LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

I have to ask you this… Why do you think that exists? Probably so someone can further clarify a position or fix a typo. I’m not trying to do anything malicious. I’m trying to clarify a point and say what I mean.

So what is your point or the person’s point that I’m arguing with?

EDIT: Because it seems to be a way to try to discredit someone without having to use your brain and address the point.

They were saying you edited a post, you said you didnt because there was no icon there. thats it. Dont get all huffy with me… I was just pointing out that you can edit something without it showing up. Geez.

My entire point was that you can edit a post without there being the icon, and you adamantly insisted that was not true.

3 Likes

oh sheeeet DEFCON 1 !

1 Like

Maybe you should ask this guy.

He’s the lead developer behind the Discourse software used here.

Wow, that’s awesome!

unironically the worst thing about this forum

3 Likes

The sad thing is it was an addition. They’ve done like nothing to improve the forum, but gotta add in auto-quote removal! :crazy_face:

Heck, not only did they add it, they then further fine-tuned it to be even worse. I remember when you could just not include the emoji on the end of a post in the quote and that would let you quote it. Now it ignores you leaving out the emoji and removes the quote anyway.

1 Like

It’s always fun to have to judge whether or not someone is replying to the most recent post or the OP because of it.

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, it doesn’t do it on the EU forums. Also basically every topic gets closed after 30 days of no replies there. So they COULD decide to allow it but for some reason US forums have it set to not.

The best thing you can do to quote is edit out a word or two and I think it lets you, as long as you’re not just quoting the whole post.

1 Like

A bit of a history lesson. About a year ago now a bunch of concern trolls were spamming threads about LGBTQ+ Truthspeaker created this thread since it was requested by a bunch of people to make the trolling less effective by giving those a real thread not made for the purpose of trolling. That’s the forum reason. But if we want to go even deeper it’s because it is a important community topic. For example if you saw the stream chat towards a trans developer in the deep dive yesterday you’d see that there is obviously a lot of bigotry present in the community. Threads like these are important for the WoW community itself.

7 Likes

Literally anything goes here as long as you aren’t being a bigot. You can mope on the title all day but nobody really cares if you aren’t a part of the LGBTQ+ community and posting in here lol.

3 Likes

I was going to explain how “purpose” is subjective, to him but that looks like a much larger energy investment than I’m willing to make

It’s both filthy and relevant, had a few whispers about how they recognise it, with varying levels of laughter or disgust :rofl:

2 Likes

Being LGBT+ has everything to do with the game as well, if you are LGBT+. This is because it is who we are as people and it permeates every decision we make. Not disagreeing with you, simply adding to, you’re quite eloquent.

2 Likes

But that’s the only comparison here. I’m just saying a discussion forum for a biological truth has nothing to do with this video game and it has nothing to do with anything.

Can you elaborate? Genuinely curious as to what you mean.

Pelagos is trans. If you want to talk about Pelagos, transphobes will flock to the thread with bad takes. This thread is the safest place to talk about trans characters.

1 Like

Weird. Didn’t know Pelagos was trans, but I don’t know anything at all about any fictional characters. So maybe this is a whole new world of things I don’t understand. Legitimately curious. How do you know Pelagos is trans?

You can talk to him in game at one point and he mentions that in life, he had a woman’s body and never felt right in it.

2 Likes

Oh. I had no clue tbh.