Limited amount of forum reports per 24hr?

This was never a thing before and it makes zero sense for it to be a thing to prevent someone from reporting posts that are clearly breaking the forum guidelines.

6 Likes

Since I have come back to WoW, which was like a whole five minutes ago in retrospect; I have seen this over and over with new content, gameplay, pvp, etc etc.

My hypocrisy only goes so far. So many things about WoW / Blizzard / etc just leave me scratching my head.

Having limited reports now forces us to consider what we are reporting for.

In the past, unlimited reports allowed people to report anything. Not liking the person. Unpopular opinion. SJW, shill, fanboy. Not liking the tone. No liking the presentation.

With a whole lot of reports being for things that are not violations, it lead to a lot of unnecessary work for the moderators.

With limited reports, we now have to be judicious with how we use them. Save them for when it’s truly appropriate.

14 Likes

It’s truly appropriate, as stated previously if you reported people falsely Blizzard was supposed to action you for doing so. Changing a system to prevent someone from reporting at all simply as a result of Blizzard not doing what they should have already been doing seems silly. I can literally no longer report any post, even if it was a RL threat. Have to wait 23 hours for it.

If these forums had their rules more regularly enforced and everyone abided by the rules it wouldn’t be a problem, but they don’t. See this thread. Update on Asmongold? - #64 by Pharsalus-thorium-brotherhood and why there’s a lot more reports needed.

(By the way, you see someone who is a frequent ‘customer support volunteer’ there breaking the forum rules.)

7 Likes

From a oldReturning player; I agree! And I’ve been silenced already, so… Yeah.

I saw two CSF regulars posting there not against the Forum CoC, but actually informing others about the CoC and to not dismiss posts due to posting character level. How does that violate the rules?

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m allowed to give their name, or link their posts directly; sorry. But the one I’m talking about most definitely is. Calling people names among other things.

2 Likes

That’s not a black and white situation. If someone is repetitively using the report system to harass another, independent of there being violations, then there could be grounds for some kind of discipline. However, when people simply don’t understand or have personal interpretations of what is a violation, it’s not likely that they are going to be actioned.

Again, it goes back to being judicious. Could there be more flags per person? Of course; it’s just code. But the Support forums aren’t for feedback or suggestions. Currently, the GD is where the web teams are collecting those sort of things.

There are other avenues for real life threats besides the flagging system.

For the Asmon thread, if the whole thread is a disaster, then you need only report the OP, which in this case has been done so many times, the OP has been hidden. No more reports are really needed there.

5 Likes

You don’t… report the OP if a bunch of people in the thread are causing problems. That’s not how that works, you don’t report a random bystander when someone else is the one that commited the crime you’re trying to report.

3 Likes

Well, you’re not reporting anything at all by posting here. If you’d like to see an increase in the number of flags you can make in a day, then you’ll want to post constructively in the General forums.

If you’ve run out (something that’s never happened to me since the new forums went live), then perhaps re-consider holding off for using them when you really need them.

Also, keep in mind that other players are also making reports that you don’t see. You don’t have to be the one to report everything.

5 Likes

You can ticket for forum silences.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/665/1032/channels

I did run out, it tells me I have to wait 23 hours to report another post. It’s a customer support issue as a result of it effecting my ability to use the forums and take action against those breaking said forum rules; and yes I do because I already know reports work in the way of 1 report often does nothing but more and more of them will actually get an action taken.

It also doesn’t give me any other avenue to report someone from the forums when I run out of their random amount they give out.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did. Though it’s *after the fact?
So I don’t know… I just took it and scratched my head.

It’s feedback about the design of the forums, Rosefina. As I explained above, the Support forums are not for feedback, suggestions, etc. It is not anything that Customer Support deals with. The only place your concerns belong is in the GD where the web teams are collecting feedback and suggestions.

When the OP is something that is a violation and the thread devolves due to it, it’s absolutely appropriate to report it through a single report of the OP. Doing any more within the thread is only wasting flags.

That’s point of being judicious. And what make you think it’s random?

3 Likes

Amileiah,

You were silenced in-game for highly inappropriate language. Your argument that “other people do it” isn’t going to work out for you. You then took to the forums to discuss what you felt was an unfair silence, which is a violation of the forum code of conduct so you were penalized for that as well - specifically discussing disciplinary actions. You were sent an email to notify you of such.

I’m clarifying this for you here and now in hopes that it will help you avoid future issues on the forums or in-game.

As for the original purpose of this thread, the reasons for the limit have been outlined fairly well by the regulars here. I can understand that some may not agree with the stance but having launched these new boards across multiple games, we have a pretty good picture of how the features are being used. While we do not currently have plans to change our approach to these limits, we continue to monitor how the forums are being utilized and will evaluate changes as needed. They do increase with trust levels though, but even our MVPs have limits.

10 Likes

I disagree, because then those that broke the forum guidelines in said thread are not actioned and the thread alone just gets removed and the behavior isn’t resolved.

I didn’t ask for more ‘flags’, I questioned a decision that greatly effects every customer that posts on these forums and explained why that is an issue that is currently effecting me and posted here in hopes of a resolution to said issue.

3 Likes

I’m confused.

Am I allowed to reply to this or is this thread now closed? And what happened to my other post? See. This is what I mean.

1 Like

Your other post was discussing disciplinary actions. As that is a code of conduct violation, I removed it. I am letting you know that it is not appropriate and to avoid further forum penalties you should refrain from doing so.

3 Likes

You aren’t privy to what happens during moderation. I’ve had blues comment that they’ve put the time into parsing though disaster threads and deal with the participants, not the just OP.

That is not how you presented it. You title asked the question “LIMITED AMOUNT OF FORUM REPORTS PER 24HR?”, followed by you criticizing the system that you don’t have enough flags to report who you want. What resolution were you seeking if not more chances to report?

And again, you provide suggestions/feedback, in the proper location, and move on. There’s no posting for immediate resolution in a suggestion/feedback system.

9 Likes

Welp, you can see my accnt activity and recent transactions, etc etc. So you can see, I’ve been here(back) for a whole five minutes. And my recent experience sucks. The customer support is null, or it’s 6hrs away. The playerbase is …vastly different. The gameplay is like; what the heck is azurite? And where am I supposed to learn this said new stuff.

The ToS violations that I see, in Trade Channels, Forum Threads, w/e is repulsive. And yet, when the newkid comes out and starts speaking on it. All the sudden he’s slapped in the face with a silence, and a “no contest” it just is.

Okay… Not exactly sure what I got into here, though I can say it’s kind of something like a Nightmare. I mean, The OP is basically asking the most reasonable question; “Why am I only allowed to dial 911 for life/death not a parking violation?”

Black and white to me.

1 Like