LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Need to lose some as well but bc classic isn’t going to help that issue at all.

For some reason my stomach is a bottomless pit right now and I don’t know why.

“You have been Binge Eating (Stress Eating.) for quite a while. Your body has grown use to it.”

It has only been a few days.

Actually twice a year, usually in spring and in fall, I get totally ravenous and it doesn’t go away until I completely gorge myself and have like a 4000 calorie day then I’m fine and back to one normal sized meal a day.

I might be going through that triggered by finals.

Basically a few years ago I started uni without a treating psychiatrist due to no fault of my own. The job at the office I was assigned to by my insurance was vacant. I didn’t have access to my meds, some of which are controlled substances that only a psychiatrist is willing to prescribe. I failed a class in my first semester.

They put me on probation and refused my request to be exempt from mandatory study hall because of my unique circumstances.

So I was attending 12 units of lecture, office hours, working with a hematologist, two psychiatrists, a therapist, two obgyns, physical therapy, and six hours of study hall a week all between 9-5. My disabilities made making use of study hall impossible so I still had to do homework when I got home. Instead I spent six hours a week mentally beating myself up over something beyond my control.

I ran myself ragged and broke. I couldn’t get out of bed or function enough to petition for withdrawal before the semester ended.

I was given WUs which are basically Fs that bring down my gpa. I was thrown out of my dream university. Then a few months later I became homeless.

The school refuses to fix the grades despite my circumstances and doctor’s notes. Until I do 12 units with no drops or withdrawals or failures.

I went back to community college part-time and was on route to fix it and then covid happened. I had to drop one class when covid happened because of a learning disability not working well with a zoom class.

So I got into a new uni. I passed my first semester of half time classees with straight As.

I took a really hard class this semester and I worked really hard to succeed but this past week was literally the make or break.

I think I passed. Probably got a B.

If I did I will get my grades fixed and the dark cloud that’s been hovering over me for two years can finally start to go away.

But I don’t know yet. The professor hasn’t posted the final exam grades yet.

Next semester I go back to full time. I’ve strategically picked classes that fit my majors and that I’m ahead of the curve on so I should be successful and will overwrite the trauma saying that I can’t do full time.

I stress eat a lot too…

Really I just don’t wanna buy new pants. Pants are expensive y’all!

hey yall we still being stunning and brave up in here?

You have one “joke” that you’ve told several times now, and I gotta tell ya it isn’t getting funnier.

3 Likes

Have you heard about a grade yet? I’ll bet you did great!

I have to tell you, there is no joke about the LGBTQ+ movement, I was simply asking if you were still stunning and brave today. I love all my LGBTQ+ friends and family.

Don’t assume every comment is a personal attack. You have allies.

Not yet. It’s super stressing me out.

2 Likes

I bet you’ll have done better than you expected.

It sounds like you have a strong work/study ethic compared to most despite everything.

1 Like

Anyone else find it funny how that Nobully guy kept commenting for days in a thread he said shouldn’t exist in his “Hello fellow children” style anti LGBT comment

“Nobully is harmless. SHE just likes ruffling the occasional feather.”

3 Likes

BLERG Hope you find out soon :frowning:

Yeah, no. “Stunning and Brave” is not supportive it is one of the biggest anti-LGBT memes in the meta. If you don’t want people to think you are anti LGBT don’t use their slogans

How is calling you stunning and brave an insult? What if I actually think you’re stunning and brave.

I’m stunned at how brave you are for being you! That’s quite the achievement! If I wasn’t myself, I don’t know who I would be!!

My whole identity is who I am.

The problem is Anti-LGBT bigots use the stunning and brave meme sarcastically. If you care about LGBT people why are you presently posting anti-LGBT slogans?

Because words are words and I’m comfortable with who I am. That’s stunning and brave!

:slight_smile:

The reason you are pushing anti-LGBT slogans and talking points is that you are anti-LGBT. Disappointing.

1 Like

I am not anti-LGBTQ+, I love everyone. You are making false allegations that are very rude and inaccurate. You should try to be more positive and not take everything like a personal attack. I cannot pretend to know what you are going through or how you feel but you seem like a really distressed and sad person. I wish you well!

Also, it isn’t stunning or brave to accuse people of being hateful when all I’m doing is typing letters on the internet, you can’t see my face or gauge my intent. There is no voice behind the words, just your own self conscious telling you that you’re being attacked.

To me, that seems like a problem you need to deal with. You seem to be a very angry, sad person. But then again, I wouldn’t know, I don’t know you. I couldn’t say for sure. That’s just how it seems.

Keep being stunning and brave, but also, positive. (and smile :slight_smile: )