LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Said a lot of people hun. :joy: That’s why it’s 1000 posts long with 90% of it being us just
being us.

It’s about the only queer thread on here now. Because we heard the rest of ya. :joy:

If you don’t wanna join, don’t! Go do another thing!

1 Like

rofl, don’t get your Cher tapes in a bunch bro.

YES YES I COMPLETELY AGREE!! I actually did my entire project on how you can take brutalist forms and use them with different materials to make beautiful spaces - basically once you take brutalism out of concrete it becomes modernism and art deco.

The guy whose building I’m working on - Paul Rudolph - heck of an awful guy - but i’ve based all my facade and structural designs off of his sections. Should his plans have ever left the drawing board? No! He had no clue how to mesh a building with the urban fabric! But they’re filled with light and life that can absolutely be embodied in other mediums if used creatively!

1 Like

Thank you for taking the ruminate out of ruminant.

2 Likes

You got to love all the bigots in this thread being like, “I’m a friend and advocate of the LGBT community but there should be no representation in the game and you shouldn’t be allowed to discuss this topic at all.”

7 Likes

Must y’all keep coming in here?

4 Likes

There is so much I don’t know about art

Me and a friend used to take trips to Chicago for different destinations. We never got to the art museum before 2020 came along >.<

2 Likes

Why is someone’s sexual lifestyle a part of the World of Warcraft game/forums?

2 Likes

AHH I LOVE CHICAGO OH MY GOD I went once with an old friend and we got to explore the music hall and I just spent the whole time basically squeaking about all the different styles going on there. :sob:

AWAY WITH YOU BABE.

Also it’s because relationships are a thing in the WoW lore. I.e. Tyrande and Malf, Flynn and Shaw, so on and so on.

3 Likes

It is a role playing game where we imbue the game’s systems with aspects of ourselves. For many players that may include a head canon family and friends and that family will reflect our values and what we love. So yes, for a great many folks, representation of ones values is a huge aspect of enjoying the game over a period of years.

4 Likes

Ok, not hating was just wondering.

1 Like

There’s some pretty stock responses they always give, and they are never convincing reasons lolol

1 Like

It’s a nice destination. It’s not that far from where we are. Like a 2 1/2 hour drive to Milwaukee and then we take the train into downtown.

We’ve done the SHED, gone to many Pokemon Go fests in the summer, gone to the top of Sear’s tower (It’s not that anymore but
) Art Museum was on the list and I’ll have to add the music hall to it as well.

I came out at Buckingham Fountain :D! THAT was a nerve wracking trip lol. We went there so I could be a good distance away from everyone else to do it.

Hoping we’ll be able to go back soon. It’s been a while :frowning:

2 Likes

Relationships are a part of most engaging stories and are important to the world-building of any franchise. You can claim you don’t care but we do

1 Like

“lIfEsTyLe”

4 Likes

I didn’t say that I didn’t care, it was just a question, and my question was answered three replies under my comment.

1 Like

I still get a giggle fit when I think that Flynn and Shaw are surprisingly the most stable relationship in WoW compared to all the other ones.

1 Like

Yes, they jumped on it because questioning why LGBT representation matters is the number one line of attack by bigots in the current meta. The story matters and LGBT inclusion in these stories is 100% valid.

5 Likes

Bigot Meta omg I love it

5 Likes