

9 Likes

Are there any plans to introduce more glyphs? Glyphs are fun, and with a lot of old models removed some players would really enjoy having them. Making the Claws of Shirvallah model a glyph comes to mind.

2 Likes

We’ve made real in roads with the races and cultures of Kul Tiras and Zandalar. It’s a no brainer (and old news!) that we’ll be getting new troll and human allied races but the real question is: What comes next!? Maybe some friends from Vol’dun (pretty please)?

4 Likes