LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

I like t’ natter on like a sailor too

1 Like

Yeah I may knock blizz for things. But having a FtM character who is also voiced by a transman really meant a lot.

Sure a lot of the time Pelagos is a bit of a weenie and we’re saving him a lot. But I’m okay with that. That’s just room for growth.

Honestly my biggest complaint with Pelagos is some of his early dialogue had his voicework sound like he had the sniffles. But he got better as it went on.

3 Likes

Wait he’s voiced by a transman??? That’s awesome!!! Holy moly that’s amazing!

And…I mean if that’s intentional…might be because he’s gaining confidence as you go through it with him!

2 Likes

Oh btw is it okay if I post like…lil fanfics in here?

1 Like

Yeah I can’t remember his va’s name tho.

And I don’t think the sounding like he had a cold voice was intentional. A lot of the time with stuff like anime, the early episodes all sound a bit wonky because the voice actors haven’t quite settled into their role yet. So I’d chalk it up to that early dialogue just being him settling in as a voice actor.

A fun example of this is Jojos Bizarre Adventure part 5. Both the japanese and english vas went thru this where early uses of their Stand Cries were a little weak at first. Then later episodes happen and now the actor can put some oomph into it

I will never get tired of the 7 Page Muda

2 Likes

I can see what you mean - after about the third clip or so you’re just like oh. That’s Giorno.

2 Likes

My 15 year old is a fan of JoJo, she is a artist and she loves the art style.

2 Likes

It’s a very fun style. Even if it changes a lot as the artist goes on. It’s fun to observe

1 Like

(Hi! You can absolutely skip this post if ya want to but it’s one of my stories and tis a lil gay - hence why it’s here! Also like…i’ve wanted to explore what visiting Azeroth must be like for a citizen of Suramar forever. If you want to read, Enjoy!)

Valtrois looked at the map laid out before her on a marble table. She’d been summoned to Dalaran on important business, but….she never could have expected this. She kept wrenching her view away to cross-reference it with the older one from the great libraries in Suramar.

Her hands shook as her eyes traced the ancient web of ley-lines she’d helped map out in her childhood - and then once again were tornto the map she’d been provided of modern Azeroth.

A map that looked…infected.

Her eyes shook in their sockets, staring at the numerous anomalous occurrences across the world. So many lines had been sliced and torn, or horribly redirected towards a spot on the northern continent - from there it was like arcane energy pooled.

Like a boil ready to burst… she thought grimly.

There was also the maelstrom - though that hadn’t changed much. All ley lines had led to led to the Queen’s palace once, though that had more been a matter of placement than of…

She shivered again, looking at the damaged lines.

The lines that had been manipulated - not just read.

The great spire in the southwest had been built on a natural confluence, as had been Zin’Aszhari. They had treated the lines as veins - never seeking to twist them, merely to skim off of them.

But this?

This savagery?

Things started to go blurry - it wasn’t until Stellagosa took her hand that she realized she was crying. She’d come along on the mission, which was more than a small comfort. The bond they’d forged in Suramar had continued to grow, and Valtrois found her partner’s optimism to be a boon in a world that sought to break her.

“We can fix this.” Stell gave her a determined smile, those wonderfully deep blue eyes steeled.

Valtrois nodded, giving Stell’s hand a squeeze.

“I know, but…I can’t…I just can’t believe this is where we are in the world. That…” She trailed off. She didn’t know what to say. That the world had been irreverent? That everything had gone mad?

The old mage in front of her - what was his name? Gaddar? - he gave a grim nod.

“It is indeed an unbelievable situation, and not one I ever wished we would find ourselves in.”

Valtrois couldn’t speak. There was that newest event - they’d called it the wound. She kept glancing away from it, hoping it’d just disappear.

Everything was just….gone, there.

No lines, no veins, just…

Nothing.

The rest of the web just spilled out into it, sitting and just….sitting.

“Khadgar, can you tell us what the issue is? The last of the blue flight has done it’s best to keep this stable…is there something we don’t know about?”

Khadgar, that was his name. He was the human who had helped drive the legion from their world once again. He’d always unnerved her - his eyes didn’t match the body they were paired with. They were too bright for someone so frail.

