LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Agreed.
Just because you can doesn’t mean you should applies to that sort of language. I too am pretty pleased this step was taken but I hope they are monitoring, making any adjustments if necessary.

2 Likes

I’m glad they blocked the N-Word. It’s about time.

8 Likes

I’m back. :tada:

8 Likes

Again and about time too, and this time they’re in the mood

They can fly real high with their jetpack on, with his pistols out they’re one tough kong

1 Like

I think Anduin is a lil fruity. He gives me bisexual vibes.

1 Like

Would it be odd if I said I got trans vibes from him? I know that is probably pretty unlikely for Anduin but… yeahp.

Cant say i feel the same way…but possibly. It would be great representation.

1 Like

People were reeing so hard. LIKE NOOOOO you can’t do this on my wow fourms REEEEEEEEEE

also, can we talk about how whenever someone talks about another player, they always use he to address them? It annoys me a lot. i know they probably just unconsciously said it, but i’m not a fan of being misgendered.

unless i know a person’s pronouns, i refer to them by the gender of their toons, and my experience has been that this is how most people operate. if they know your irl gender but misgender you anyway, yeah, that’s pretty scummy

3 Likes

Yeah thats why I try to use they/them until I know which someone prefers.

I think it has a lot to do with my husband writing Anduin as trans in their stories.

I used to operate that way but now feel it does a disservice to the person I’m talking to.

Their character doesn’t matter, they do.

That’s in my opinion, I don’t mean to say anything negative about you or anyone else.

2 Likes

I’m guilty of using he first instead of they. It’s a wip to get over that.

3 Likes

Or give each conversation that extra special touch by referring to them as Daddy and making everyone uncomfortable

2 Likes

Nah, that’s reserved for my Among US group.

Daddy is sus

UwU

Edit, I gotta stop being a panda, why would i ever type this normally

2 Likes

that’s true. in most situations i ask the person what their pronouns are, but i can’t see that going over very well in the game. too many people eager to make the attack helicopter joke, you know, and there’s only so much of that i can take. i should probably get more in the habit of using they/them… although i know the gender of everyone i play with, so in my case this doesn’t come up too often

language habits are tough to break :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve been pretty good at using they when I don’t know for sure what gender they are, but it’s still hard. I don’t think anyone faults anyone else for trying as long as they aren’t being malicious.

2 Likes

so where were you when pong came out.

Somehow I feel both happy and sad that I missed out on this thread. So what was decided? Are they finally breaking ground on that gay bar on Telogrus I’ve been asking for? If so, I insist on them serving overpriced fruit flavored vodka slushies like at Sidetrack on Halsted :tropical_drink:

True. I’m pre hrt so I know I’m gonna get misgendered. If I know I’m not going to see that person again I don’t make a deal about it.

2 Likes