LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

I’m literally the same way with amish paradise and the surgeon one.

2 Likes

How about some never ending story then? https://youtu.be/2WN0T-Ee3q4

1 Like

I’m like this with so many songs. Not just Weird Al either, all sorts of parody songs. The real song will start and I’ll hear the music and be like “oh I love this song, time to sing along!” and then I dont know any of the words because I’ve only ever listened to the parodies.

1 Like

I can imagine so! It’s not the same, but I remember being a kid pre-diagnosis for dyslexia and being in the highest class for math, science, and history, but was placed in the lowest for reading. I had just been diagnosed with ADHD the year(ish) prior, so they thought they fixed me after that :laughing: Boy was doc surprised when he found out a child can have multiple things going on! lol

1 Like

I feel attacked.

I have some weird thing where the letters appear to move on to page. Some doctors dispute it but holy crap it’s real.

1 Like

I would just straight up “read” a word wrong because it legit looks like another word, but if I took a second glance, it looked like the word it was supposed to be :stuck_out_tongue: I was in a whitewashed, conservative elementary school where I was considered crazy in my early years

1 Like

Dang it’s been quiet in here today.

How has everyone been doing?

3 Likes

“It’s nice outside, so I have been outside… ‘touching grass’.”
/giggle

“Been doing stuff in the yard.”
/smile

1 Like

Lol I feel ya I mowed again earlier and checked on the maters and taters. They are getting there! xD

1 Like

“I have a Morning Glory Vine trying to strangle my Rhodie Bush. Had to go rip it out. Still have some vines I can’t reach, but Hubby is off work tomorrow, and he is a lot taller than I am.”

1 Like

I’ve been sleeping. A LOT. And it feels so good. Also I finally got Furrfist to lvl 60, and now I’m gonno work on my Horde alts cause I like the idea of splitting a 6/6 Alliance/Horde cast.

I also plan to binge watch some disney+ later today.

2 Likes

Oh no! Hopefully you can get them all yanked out with your hubby’s help.

Hey there you go! Gratz on 60! more sleep is always good haha

What you watching on Disney?

2 Likes

Currently Miss Marvel and I’ve yet to watch Loki so I’d like to start on that even though I’ve never been a big Loki fan.

OH and there’s still Umbrella Academy S3 and Stranger Things to catch up!!!

“Between the Morning Glory, the English Ivy, and the Black Berry Invasion, it’s been a literal WAR in my yard.”

1 Like

Oh nice!

Big oof!

2 Likes

“I was gonna go out and pull some more up, but my shoulder is complaining.”

1 Like

Ah got you. Yeah don’t go hurtin’ yourself! XD

1 Like

“I use to be able to do this stuff all day, until I broke my shoulder. It sucks to feel so useless now.”

:clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: Kitt, you really need to stop assuming, I find LGBT+ people to be more intelligent/aware than the majority of straight folk. I’d say most adult LGBT+ people know this icon and respect him more than yourself.

Edit: This sent me to google scholar, interesting to find that LGBT+ inclusion directly correlates with a positive economic trend.

Source: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11205-021-02743-2

“…empirically establishes that LGBT inclusion helps foster human capital skills, thus strengthening national innovative capacity. Exploiting cross-country data, this research provides suggestive evidence that social tolerance towards homosexuality is positively correlated with the economic complexity index…”

What a feel-good find :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It was terribly warm today

Though I’m sure some people will say 30c (86f) is not warm, and to those people I say I dont wanna live on the sun

2 Likes