LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Enjoy your vacation :frowning:

Tho I think you’ll stick around because you are a valued poster.

1 Like

I know the joke you are talking about, and it doesn’t help that Blizzard goes along with the joke in a few of the quests they give. I will usually just block the person as soon as they say it. I have no desire to deal with anyone who is that inconsiderate to the feelings of others.

As for your post being flagged because you were honestly saying how the remark made you feel, is ridiculous. I really wish the forum moderators would just start handing out bans for false flagging. I also personally think that those caught false flagging should permanently lose the ability to flag posts.

Back on subject

I still think a few things added to the game could go a long way
Rainbow shirt for free shirt day. As it can represent both pride and the WoW cosmology no one can say it is pandering.
A rainbow balloon added to the Darkmoon Faire
An event board in mayor Alliance and Horde hubs where players can post upcoming events.

I would still like to see them add an event planner and instanced event areas. That way players could create their own events and could have them in an area where they wouldn’t get trolled.

I’m not LGBTQ+ but both my brother and my daughter are. One of the happiest moments of my brothers life. Was the day after more then 20 years of waiting he was able to stand at the end of the aisle with his husband and say I Do.

6 Likes

Thank you - I appreciate that!
:joy: This isn’t the first time though.
Some of my posts are literally just stuff that comes to me and I’m like “woah! What would these people think about it?”
Buuuuuut tis not related to the game.

Just means i’ve really gotta just
reign it in a bit. When I come back, whenever that is, I’ll just stick to here. :relaxed:

1 Like

That is a great idea

Good morning!

I was curious. Is there a way to find a list of current LGBT+ guilds? The stuff I found online is 4-7 years old and mostly dead.

Thank you for your help! The politeness in this thread is extraordinary.

2 Likes

So
well, to be frank I don’t have a great answer for you, but I have found some good groups by looking in Communities and Guilds - just by searching in the in-game tab! It does take some parsing out sometimes, but it does work!

2 Likes

Thank you. I will give it a try.

But one thing: I plan to roll a new character this weekend. Do you happen to know an Alliance server that would be a good fit for what I am looking for? Some servers have many LGBT guilds and others have zero. But once I assign my character to a server, I will be unable to move it if there are no likeminded guilds.

It is ok if you don’t have an answer! I appreciate your help so far. I am simply musing out loud.

1 Like

I can’t tell you for certain, but I’ve heard Proudmoore and Wyrmrest Accord are really good for that!

2 Likes

WRA is an amazing server with a good community.

2 Likes

At first I called out this thread for topic spamming. The Megathread was a good idea to do. Posts like these show quality use of the thread.

Truthspeaker, I stand corrected.

5 Likes

Moon Guard is also LGBTQ friendly and Alliance.

If you would consider Horde I can say my own guild would qualify.

I recommend making characters on MG, WRA, and Proudmoore and searching the guild finder.

You should know what kind of environment and activities you want and interview the guild contacts for those groups you find appealing.

Then you should make a decision based on what you find.

3 Likes

Thank you, Zandrae!

I will reveal the real reason why I am insisting on playing Alliance. I want to play as a Black character. I am Black. To be able to see representation of myself for the first time truly touched my heart. Blizzard did something amazing for so many people that they didn’t have to do. I want and need to show them that I value it.

5 Likes

I’m glad you like the representation and I totally understand that desire.

I wish they had given Blood Elves the same amount of care they did for Humans and their diversity options. Some of my Blood Elves have dark skin and no hair to match. It’s shameful.

4 Likes

Edit: Representation is important. So. Very important!

Really would love to see more options for every race.

Like, my Night Elf got his gay leaves, but there is so much more they can keep doing

And transmog items? So many quality items removed forever - Let us have em!

2 Likes

I hope everything works out. Talking on the forums when you are half asleep can lead to some bad results. I got into a fight over Timewalking about six months ago when it was 3 or 4 am once.

Still I hope that you don’t have to deal with a vacation.

I would like this. I prefer being able to host my own events and such. Though I might not be able to see it as a classic player.

Still I love being able to have a creative voice when trying deal with these types of things.

2 Likes

Well he does sound like a clown with what he’s saying

1 Like

I think I am going to leave this thread. I just don’t feel like I fit in that much as I want to play classic TBC and I don’t know what is being talked about half the time.

I don’t hold anything against anyone here and I think what is being done is wonderful I just don’t like to lurk around in threads where I can’t contribute and well the only other LGBT stuff I can talk about is IRL or my writing and neither is stuff that is really going to help to be talked about here. This is a place to talk about wow related stuff, not IRL stuff.

With that,

Have a good rest of your day.

4 Likes

Random question for trans people in this thread.

How do you come out to your guild? I’ve been in boy mode on discord for the past year because people assume I’m a guy from my voice. And with all this “don’t shove down my throat” thing that the WoW community has, I figured, just let them keep thinking I’m a guy.

Thing is, I get on with them, we’re on first name terms (my name is androgynous), and now I feel like I have been lying about my gender for a year. I mean, I have been, but being trans on the internet means you take precautions.

Anyone else had this? How did you deal?

1 Like

Xerris,
I am mostly lurking and liking posts in support/encouragement. I’m really happy though that this thread exists for discussion and is being utilized. It’s not about me but rather to uplift those that have to deal with seeing other posters trolling them (concern spam/trolling included) or even harassment over topics of representation or visibility or finding spaces with others they share interests.

If people like you and I can give voice in a kind and civil manner, I know we are welcomed. I respect your decision to depart and I do appreciate your honesty and cute Alice things. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Well that’s an odd name! (Had to do it)

But as you say, you’ve known them for a while so you could be honest and say you’d prefer it if they referred to you with your preferred pronoun (expect people to still get it wrong for a bit, but they’ll get it right eventually)

That’s not exactly “shoving it down people’s throats” (Whatever that means) but is just a simple request most sensible people would have no trouble doing