LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Its so good

1 Like

This is the kind of energy I live for!

So my final for sculpture class is to make a full body costume of some sort and he showed us a bunch of mascot costumes.

He basically wants us to make a fursuit of some sort.

So Iā€™m going to make one steampunk peacocky boi with a top hat and goggles.

6 Likes

Glorious!

Makes sense. The heads are basically sculptures with just a LOT of duct tape.

I got something that might help a little

This shows some of the process as theyā€™re updating their character with a new suit.

2 Likes

I was active in the furry fandom from 1998 to about 2011, then was active again briefly before COVID. Sadly the local con was cancelled.

3 Likes

Oh I wasnā€™t aware. Awesome ^^

So I gotta ask. Whats your fursona? Iā€™ll show mine on discord

4 Likes

Damn, itā€™s amazing the skill the costumers show in their works. Iā€™ve always been more of an anime con (with a rather lazy and not at all anime costume) type, although spent a ton of years kinda furry adjacent online, but damn I always wish I had the money to really mess around with learning the more intricate stuff like that. Impressive stuff

2 Likes

Lately itā€™s been a peacock.

Zan also got turned into a werepeacock so heā€™s also partially a fursona but not fully.

1 Like

The weekend I donā€™t go out the real housewives of Salt Lake City cast decide to visit my city and were out at the gay clubs filming

2 Likes

Good evening and good vibes my beautiful LGBTQIAP+ babes. :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :heart:

1 Like

WOW! 1000+ new posts since I last checked in. A lounge for LGBT+ topics is a great idea. Check with the new diversity chief that blizz just hired. I am sure she would love to hear new ideas. I would love to see Blizz do something more about homophobia and transphobia in trade and general chats.

1 Like

Can you explain what is political about the existence of gays?

6 Likes

You will be ignored as a troll.

1 Like

Ive made a full body of my wolf sona the feet were stilts made me about a foot taller. I remember wearing it into the job I worked at for Halloween. A grocery store lol had some pictures somewhereā€¦
Then made a new blue and grey GSD only have the head and his curly fluff tail made atm been too lazy with making more of the partial suitā€¦ I hand sew it all so its extreamly time consuming. I will never hand sew an entire body suit and stilted legs ever againā€¦ X_x

I been getting the itch to make another head and seen fuzzybutt premade resin head base of what looked like a high mountain tauren. I kinda want to grab it and make a tauren cosplay butā€¦again been so over worked I just dont have the mental capabilities atm to jump into such another endeavor.

2 Likes

Oh I didnā€™t know LB2QGT represented the existence of gays. Then again, maybe it doesnā€™t.

1 Like

Represents the existence of many people.

LGBTQIA+ is a varied group.

Glad we could clear that up for you.

5 Likes

Its been a group formed in 1965 to end laws targeted specifically at the gay community and to advocate for equal rights and freedom of the fear of being discriminated.
You should probly research what life was like for us before these daysā€¦and while today we have come far theres still people who treat the people of the LGBTQ terriblyā€¦ If youve never been attacked, beaten, assaulted or killed over who you love you cant really understand the hardshipsā€¦there are still some parents who disown their kids leaving them on the streets abandoned to drug abuse or suicideā€¦its a political ideology as many movements are, but the fact is its a social movement for the right to live and love without fear and be accepted for who we are in society.
It was only 2015 we could marry our partners for pity sakeā€¦and still many countries criminalize or murder people for being gay or transā€¦ Until that ends the movement keeps trucking along pushing.

Thank you for your time. :3

3 Likes

I used to have a dragon but kinda got bored with the whole idea so i changed them to something different.

Itā€™s a pale silver fella with bright blue antlers, long thin bat wings and a mane of fur going down their spine and tail.

I donā€™t consider them a furry OC anymore, more of a demon.

2 Likes

Sounds really cool! I love seeing all the different methods people use to make scales or feathers using faux fur or that foam used to make armor.
Trying atm to find a way to swap my heads eyes for some digital ones I rigged on a rasberry PI. Though i may need to craft a totally new base as the old one is all fully built and furred and would need removal of some of the material to make spots for vision haha.
The other issue is I just cant for the life of me wear the things for long at all because it gets so hot so fast. Feel like id need to be in a freezer to feel comfortable.