Live Chat not available

So I noticed that live chat is suddenly not available normally it says hours. Is it down because of COVID I submitted a ticket late last night but was hoping to talk to a customer service rep since the turn around is over 2 days.

Live chat has limited hours currently due to the pandemic, so it’s available less than normal since everyone is working from home with limitations. If the issue isn’t of a personal nature maybe one of the regulars or an sfa could help if you post the problem.

2 Likes

It’s account based so would prefer to talk to blizzard rep. I realized it normally is limited yesterday and this morning it would say open 12 -3 PDT but now it is just saying unavailable period.

If your issue has anything to do with Actions taken against your account/Appeals, you’ll have to go through the ticket system, as Live Chat is not involved in that area.

oh no my account is in good standing.

I agree I would rather talk to someone as well. Was just charged for game time that’s supposed to be included on the shadow lands heroic edition. Why am I being billed for something that’s free.

I remember blizzard used to have a 1-800 when this game launched what happened to that

This thread is several months dead, and necroing things is bad. If you’ve got an issue, it’s best to start your own thread.

The number you could call was shut down long ago because people were abusing it with things that couldn’t/shouldn’t be handled in that fashion.

4 Likes

It was constantly clogged with people calling for issues that our Support Staff wasn’t able to assist with, including suggestions for the developers, bug reports and other feedback. The majority of players ended up playing the hang up and redial all day to try to get into the limited hold queue to then wait for 45-120 minutes in order to talk to someone.

Instead, we moved to a system that asks you specific questions in order to submit a ticket and direct your ticket to the staff that can possibly help. It provides the option for Live Chat or a callback option during the hours those options are available and if it is an issue that is for those channels.

From what I can see, Mentalimage, your subscription ran out and therefore was charged 4/29 at 00:25 UTC. You purchased the Shadowlands Epic edition 4/30 at 23:54 UTC.

The purchase of the game with game time doesn’t cancel the processing subscription charge. The additional game time from the Epic Edition you purchased will kick in when the current game time runs out.

10 Likes

Game time does not come with the Heroic edition. It only comes with the Epic edition.

Edit to say you meant epic. Info still good for others though.

So will live chat start again at some point?

It’s been up for limited time frames, try around noon pacific. You might get it but it also depends on what you need help with. If you don’t mind stating what the issue is, we might point out how to reach out.

4 Likes

Live chat is available for limited times during the day, and primarily for billing issues. If you’ve a problem, please feel free to start a new thread, as you’ve necro’d this one. You’ve got plenty of people who will be happy to help or at the very least point you in the right direction to remedy whatever your issue may be.

3 Likes

Going to go ahead and lock this topic since it’s been resurrected multiple times after months of inactivity. Please be mindful of the age of a topic when adding to it. It may be more appropriate to create your own topic.

3 Likes