Stella’s words came to her, and she gave a wry smile.

Stable.

Azeroth was on the brink of death, and she could tell from the newer maps.

What ley-lines were left were thin - almost dry. Mana wasn’t pulsing throughout the world anymore, and with the new revelations from that stone dwarf, that appeared to be a very bad thing. She still couldn’t believe it. A titan. Their world was a titan - one of those ancient progenitors of life - the night borne had always theorized their existence, but here one was. A being of pure arcane energy and brilliance.

Bleeding like a sieve.

Khadgar closed his eyes and sighed, sitting down heavily in a chair across from Valtrois.

“Azeroth is stable, thanks to you and your brethren’s work, Stellagosa.” He gave her a gentle smile, then looked to Valtrois. Her skin crawled.

Those eyes. Too young to be in a face that lined. “But…you have seen the state of our world - how quickly it lies subject to atrocities. I…was hoping I could entreat you both to begin healing her.”

Valtrois raised an eyebrow.

“Both? The summons only sent for me. Stell almost didn’t come.” Khadgar shot a nervous look to the side, and gave an awkward smile.

“Let us say that certain interactions in Suramar, did not go unnoticed. I knew you’d both come.” Another warm smile - though this time Valtrois returned it. She and Stellagosa had been exploring the world lately, Stella taking her nearly everywhere she thought would stun Valtrois. It’d been a lovely journey - and she guessed it was fair to assume on his part - he was right, after all.

“Back to the point,” Khadgar continued, “The Earthen Ring and the Cenarion circle only deal with certain aspects of our world - the elements and nature, respectively. However,” Khadgar laid a hand on the map, gesturing to the numerous focal points of arcane energy. Valtrois winced as he brushed over the Wound. “All of that is equally dependent on these - and you two, out of all of us, may have the resources to save her.

Valorosi steepled her hands and ran them through her hair, looking up at Khadgar in disbelief.

“You…you want us to fix…all of this?” She gestured to the map - to the utter devastation that faced her. Everything was broken or about to snap. She’d be conducting surgery without any chance of error. Khadgar nodded solemnly.

“I…fear that you are the only ones who can.” Valtrois raised another eyebrow.

“What about your vaulted champions? The Saviors of Azeroth?” Khadgar paused, looked off to the side, then stood and walked to the window. The broken Isles sat misted to the north, and the lights of suramar flickered brightly.

“I’ll admit, you two,” He whipped around, throwing the both of them a hard look. “And this isn’t to leave this room,” Valtrois said nothing, and Stell nodded - and Khadgar leaned against the sill. That age seemed to pile upon his shoulders instantly, and he gave a weak cough.

“I don’t…think I trust them anymore.”

Stella grimaced, but Valtrois gave a laugh. Khadgar looked at her in bewilderment. “Is…that something to laugh about?” Valtrois gave him a sad smile.

“No, young one - but…I’ve seen many in my life who covet power. And those “champions?” That is all they care about.” Khadgar nodded, but Stellagosa spoke up.

“I…would hazard to disagree, Val. These mortals are capable of great feats of bravery, of nobility! They’ve -“

“ - left the world like this.” Valtrois stood, pointing an accusing finger at the new map . She felt a sob crawl its way up its throat. “And…who…has kept the world together in their absence? Who has held the door to oblivion shut while they chase their trinkets and alliances?” Stellagosa looked away, biting her lip. The room was silent, for a moment.

“We are always….forgotten.” Khadgar mused.

“We….are.” Stell conceded, her brow growing clouded. “After my….after Senegos passed, I expected…aid. From them.” Her lip trembled, and the next words were shaky. “I pleaded for it. And…received no word.” Valtrois took her hand and led her back to the chair.

“Our city was left in shambles after the rebellion.” She started softly. “Leadership in ruin, thousands without homes - we could have used hope. Instead,” She grimaced. “We got the call for the draft. ‘Glory to the Horde.’” The phrase dripped with sarcasm, and a dark shadow passed over Stellagosa’s face.

They’d had to spend those wretched two years apart - orders from the Banshee queen had called Valtrois to make weapons of war…and to use them….or die.

