LGBTQ+ Pride Month Micro Holiday?

I wouldn’t so much want a wedding holiday as what people could do in FF14 and host in game weddings.

2 Likes

“I was referring to celebrating the Wedding Anniversary, of the Stag and Unicorn Couple in Arden. But in game Weddings would be fun too.”
/grin

Ideas like that where members of the lgbt community make their own holidays for stuff that matters to them is cool . I would say the same for any group that wants to do something similar. Who knows maybe over time Blizz will recognize the event like they do the annual running of the gnomes . Which i believe was started to help some charity.

4 Likes

“The Running Of The Gnomes is exactly what gave me the idea in the first place.”
/grin

How does it go . Be the change you desire don’t have someone else (Blizz) be the change for you.

I’m all for characters being added in that are LGBT as long as they are story driven . Other stuff like holidays , guilds , communities etcetera need to come from the LGBT community itself . You are all better at coming up with ideas to represent yourselves or to make guilds and community groups that you could moderate way better then Blizz ever could . They can barely moderate this place or trade chat.

2 Likes

“I agree fully.”
/smile

It’s 2021 and LGBT holidays are just too discriminatory against straight people to make sense anymore. The celebration of love and couples equally is and always will be February 14th. Someone else beat you to that month tho.

1 Like

Why is there a whole month for pride? At first it was a day, then it was a week, and now it’s a month.

Soon we’ll just have pride all day all year

“I don’t know. But it is now Pride Month. I doubt it will get any bigger, as month long is all they ever are.”

Every day is already a holiday.

No day is special anymore.

Just pick a day for your holiday and you can be unspecial with every other holiday.

1 Like

People that reply serious post with meme video are the worst.

2 Likes

Did you guys know that April is international enhancement shaman month?

We do fun stuff like B.A.S.E. Jumping without gliders then ankh at the bottom.
Also making totem mazes. Like a corn maze but with totems.

1 Like

I mean why not?

1 Like

Liar.
You upvote posts like this:

So you aren’t here to see what’s up you’re here to try (but fail) at gatekeeping LGBT+ content. The President of Blizzard wears pro LGBT+ shirts dude, you lost this one brah just take the L and move on

i also liked some peoples posts who supports The idea
but i guess you are just pickin any reason to have a argument.

So yer argument is also flawed and unworthy of engagement
have a nice day.

8 Likes

It seems like blizz is deleting posts in thus thread that disagrees with this idea, even on a morality basis (a segment of gamers should not be treated any more special then the rest). If we get this holiday, to make things right we need to add holidays for EVERY real life nationality, EVERY real life religion, and holidays for EVERY real life nation. This is a slippery slope that should not be explored.

Also betting this post will be deleted as a threat or ‘detracting to this thread.’

2 Likes

I strongly agree that mini-events during pride month could be really cool and fun, and on Proudmoore-US several guilds have cool in-game events to commemorate the month.

However, I don’t think that Blizzard is the best organization to design those events, and I prefer home-grown solutions. I just don’t trust Blizzard’s approach to playerbase diversity to get it right.

5 Likes

it will be, mine which said about the same thing was flagged almost immediately

Talonel, right now, I think the best course of action is to take this idea, and do something with it in the game. Something like this won’t become a micro holiday just because you asked for it, but if you were able to get a big following and make something like this fun, fresh and an overall good memory, I don’t see why it couldn’t become what you’re looking for.

The run of the gnomes was started as a player event, but became popular enough that Blizzard took it in.

I get that it may take time to do and that getting a following may be difficult, but I believe this could potentially become the next popular micro holiday.

Just my 2 cents.

5 Likes

We all know if the game has a LGBTQ+ agenda, it won’t make into China.