Limit the amount of people that can q random bgs together

It’s splitting the queues in the face of a reduced population. I only solo queue and don’t want to do that, even if it does limit my time it’s best for the game.

It would be nice to test your theory and if I’m wrong I’m wrong and if I’m right I’m right. It would probably lead to an influx of new Pvp’rs now that casual players who log on for an hour or two to enjoy a few games don’t have to face premades on discord.

I would love to see it tested and the results. But again people like Mithril will whine and complain to avoid it.

Lol no one is scared my dude.

For the record I do solo que random bgs a lot too, I just also que them in groups sometimes with my friends/guildies. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Why do you think que times is not a valid reason? You’ve seen all the complaints about solo que times. If they split random bg ques into smaller groups it would necessarily increase que times.

If it would be possible to separate them and keep que times equal sure add in a solo only version of bgs. Totally fine. But we have to tangle with reality here, and the reality is splitting up an already minority percentage of the playerbase probably wouldn’t be a good thing overall.

See above.

Sure if they wanna test it by all means add it on PTR.

As I’ve said already and you keep ignoring in order to prop up your strawman of me, I would have zero issue with a solo que option as long as it didn’t make ques super long. I don’t see how it would be possible to separate ques without increasing times, but if they wanna try it go for it.

The queue system could be improved. yes. How much trouble are you really having? I usually get my daily wins in 1-2 on both factions (one on each). If you mean under 70 then I have seen some power differentials but when I leveled my horde hpal I came out with a 58% win in their pre 70 honor set grind though I ran some epics because I kept changing my spec around. My prevoker I had 6 pve pieces (including weapon) and the cradted set at 70 and they geared easily. There may be problems in the future but I’m not seeing them now. A lot can happen, we can revisit this topic if it becomes more of an issue in the future.

Under 70 premades happen with party syncers wanting easy wins.

At 70 premades want easy wins. I can see your point with queue times but I don’t think PTR is a good indication of whether something works considering blizzards history of keeping stuff in the game that needs to be removed/fixed and removing stuff that should be kept in.

I just noticed you’ve probably BGd your way to 60. I wanted to show you my monk, I’d have to agree it’s pretty bad. When you get to 70 it’s a lot more even, if you haven’t leveled yet. I bet it was pretty frustrating, I’ve pretty much decided I’d rather heal dungeons than BGs for a couple of brackets and I’ll try again.

Correct. Most of my characters are levelled via BGs. So I see it all, premades, party syncers, XP exploit twinks and fotm rerolls.

Party syncers seem to be the worst because they get access to abilities and are easily set up no matter the gear level of that player syncing.

I remember getting rained from above when I was leveling my hunter. I couldn’t really do much but take it and he did kill me a couple of times but by the end I had a lot more damage and kills. A lot of people are reporting issues with the sync templates now, I only ran the one on tess this xpac to see what’s happening with scaling but I’ve done a lot of 61-69. I am 0-3 currently on my mm but I’m not at all bothered by his performance aside from my turtle macro which was broken. My horde alt was fine, I need to revisit but I’ve been sickly the last couple of days and didn’t feel like doing much BG.

Splitting the queues in the way that we currently have them makes me nervous as well. Just look at what Solo Shuffle has done to 2v2 and 3v3 participation.

The easier solution, which would also help with the premade problem, would be to remove factions in battlegrounds. That way, these players who try to abuse the 5-man restriction will not be able to tell when they are paired together, or separate. It will also improve queue times drastically, by having a larger pool to pull from.

2 Likes

Been saying this for a long time. They could just remove faction restrictions on teams and healers so they can make better matches. Breaking up countdown queues, that’d be a bonus.

I called you pretentious but that was unnecessary. I apologize.

What blue posts? The 2012 response to oqueue and full premades entering bgs?

I asked about twinks and full premades in classic, because despite people loving the #nochanges concept, there were plenty of changes. And in the last 18 months blue posts on full premades in bc and twinks in xp on bgs in wrath.

If those things had been sooooooo bad over the last 10+ years since the one blue post that’s being used (again, about a specific usage of FULL PREMADES TO FARM HONOR most of which was AV), why would they allow those things in the new iterations of classic?

And since 2012 and the change of full premades - they’ve implemented a group finder for premades, as well as communities for people to join that they can use!

Interestingly, in 10 minutes looking for blue posts, this came in 2018 (6 years after the oqueue one):

https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/20766786849-why-is-the-bg-section-of-pvp-premade-empty/

Blue says:

“I feel a lot of players are forming premades through their communities. Perhaps give that a try.”

