LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

And you didn’t think for a moment how that would look to the community at large?

We don’t get enough grief?

One of the points of this thread was to avoid making random threads like that.

You couldn’t just look at the posts here and believe us?

1 Like

Frankly no

Because I am not a hive mind.

I want to find out things for myself how they are true or not.

What someone says will never be enough to be truth for me.

You do know that you’re coming off as if you believe that there’s not really many problems for people of any significance because you yourself haven’t noticed them?

Like said above, no one’s going to answer your question (well, not many) as an explicit “Yes, I have a problem with your existence” It gets couched in terms that hide the meaning. “I don’t like politics” when referring to non-political aspects of life, comparing orientation as exclusively dealing with the act of intercourse. I mean, there’s a lot of messed up legislation going around states right now that will hurt a lot of people.

You asked a question that doesn’t lend itself to getting certain answers, and it feels like maybe you wanted it to back up how you feel already and not looking for actual insight into how people behave.

7 Likes

I do want actual insight but you’re right
The question is leading since its public

But I also feel this thread is hella biased too.

Not sure how to get true results
At least I tried I guess

Someone wasn’t in that thread last night.

Not every bias is bad. Yeah, fine, this thread is biased to be interested in certain aspects of the wow storyline and supportive of people that play the game. Nothing wrong with it. There’s biases in everything and recognizing your own biases and if they’re worth having is a good thing.

It’s also good to remember we all live different lives and have our own triumphs, failings, and struggles. What is a non issue for me, may have a road block put in front of it for someone else. You just have to do your best to see where others are coming from and judge if what they are doing is something you support.

I’m not saying don’t look for answers, just think about the questions you ask to get them.

If that was pointed at me, I added that not many to the statement because of a few people in there.

3 Likes

People will eventually say it, but usually it has to be brought on by their initial stances of “me no like cause politik” or “me no like cause off topik” being challenged which will usually then lead to them going mask off because most bigots emotional control is likened to a twig.

2 Likes

Sorry guys, was just being a bit mischievous. Probably not the best time for it.

2 Likes

Yeah with some people you have to pull them along by playing dumb so they continue to run their mouth and eventually say something that’ll get them banned. Wearing them down.

4 Likes

I know what you mean, but if I want to find out that stuff this can’t be my only source.
But if I didn’t care I would just ignore everyone here.

I do want to hear it all

I’m just saying you’re not gonna get many honest negative answers to the “Does my being gay offend you” question, because most people recognize that just outright saying it is gonna look bad for them.

You just gotta observe actions, which can be hard here as there are too many people who go overboard, which then sends the mods on a deletion spree so that the good conversation can continue, so not like this gets archived. For example, your post is listed as 6108, but for the web address for that post, it is listed as 7558. Almost 1500 deleted posts from just this thread.

You’d do better to watch a discussion of the topic as it is happening, see what people are saying in the moment before things end up getting wiped away. You’re going to see more of what people think when they’re just making their opinions heard in a discussion than if you shine a spotlight on them and ask what their opinion is in a somewhat loaded fashion.

6 Likes

Yeah even just recently they had to pause this thread and comb out the nasty stuff since it got kinda heated a few days ago. ( Still props to the mods that handled that if ya’ll reading that )

6 Likes

Holy cow, but with the word that will get me in trouble. :hushed:I never noticed how you could see that. That’s a lot of posts removed. Now I’m understanding why some people were saying we were at like 300 posts even though it said less. Learn something new all the time. :blush:

Oh, and can confirm that thread was a mess. Rosenivy, I’m glad you weren’t around for all of that.

Off topic, anyone into cars? :sweat_smile:

I’m sure there’s a few that were just people deleting their own posts too.

I smell a sealion nearby.

For sure. I’ve deleted a few of my own over the years. Been curious the exact amount of time it took for it to disappear.

I think it says it’s a day in the little notice on a post marked for deletion

I imagine a lot of that might be because some people don’t want to get caught in 4k :camera: I remember a certain monk that would consistently get “this you?”'d and would just delete the posts.

A friend sent me a clip from Helluva Boss, the one where they sing about the house of Asmodeous.

I haven’t watched the series yet but my, this is beautifully animated. The characters are all adorable and raunchy at the same time. It’s so cute, I love the colors and the voice acting and the music. I can already tell that each character is just brimming with their own unique personalities.

I recommend the show. Its great. And yeah Asmodeus and Fizzarolli are so cute together.

If anything confuses you about that show I’m down for questions

1 Like