Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves are kind of a problem…

Now you’re switching topics. You said there was literally no lore for “Magic is channeled through bodies” and I gave you the examples. I wasn’t talking about any explosions now.

That’s categorically not what I said.

I said

Which is still the case.

Then you’re the one switching topics, because that’s the crux of your complaint.

Just stop. No races are getting renamed, replaced, deleted, or merged no matter how many times you make this exact same thread, with the exact same type of suggestion, because you think the devs are listening and would be willing to put in the work for something that pleases a minority and alienates everyone else.

The mold was broken in vanilla with the Forsaken for thematic problems.

1 Like

posting in a high elf thread.

nice try.

high elves are horde, they live in the high elf city full of high elf history and high elf architecture, doing high elf stuff like puffing on their high elf pipes.

3 Likes

Cite your source in APA format, please.

1 Like

We aren’t High Elves.

We are Ren’dorei!

We’re Blood Elves

High Elves are the ones who were too obsessed with humans that they decided to abandon their people, their history and their pride. Very different

1 Like

And there it is.

No

/end thread

6 Likes

Bruh, just play the damn game man.

1 Like

Personally my issue with the Allied races are in some cases. Like Void Elves and Nightborne it was clearly to give the opposing factions more options. A Alliance version of Blood Elves and the Horde a version of Night Elves.

But where’s my Horde Spacegoats? I wanna make a Drenai without having to be Alliance.

We’re really at a point where they just need to let players choose their faction at character creation.

2 Likes

I wish.
I want an alliance vulpera

2 Likes

THIS!!! 100%. One of the many reasons I have a huge problem with Draeni getting the Red Skin. They arent Demons!!! Eredar back in Argus infused themselves with Demon Blood. Hence why Kil Jaedon is who he is. BLASPHEMOUS! lol.

Also Highbourne Elves were why the Well of Eternity was corrupted. Ashara, Kael’thas all High Elves. They hated the Humans so bad, they literally let their hate call upon the Legion. 10,000 years ago in WoW Lore.

Same. And I have almost no horde toimons byt my Belf.

I say exterminate the all the elves, thats just me though

1 Like

All elf models replaced by MOP era puntable marmots, complete with sound effects.

For the record, I’m not knocking the quality of either race. Even though I wish Lightforged got a genuinely onyx-black skintone (I think it would look great with their yellow accents), I actually think they got some good customization options.

The problem is that they are very SPECIFICALLY “Light” and “Void” themed, respectively.

Those are cool themes, but they don’t gel with every class. Which is obviously what Blizzard is working towards. So I’m trying to offer feedback on how to make that possible, without completely trampling over the lore.

In the Lightforged Draenei’s case, they aren’t visually or thematically all that different from the core Draenei anyways. The Draenei were already a Light-worshipping race and culture, so the Lightforged are essentially just “a little more devout”. That’s not super interesting, even as cool as the options look. And again, it absolutely does not gel with the idea of Warlocks, or even Death Knights or eventually Demon Hunters.

“Eredar” or “Broken”, on the other hand, I think work perfectly. The Eredar would be the easier of the two to implement, and I’d personally gravitate towards them more. They would obviously look very similar, but a little more “demonic” than the Draenei, which gives them a more interesting thematic counterpart. We’ve even encountered a rare few Eredar NPC’s who were willing to aid players during Legion. While also a bit hard to fathom, it could still stand to reason that an Eredar who recently joined the Draenei brethren in the Alliance might take up learning to become the likes of Paladins or Priests.

“Broken” would probably be more work, but also make sense, and I know a lot of players would dig them. They would certainly stand out more, they’ve also had a presence in Warcraft for a fairly long time, and also fit the idea of any class working pretty well. Don’t necessarily know if they would be my first pick, but again, I think they’d still be a great fit.

Again, I don’t dislike the Lightforged Draenei. I simply recognize that being “Lightforged” quite literally means being infused with Holy magic, which just doesn’t jibe with every class. I like their options, I’m all for rolling those into the base Draenei (or even reusing their forehead/horn styles for the Eredar, since they do look a little more “demonic”).

Void Elves, I don’t necessarily have that much to change, more just the name itself, and maybe the implication that they are already consumed by the Void, as opposed to maybe making it a bit more vague.

I could totally see having a group of High Elf Paladins that have spent just enough time around Alleria to start hearing faint whispers. But that’s quite a lot different than “my body is already infused with the Void, but I’m a Paladin, so my body is infused with the Light”. Those things are not compatible (and again, Priests are different in that they command powers of Light or Void, Paladins literally infuse their body with Holy magic).

No, they are not.

4 Likes