:thinking:

There’s been years and years of changes they could make to 2-5 players being able to queue, yet they don’t. They have done same faction bgs in classic, merc mode, the reimplementation of twinks (in legion and in wrath classic) and at this point it’s a matter of time before we can queue mixed faction bgs.

Will they one day say “no premades in random bgs”? They could. Absolutely. It just doesn’t seem like they have a reason to despite the handful of people who come to forums to complain about them.

More players have gotten combatant - the lowest possible ranked pvp achieve - in this season then the entirety is sl s2, 3, and 4.

That’s just using achievements. 2v2 and 3v3 is definitely less now, but rss has boosted a ton of population in pvp.

The game itself also has a dwindling pop and a lot of people who left after the debacle of bfa shadowlands lost faith and haven’t returned.

1 Like

You are correct. I’m sorry for being disingenuous myself but I was fully aware of that post in my findings too. There are blues posts that support the narrative from both sides. I’m glad that you found it and I respect you for putting in the effort.

The #nochanges movement was a very, very slippery slope. BC, and the following WoTLK had a dwindling player base and I’m sure it was because of the changes that were made.

Also, we saw a mass migration of twinks and former twinks who went to Classic just to relive the old days. For a time it was great, being a part of the xpoff forums myself it was a great time to be around. I think that by allowing twinks in classic Blizz was able to grab two demographics for more revenue. The twinkling crowd, who left during the BFA changes returned and they secured the revenue from the crowd that demanded no changes.

Blizz has the stats and customer retention is everything. It’s doesn’t need to be millions of players, but what if over the course of the past few years they’ve had thousand of complaints about premades? We have evidence with the twinking crowd as an example that Blizzard tries their best to appease both sides.

We also have evidence that Blizzard will bend over backwards to please the masses. Just look at all the changes (mostly bad changes) that have been done to please and hold on to them. The real question is, which group is larger? Are there more people who are playing in premade groups? Or are there more people who are playing Solo?

If the solo group is larger, which is evident by the solo shuffle queue. then as I’ve said before… The writing is on the wall.

What challenge? You’re some random level 60 with no achieves or titles to your name crying about random bgs lmao.

I’m banking on rated solo bgs by end of xpac.

The rss data shows people like the format, and RBGs are and mostly always have been pretty dead.

If they added duo or trio queueing in that it’d be great.

The problem is there’s no casual place for people to play with friends. RBGs are ten, take forever, and I don’t really want to be in voice with a bunch of randoms.

When one or two of my friends are on, it’s nice to have something to do. Double dps 2s suck now too.

If anything, I think we would get a rated solo BG queue long before they split nonrated queues up even more. The population of people queueing is already small.

But say we do get this solo queue, what will you blame next for your losses?

The time to do this is long overdue.

^This important context to that quote, because this exactly what they were referring to. I was there, I SEEN it. Oqueue was so popular and had such an impact on the pvp scene that Blizzard was forced to engage with the pvp community.

Five man groups being allowed to queue into randoms isn’t going anywhere.

Most of them have not hit anywhere close to giga energy let alone Chad or emperor energy so I’m not worried. What separates characters like Vader and gigachad and Superman is that they are just so powerful that they get stuff done even if other people are weighing them down and they are even stronger for it

1 Like

I would be all for premades in a rated queue format. I have the same situation. Of my core group that used to play, very few of us remain. We can usually get 2-4 of us together for some games, but we don’t have enough to play in rated battegrounds. I also believe that RBGS should be 6v6, and include the smaller battlegrounds.

If we can queue as a 3-person group, and get paired with others who are actually going to take the game seriously, then that sounds like a dream come true.

The players fighting in the roads, obviously.

But in all seriousness, I don’t pretend to be a great player. I’m middle of the road at best. My reaction time in recent years has gotten worse, and while I used to be able to interrupt the quickest spells, now I’m finding myself hitting that button a little too late, just barely missing that potion or lock rock, or not hitting my defensive fast enough.

These things are ok, and these are the reasons that I’ll never be a great player. I’m just not good enough. When I play with friends my win rate increases. It’s a lot easier when we have discord as our main source of communication. What I want from a solo queue is a personal responsibility. If I lose in a solo queue it’s because I’m failing.

2 Likes

Then you should have no problem beating me but all your doing is laying a challenge down and not backing that claim up. Tell you what. Ill add you as a btag friend and we can jam a game together and lets see who comes out on top.

Or you can do exactly what I think your going to do and ignore / QQ / make up an excuse.