Linux support for wow

I dont “hate” Microsoft honestly its a good os…the problem with it, it calls home, and is just to noisy imo. Linux honestly there is hardly any tinkering with it once it setup…minus gentoo or Vanilla arch…

Take for instance Ubuntu or mint…linux distros
It takes about 5 to 7 minutes to install the os…try doing a fresh install of windows 10 in 5 to 7 minutes…

Updates is also night and day…30 secs to 2 minutes tops unless you upgradeing the distro…then you looking at 10 minutes if that
Then the security of linux desktop to windows 10 no contest…i dont run an antivirus in linux no need…

There is less tinkering with linux then there is windows…if you dont want to you never have to use the terminal if you dont want to…like i said this is not 1998 anymore linux has evolved 100 fold…

2 Likes

You took the words out of my mouth…

1 Like

There were a few on this very thread that show Microsoft hatred.

And so…the hate Microsoft… what does it matter? I hate mac os does that mean i am an evil person?

2 Likes

Why would those that write malware write anything that a small population uses? Windows has lots of malware, because it’s the most popular OS.

Also, I’m done with an OS that’s a command line interface to run programs, because I did that with MS DOS, and CP/M-80. Yes, Windows has a command line interface, but it’s only used when something must bet diagnosed. GUI’s FTW!

It can’t not be true until they do it.

No, it has the most security issues. Easy to hack

Actually linux is the most used os… 90% of servers… and everything from your smart fridge to your dishwasher…and the dod uses it in the sub fleet. …

Now can linux get viruses yep…but its harder to infect a linux machine then windows for the simple reason you have to give it permission to…any time you have to install a program you have to give it permission…just browseing on the net you cant get infected it just how linux works…

1 Like

Active directory uses Kerbos, which is very secure password management. You’re spewing typical Microsoft hatred Windows BAD - Linux GOOD propaganda.

Thats funny

That’s not how businesses work my dude.

And your the one complaining about people on this forum posting hatred on Microsoft and you doing the same with linux…pot meet kettle…

What have i wrote or anyone eles wrote thats Untrue or " Propaganda" unless your trolling…

1 Like

Also, most Windows personal PC’s are run with admin accounts, so why don’t you have 2 accounts, one for normal use, and one for installation, since a good security rule is to only use the admin one when its actually needed. If you’re still paranoid, the make a virtual Windows machine, backup that clean system image, and only allow the virtual machine internet access. After you’re done on the internet, restore the virtual machine with the clean image.

Read between the lines, just saying, but since I noticed that, you say I’m trolling? I wonder, do you study Greek phylosophy, since it seems that you like Hippocrates.

Windows is the same way, depending on ACL’s and permissions.

More work then has to be done…linux is actually more noob friendly then windows in that regard…my mom who is in her 80’s got a viurs just by opening and email…so i got sick of it installed mint most windows like linux distro imo…

And my phone calls asking me about windows is doing this windows is doing that…can i click this…

To nothing with mint and…she is happy with it of course she mainly Browses the Internet and checks email and prints stuff off…

1 Like

No its not…but ok

Your sainted mom did not follow the basic rule in security to not open something that they don’t know where its from.

Also, I’m liking PC matic’s malware protection simple because instead of blacklisting everything, and relying upon constant definitions updates, it whitelists what’s supposed to be on your system, which seems to make more sense.

And you dont have to worry about that in linux…hence its more noob and elderly friendly…in that regard…

We will have to agree to disagree have a nice morning

1 Like

Oh, so I can’t make an admin account, and an everyday account with only basic pivelages?

With each reply, you’re demonstrating you blatant Microsoft hatred, so there’s no further responses from me anymore. Good day.