LGBTQ+ Pride Month Micro Holiday?

We need more diversity…

2 Likes

im not that good of a cook
D:

3 Likes

The only difference is, straight people are welcomed to the gay parade.

2 Likes

I never said he was a troll I said he was full of BS & that’s because I’m suspicious. Sorry, but as I pointed out, over the past few years we had a lot of threads about this topic & it’s was clear the OP’s were just doing it to cause drama.

I stated in the post that you replied to that I support the idea. I have stated multiple times in different threads that I support the idea & that I support LGBT rights, the inclusion of LGBT characters in this game & want people in that community to be treated fairly & equally without any sort of hate aimed towards them. The problem which I’ve mentioned more than once now, that over the last few years there’s been a bunch of threads about this topic where the OP’s were just doing it to cause drama & I’m not making that up. If this OP is being genuine then good, I’m happy & glad & support them, but because of what’s happened in the past here I’m going to be suspicious unless of course it’s 1 of several LGBT people who regularly post here because I know how passionate they are about the subject.

Have you ever thought that maybe the community is the one to blame for causing drama? Anyone is allowed to post on here and provide feedback or ask questions. If he’s not breaking TOS (Which he’s not), he’s free to post whatever whenever. If you think he’s trolling you can ignore and move on. Instead, people can’t help themselves by being hateful and calling others names just because they don’t agree with them.

3 Likes

So like OP when he spammed lgbt threads a few months ago and proceeded to argue and name call everyone for so much as not agreeing with him?

2 Likes

Oh believe me, I do know that the community is to blame for it because iirc there’s been people banned for how they were acting in the past threads. I know he’s not breaking the ToS because it is about the game & totally agree that this should be a civil conversation, but sadly it’s not & even sadder I don’t think it ever will be. I’ve already stated why I’m suspicious & maybe I shouldn’t be, but it really is hard to tell if some one is being genuine.

I’m not going to ignore it because I like reading the discussion & different point of views.

1 Like

Again, just as I said before, you are free to ignore and move on. If you really think they are trolling, why are you responding to them? Why not just not respond if it’s THAT big of a deal? Why are you bumping up his threads? More importantly, why do you care? Imagine taking the forums so seriously :rofl: :joy:.

1 Like

Well i came here too see what’s up.
And i am having a good time.
So, nope, i am just reminding folks, too take what op says with a grain of salt.

:salt:

4 Likes

I’m going to go with the poster. They constantly make these threads some times multiple ones in a short time span (within a week or 2) .They call anyone that doesn’t 100% agree with what they say as homophobic even members of the LGBT community .

A lot of us don’t care if stuff is added and it is being added slowly over time .>This expansion is proof of that and most likely more will be naturally added to the game but the OP’s way will just lead to tokenism and stereotypes being added.

3 Likes

Hey you forgot Theotar.

It may not be implied but I can see it possibly being so .

1 Like

Ah ok, I never looked at all his other posts around the forums. I like his idea though, but if he’s spamming threads about a sensitive subject just to troll, then that’s not cool.

2 Likes

My problem with a Pride month micro holiday is game is this. Azeroth is not earth! there’s no pride month, week, day, minute, second in Azeroth. In Azeroth homaphobia does not exist. All love is considered equal, be it two men, two woman, Man and woman, bi, trans, All of it is equal. I do not see Blizzard creating a special pride sanctioned holiday in a world where Homaphobia does not exist. Sorry but I prefer Azeroth to be Azeroth. it is the players who bring Homaphobia into the game where it does not exist otherwise. It is the players who should create their own holidays if the wish to celebrate who they are. Don’t ask Blizzard to change how Azeroth works, don’t bring Homaphobia to a place that it doesn’t exist.

7 Likes

“This is why I suggested we just create a Wedding Anniversary Holiday, for the couple in Arden. All we would need is a date they got married. It’s simple. The foundation is already in place. All we need is a Date, to celebrate on.”

3 Likes

I don’t mean to be rude, but why is it that their Marriage deserves a special holiday, when no other Marriage in the game does. As there is no Homaphobia in Azeroth, we wouldn’t be celebrating that they are two men who love each other. So what is it about them that we would be celebrating that makes them special above all other couples and deserving of their own special day in the game?

2 Likes

“It wouldn’t be a celebration of their gayness, just a Wedding Anniversary. People are free to celebrate Thrall’s if they want to, as well. It’s just something, already in game, that can help create a Holiday for them all. A compromise.”

Make up a date . No telling how long they have been dead and in Arden Weald . Or if you have an idea when you did the initial Quest with them use that date .

1 Like

“I haven’t gotten to that part yet, still building up to it. But I will keep an eye out for just that, now that you have mentioned it.”
/smile

I don’t recall there being a date, but don’t want to say any thing because the person you replied to hasn’t completed that part yet.

1 Like

“I appreciate that, thank you. And feel free to just call me Cyndi. All my friends do.”
/smile

“I was thinking, that we could pick a date, during Pride Month, and the people interested could form their own annual parties. We wouldn’t even need an ‘official holiday’ from Blizz. We could just have fun with it. What do you think?”
/smile

3 Likes