LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Can I say that I’m sort of proud that this thread is actually still alive and booming? Like GC somehow hasn’t ruined it to the point of being 404’d.

the suit / costume thing is something I always wanted to try. I love seeing basically a room full of giant stuffed plushies but at the same time, I’m just not a social person. I don’t like being with people in general and the whole idea of going out of my way to go to this big thing just never felt like something I could or wanted to do.

Then I got a Vive and it’s been probably the most liberating thing ever. virtual reality is amazing and I can’t even begin to put those experiences into words.

I turned into a short nubby cat cos everyone else in the room was also a short nubby cat. and I couldn’t stop laughing at how silly and cute I was but I was so happy I didn’t even care.

1 Like

Likewise its why ive never gone to cons and ive only worn my costume on halloween as I’m very self conscious lol it can be fun with friends my best friend seen my finished suit and immediately wanted to try it and he loved it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Hes more the guitar music type then arts and crafts. I want to get into VR as it does look fun but the cost of the headset is bit too much for me. Maybe I’ll splurge near the holidays. My partner wants to play one so bad but he also hates Facebook so much he refuses to make an account to play a VR xD

“Get one of those neck fans, and put in inside the costume. It will help to keep you cooler inside.”

???

First of all…this thread has been a toxic cesspool many times in it’s lifetime. It’s nobody’s fault in particular…it’s just really long and wow players are generally toxic.

Secondly, did you really expect it to get 404’d? It’s like my boy Chapelle said:

“You don’t upset the alphabet people”

You are the cancellers, not the canceled.

I would but it was pretty form fitting and now that ive grown my hair out its snug and has little room xP. Also idk if I’m just parinoid but the thought of electronics in a foam base of faux fur scares me…
Those things go up in flames SUPER fast! Lol. I most likely will do so with a resin base rather then the current foam one for sure!
They tend to breath alot better!

“It’s not any major electronics. It’s just a small battery operated fan. If I could post links I’d show you. They are small, simple, and easy to use.”

Ive seen people use the 80 mm fans for computers with a usb

“That sounds very workable, but I’m not sure that would be as safe.”

I don’t get why people cry, as you are, about “cancellations”. Social evolution has existed since we could bang rocks together, it’s not suddenly a bad thing just because you’re on the wrong side of it. Education is important.

7 Likes

Most put it in the muzzle area. I thought about hollowing it out and blowing out the nose. Maybe have some mesh hidden in the ears at the base. Some 3D printed heads have alot of holes for more breathability.
I personally have tons of fun creating patterns and hand sewing then seeing a new creature come to life from a drawing.

1 Like

“That sound very doable. I am a costumer too, but I have never made a Furry one. Have considered it, since I love cats so much.”

1 Like

It’s annoying when people overreact.

It’s like watching a soccer game and someone farts on Neymar and he rolls around like he broke his femur.

Some people deserve to be canceled, like Harvey Weistein or Bill Cosby. Cancelling these turds is good…but imo society has swing the pendulum too far and canceling people has almost become a fad. It’s theatrical and annoying and obnoxious to watch.

It’s not just the LGBQ people that do this either, you’re just the best at it. FoxNews conservatives do the exact same thing sometimes and it’s just as see-through and annoying as when the far-left does it.

1 Like

Reactions are entirely subjective and to assume anything other is the height of ignorance. The reaction of one person may be overreacting to you, to others it is not.

I’m sorry that you feel annoyed by evolution of social standards. Hopefully you will learn one day that social evolution is a good thing. Oversteps are often pushed back against, by the way. You saw this when there was a troll trying to get Golden Gaytimes cancelled, the LGBT community stood up against that. I understand you ignore situations like this to suit your narrative though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yea but who asked

5 Likes

I’m a 30 year old white man who is married to a woman. I’m not canceling squat lol

7 Likes

Best to ignore those ones I think.

Let’s get back to proper installation and use of cooling fans in fursuits.

I’m very interested in that.

6 Likes

O.o I didn’t even know this was a thing until today. I just assumed they tried their best not to have heat strokes

5 Likes

opinion discarded

4 Likes

I’ve known of it because of some friends who are furries.

And also some cosplay folk I follow…

But I’ve never really seen info on how to do it or how complicated it can be.

1 Like