The screams still gave her nightmares.

She’d come back to Suramar a shaking, nervous mess - which is why they’d gone on their trip.

Away from the constant war, the struggles…from them all.

The Fourth War” Khadgar spat. Valtrois looked away from Stell to see something dark stirring in Khadgar’s face. He took a shaky breath.

“I…know that many were drawn into it against their will.” He met Valtrois’ eyes, and she looked away. Teldrassil, the raising of Derek…she’d played a part in all of it. It was seared into her mind - she couldn’t go to Darkshore anymore.

All she’d been asked to make was a spell for unquenchable torches - “…for reconnaissance” she’d been told. She never knew…

“I begged them to stop. I enervated every single one I knew - and yet they joined that…bloodbath….willingly.” Khadgar’s voice broke, and he bit his knuckle in worry.

“All they care about is glory and power.” Valtrois said flatly.

“No matter the cost.” Stellagosa finished.

Khadgar nodded.

“So you see, then.”

“Very well, old one. You would not trust the health of our world to a band of mercenaries.” Stellagosa spoke up, a small note of panic in her voice.

“But….me? Are you sure the other leaders of the world will trust a blue dragon to -“

“They won’t know.”

Valtrois stared at Khadgar. He had his eyes to the floor and he kept his voice low. “I…I’ve watched the ‘leaders’ of our world fight even as it dies around them.” He looked up at them, the pain visible in his eyes. “How can you help people who won’t listen?”

That question was left hanging in the air - by the mother moon, it looked like he was asking for an answer.

“You don’t.” Valtrois said curtly. “If they want to fight their wars, let them.” She stood and waved a hand over the map. “But you’re right. We need to take the fate of our world into our own hands.” Gently, she pulled Stell up and took her hands. “You’re right, you know. We can do this.” Stell looked exhausted, but nodded hopefully. Valtrois turned to Khadgar. “When can we start?”

Suddenly the old man in him was gone - he was up on his feet and pointing to various spots on the map.

“Now - if you can. Try to start working on areas further away from major points of interest -“

“Like Silithus?” Stella positied, and Khadgar shot a finger-gun at her.

“Bingo. Try to strengthen the existing ley-lines before we work on…making new ones I suppose.”

New ley lines. The idea was daunting, but…they could do it.

They’d fought back the legion. She’d survived being banished. She’d survived a lot, frankly.

She could do this - and for once…she wasn’t alone.

“Up for another vacation, Starlight?”

5 Likes

Or the Bruno scene where he does the stand cry then goes “Arriverderci”

The english version of that scene was better but that had Ray Chase as the voice actor ( Denathrius if folks don’t know who I’m talking about ) so of course it was good lol

2 Likes

I was thinking more like a Mini Me for Carrot ToP

Pre roid monkey

1 Like

“I Love it!!! Very well written.”

1 Like

Grats on the science juice.

I might be off the forums for a while.

My discord is Zandrae#1418 if you guys want to keep in touch.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

“I am not really sure how to hunt someone down on Discord, but I will give it a try.”
/smile

1 Like

Did something happen?
@Cyndi I haven’t added anyone in Discord in so long that I dunno either least on Desktop, if you have mobile I can help you through it.
Always on phone lol

1 Like

I confronted someone for making an offensive joke and got flagged for it. While I don’t think anything will happen you never know.

5 Likes

It’s looking like I might be taking another vacation again - admittedly that’s what I get for posting at 3AM. It’s like beyond shower thoughts. :frowning:

But I just wanna say keep up the good work everybody. I know this was formed under rather rough conditions, but honestly I’ve met some absolutely wonderful people here. I really hope everyone has a lovely rest of their day. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Sorry guys, I’ve just been muting them and their threads. GD is a lot more pleasant since I started.
I don’t even read their threads, just scroll to the bottom and mute as we all know how they end up.

2 Likes

Thanks! It is giving me a good whallop TBH. Didn’t sleep at all last night. I hope everything is ok. I am usually available on Discord - I just show as offline a lot lol

Ty ty ty ty ty It’s good to get stabbed! … Kinda.