Live Developer Q&A - Ask Questions Here!

I would like to know if there are any plans or intentions to fix the tools for certain professions to actually make them useful.

Leatherworking in particular, is extremely useless. Alchemy, enchanting and jewelcrafting - professions that have expansion long markets for their items are getting thousands of gold of freebies each and every day, whereas tailoring, blacksmithing and leatherworking are getting next to nothing in value for the equivalent amount of work required to earn them.

1 Like

Can you dissolve the myth that removing portals was a way to increase time played metric?

That’s the only answer I honestly wana hear. It gets tiring hearing it on the forums all the time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Transmog Question: Can you make it so that Legion Artifacts that were Dual Wield weapons (e.g. Rogue, Fury Warrior, DH) be allowed to transmog onto MH or OH separately? It’s messing with my Nax class fantasy having 2 Thunderfurys on my back.

Also…if I could just transmog my actual Thunderfury…wait…did someone say…?

When will we get Wildhammer Dwarf allied race?

4 Likes

Are we going to get our old /whistle emote back?

What’s the plan on server merges? It’s incredibly hard to recruit for a guild on small servers, especially for mythic raids, especially on Alliance side, and unless you pay to transfer to a large pop server like many people are now doing, you are out of luck.

2 Likes

With the advent of NVDIA’s Ray-Tracing and DLSS technologies, and with AMD’s competing technologies presumably in the works, will we see Ray-Tracing or DLSS implemented in WoW in the near-far future?

when will we see some fury tuning? as far as i know fury hasnt been touched since BfA beta

they said updated models in 8.2.5

what is there to tune? it plays great and it feels great.

Don’t ask them to change something for the sake of change. They already do that enough every expansion.

When are you going to stop making issues out of ingame features that were working just fine before you removed or ‘fixed’ them?
NO hair flip!

1 Like

I play because it helps me deal with my anxiety. This time last year I would not have been able to make this post because I would have been too worried about people like you replying the way you did. But now after I hit send I will not think about you again.

11 Likes

8.1.5 Tools of the Trade bugs literally killed markets for months to go. Alchemy cauldrons and mass prospecting monelite that gave x200 more stuff (not sure if this is a bug) and the unnecessary extra disenchant mats from Iwen’s Rod created so much supply that its not even worth getting those markets as a goldmaker. Are there any plans to correct this in 8.2? Maybe create new mats or crafting items that can reset in some ways this damaged markets?

Well said and well done!
Flips hair AND oh SNAP

2 Likes

Do the Dev team think 4 raid modes is still a great idea with gear inflation? Wrath had a total of 76 ilvls over an entire expansion compared to Bfa with 2 raids released has 90 ilvls already.

Hey Ion, the Allied Races have been one of my personal favorite additions to WoW (Seriously, already 8 new races in one expansion? Amazing!) I know its greedy asking for more after just getting Kul’tirians and Zandalari, but will we be getting any juicy new information on whats next for Allied Races any time soon™? Perhaps revolving around a certain group of foxes in Vol’dun?… who can totally be Paladins known as dune drifters as a play on Sun Walkers…?Maybe with an interesting story behind it on how, after the Alliance invasion in 8.1 they sought out new power, learning from their Horde friends?A quest to goes over what it means to be a “Paladin” from each Horde races perspective as the Vulpera find their own path of paladinhood?M… Maybe?

22 Likes
  1. Mages are in a bad place right now. All 3 specs are among the worst in the game when it comes to dps performance in the current raid tier. They are consistently @ the bottom of the meters, and according to Warcraft Logs they are currently one of the worst classes in Dazar’Alor’s dps rankings. How do you plan to address this going forward for all 3 specs?
1 Like

Who cares. This is a developer Q&A not a story telling session.

This exact same thing was brought up on Beta and they removed a bunch of NPCs from areas specified.

No we cannot