Literally 3/4 players want LFD

Let me ask you this. Why would someone against LFD go out of their way to participate in these polls, watch videos against it, ETC? If LFD was staying in, players against it would be vocal on the forums. They’re not being vocal because they don’t have to. Its disingenuous to say nobody wants LFD to be removed just because they aren’t screaming and crying on the forums

1 Like

Naw.

I’m all for LFD, but I don’t upvote hyperbolic garbage that hurts the cause.

3 Likes

I mean yes… but also no. It shouldnt be expected to rely on max level players to carry you through low level dungeons. I think being able to do those dungeons with a level appropriate group is more healthy even if it us with randoms you likely wont see again. This is doubly true for new players who need to learn how to play their class in a group environment. Odds are many wont even see a dungeon until 70+ when wotlk launches, making them woefully under-prepared to handle their now filled spell books and talent trees.

I also value my guildies time as they are generally trying to be productive to meet their own personal goals. Asking them to set aside time to help me with no real benefit to themselves doesnt leave the best taste in your mouth (though i have done it from time to time).

4 Likes

I hope it stays out, nothing better for a tank than a system that lets me gouge players for my service. Thank you blizzard for this wonderful opportunity to make gold.

I want it removed, gimme that gold/items to tank for you

I meant have them run it with you with level appropriate toons. Not sure why the carry comment. I abhor boosts and carries of all kinds.

But this is where we run into a fundamental issue with classic. The 1-60 population is ALWAYS getting smaller.

I will use myself as an example here. In vanilla, I had 4 toons at level 60, 3 more all around 40+. Come TBC I leveled those 4 characters to 70 before i even touched those other low level characters. I Now have 5 70s and 2 60+. But it wasnt until phase 4 that i even could get around to leveling those other low levelled toons. This means it is now phase 5 and i have barely had ANY interaction with with the 1-60 leveling experience. With my bank toons holding out the final slots on my server, i am at character cap for my realm… which means i couldnt even MAKE a character to help guildies leveling characters even if i wanted to.

I am betting thay this will be the case for MANY people moving into wotlk. And then, compounding the problem, new players will likely be starting AT 70 due to the paid boost. Leaving the wotlk 1-69 population even further diminished.

You see how this is an ever increasing problem as both the expansions progress and rhe playerbase matures. Not having some kind of cross realm support for the 1-69 leveling bracket just makes alt leveling horrible and forever just makes people see AFK dungeon boosting as the solution to cthe problem. Do i think that RDF is the only solution to this problem… not at all, but other solutions require a lot of thought, testing and overhaul of pre-existing systems. Whereas RDF gets 90% there just using the original system.

1 Like

Idk why you bring this up considering LFD is part of Wrath, whether you guys like it or not

3 Likes

Because the Anti RDF people are Trolls, they don’t have any actual points, and they hide behind the “Muh Community” false narrative.

I’ve attempted on multiple occasions to have conversations iwth these people, they don’t have points, they don’t have anything to fall back on, they just want things to be difficult for people “Just because” and use community as a shield, despite openly admitting that they don’t engage with the community outside of their own guilds / cliques.

it’s all performance outrage over nothing. They just want to make the game worse for others. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

It really does seem like that at times. I’ve engaged with several of them who seem to mean well but I just can’t wrap my head around the cognitive dissonance.

Yeah youre all victims.

Whatever helps get you through these difficult times.

I think some of them genuinely have a playstyle that works fine without LFD, like great you play during primetime on a decent sized realm as an in demand class, great. But can’t comprehend that a lot of other people just don’t.

Most of them are just trolling though.

6 Likes

The devs explained it to you already. There’s really no excuse for your ignorance. You just simply refuse to believe it. So what?

World of Warcraft was a better business and MMORPG when it was a casual MMO where a large percentage of players didnt do all the content as opposed to when it transitioned into a casual MMORPG where most players could do most, if not all of the content. LFD falls into one of those camps and its not the classic one.

1 Like

I mean WoW’s popularity went up as they made it more and more accessible(and vanilla was launched on the basis of being the casual friendly MMO) culminating in wrath. It took its first big hits in Cata when they tried to make it exclusive again.

8 Likes

The same Dev’s that can’t made retail better, we should trust with LK ya great logic… they also explained borrowed powers and “you think you do but don’t” … those the Dev’s we’re supposed to believe… :thinking:

Yeah, which boggles my mind. I’ve been in a great guild before where people were always online and organizing dungeons. Things change, people move on and trying to find another guild like that takes time and work. And there’s no guarantee that there’s a guild like that on my server.

After a long day of being paid to be nice to people and solve their problems I’m not always in the mood to negotiate my role in a normal dungeon. I don’t care if your BIS item drops, if you want me to tank it’s MS>OS no reserves and sometimes I’m just not in the mood to argue about it. I can go make rogues cry in Arathi Basin with little effort.

Polly want a cracker? Thanks for this oft parroted response but the implication is that the players know better and if thats the case you want to make go ahead and make it then.

They were right about this too.

As the saying goes, you dont know what you got until its gone. Both Blizzard and players are in the same boat but occupy it for entirely different reasons.

Someone disagrees with me… “uhh they must be a troll”. Lmao. Ok. There is no LFD in wrath. The end. If you can’t play without LFD… quit, you won’t. That’s the end of the argument.

2 Likes

Well the answer is so simple a Parrot would have thought of it sorry you couldn’t…

The answer is there is no LFD in wrath. LFD is garbage and it’s being taken out. You can leave. The end.

3 Likes