LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

My opinion is that you are anti-LGBT because you continue to say the anti-LGBT “stunning and brave” meme and keep accusing LGBT people of having a victim complex which is a common anti-LGBT talking point.

1 Like

Huh, that’s an interesting take. Even though all I’ve written up to this point is positive and uplifting text… you’re misconstruing it as negativity…?

Interesting. Anyways, I just wanted to come in and show my support to all my LGBTQ+ friends and say, keep being stunning and brave! I love and support you all!

:slight_smile:

Actually, if any of this were true, you would have stopped out of consideration for those hearing your words. By selfishly continuing to use the phrase you betray your intent. Or at best your monumental tone deafness in reading the room.

5 Likes

As a member of the LGBTQ+ I will not let people’s opinions of me stop me from being who I am or say how I feel.

My feelings and opinions are valid. If I choose to antiquate the sentiment that being “stunning and brave” is an anti-LGBTQ+ slur, then I reserve the right to do so. I am taking back the phrase for the good of our cause.

You guys should really consider not being so toxic and negative. However, me considering you to be toxic and negative is just my opinion. That’s just how I see it, because nothing I’ve written is inherently negative. I’ve literally written nothing but positive and uplifting statements and it seems to offend you for some reason, or that’s just how it seems. I wish you well!

Try to smile more. :slight_smile:

Actually, if any of this were true, you would have stopped out of consideration for those hearing your words. By selfishly continuing to use the phrase you betray your intent. Or at best your monumental tone deafness in reading the room.

3 Likes

You didn’t hear anything, you read them and mentally, internally, chose to be offended. I cannot help you with that. Being a salty person isn’t stunning or brave. (But that’s just my opinion)

After multiple posts here is a clear formula to Funk’s anti LGBT game:

1. Make an inflammatory anti-LGBT statement. IE the anti LGBT “So Brave” meme
  2. Insult anyone who calls them out.
  3. Repeat
2 Likes

You could help us out by not making anti LGBT statements such as the “stunning and brave” meme and not insulting anyone who has a problem with you making anti-LGBT statements

1 Like

That’s your opinion. I will respect it, even though it is wildly inaccurate… or so it seems. I wouldn’t know.

Keep being stunning and brave. And smile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nobody likes being told to smile, it’s creepy just like no one likes when anti-LGBT bigots spam the “stunning and brave” meme. Gross.

1 Like

Best method is to just not engage with them

Or just ignore them

I’ve given up on dealing with idiots on th forums, the ignore feature is great

4 Likes

That is a very good point Malgorok. I often wonder what the meta is and I want to put together a tier list ranking the different tactics in a tier list.

1 Like

The “Make even more outlandish claims” method of dealing with the conspiracy theory groups no longer works

Cuz they end up agreeing with you or fail to see you’re mocking them

So that’s an easy F tier

1 Like

Yes, I consider “Embracing the slurs” an F tier as well because it gives anti-LGBT people a feeling of control if they can get you to say the “stunning and brave” meme or worse slurs.

1 Like

I’m conflicted on that one

I personally know some people who always use slurs to describe themself, and they say it’s fun cuz it “de-slurs the slur” so it loses its oomph factor

But I also know people who’d rather no one use them and just be rid of the hate stigma

1 Like

I know people who still use “gay” as a slur in 2021, it doesn’t bother me. Let them live their lives, it doesn’t offend me and tbh it probably does them more harm.

I just find it funny that so many people get offended by words, people often talk about how progressive we are as a society nowadays but it would seem that most people haven’t evolved past the need to feel validated by society and also haven’t been able to realize that words are words and people’s opinions have no bearing on how they should act or feel.

Getting offended by words and statements is really primitive. Also, it isn’t stunning or brave. (but that’s just my opinion) :slight_smile:

Intent matters and Funk’s constant spam of the well known anti LGBT “Stunning and brave meme”, insults, and the creepy " smile more" comments has the clear intent of upsetting LGBT people

I am offended because of your intent. Your constant use of the anti-LGBT, “stunning and brave” meme, your insults toward me, and the creepy “smile more” comments all give a very negative impression of you. Other people feel this way as well but are not likely to confront you on the matter because avoiding you is easier as others have recommended

2 Likes

3 Likes