LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Yeh I guess the correct answer is of course to bite the bullet and tell them, same as any other coming out.

I just wondered if other trans people on here have found themselves in similar situations on discord, and how it worked out for them. Also, if they felt it was even worth it in the end?

Zandrae, you seem quite nice.

Could I join your guild? I would love to be a Blood Elf Paladin healer, if you have use for it? The Paladin would offer the flexibility of being tank or healer or dps as needed.

1 Like

Iā€™m probs not the best trans dude to ask that. Iā€™m pre hrt so my voice is still hella girly. I sound way younger so people think Iā€™m some kid. I hate it. Unless itā€™s like. RIGHT as I wake up then my voice lowers. Tried vocal exercises. Nothin.

If youā€™re with people you trust then I think youā€™ll be fine

Folks tend to forget that folks like us ā€œcome outā€ multiple times in our lives. Not just once. Sometimes it gets easier. Sometimes quite the opposite.

2 Likes

Oof I feel that. Coming out is a daily occurence, really!

Online especially, I feel like it takes time to know if itā€™ safe to come out, but then if you wait, you feel like youā€™ve been lying to people.

Someone in guild was talking about a random trans person the other day: ā€œthe first thing he said was that heā€™s trans, like we donā€™t care dudeā€. But then we wait to find out if itā€™s safe, and all of a sudden weā€™re the dishonest ones.

Folks: we dont care
Us: okay weā€™re this, whatever
Folks: proceed to react loudly like they care very much all of a sudden

Hate it

8 Likes

I honestly donā€™t know what it is like for you Armada but if they do consider you as some form of a friend even if it is just an online one I think they would or at least hope they would accept you . If not then not really your friends and you can always find others that will accept you for who you are.

1 Like

Just as a heads up Zan is taking a little bit of a vacation, but I am sure they will respond ASAP. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hoi - I didnā€™t end up taking a vacation! Iā€™m still here clickity clackin away!

2 Likes

you should go on vacation to ibiza

1 Like

Alsoā€¦thatā€™s a good question. Andā€¦itā€™s one that I really donā€™t know how to prep you for. :grimacing: I havenā€™t been in a guild likeā€¦seriously, since 2016.

I suppose the first thing you wanna do, justā€¦in terms of coming out to any group, isā€¦steel yourself. Hope for the best, expect the worst, as they say.
Andā€¦in terms of how?

From what Iā€™ve learned and experiencedā€¦just be blunt about it.
ā€œThis is who I am. These are my pronouns. Please respect that and respect me.ā€

I guess it also really depends on your relationship with your guild. I used to work at a supermarket where I used my real name, not my dead one - but everyone there still called me by my old pronouns. They were a real callous bunch and most of them didnā€™t seem to take change too well soā€¦I just figured it was easier to just get through the day and get out.

But if youā€™re close with these people - like you know them really well - thenā€¦it might be a good idea to try. :relaxed:

5 Likes

I keep seeing people talk about equality and I donā€™t think that people understand that whatā€™s desired isnā€™t equality. Whatā€™s desired is equity.

Equality means each individual or group of people is given the same resources or opportunities.

Equity recognizes that each person has different circumstances and allocates the exact resources and opportunities needed to reach an equal outcome.

6 Likes

Well since I am subbed again to level my priest I just wanted to say this thread popped up and Iā€™m glad :sparkling_heart:

Also for better or worse agree or disagree I like the Shaw and Flynn warcraft pairing, I think itā€™s nice and definitely something I hope is expanded on whether its just lines in game or more in story when those characters are used.

6 Likes

ā€œLANNIS!!!ā€
/running pounce
/huggle
/cookie
/happy grin

ā€œI was wondering where you disappeared to.ā€
/smile

1 Like

Pelagos is a best buddy at my ember court

2 Likes

I wonder if Blizz will ever implement intersex character customization

ā€œThis thread was created so we can gather in one place and share our ideas. It was suggested, and done. Please just let us enjoy our shared thoughts.ā€
/smile

6 Likes

You clicked a thread and replied to it on your own free will. Literally scroll past it and leave people in this thread alone.

6 Likes

Then mute and move on.

6 Likes

ā€œThen just stroll on by. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you click in this thread. Just wander on by, and be at peace.ā€
/smile

4 Likes

ā€œWelcome back, Truthspeaker.ā€
/grin

1 Like