LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Guess not it just appeared but that’s weird I had to go looking for it

“I never lose this thread, because I never close it.”
/grin

“I have three threads that I never close. This one, the Music Thread, and the GD Lounge.”

renewing my stan card

2 Likes

“What is a Stan Card?”

I think they mean “I’m even more a fan”

Since stanning is slang for being a big fan of something or someone.

1 Like

Really wish this dang dnd discord would hurry up and get a game going.

“Thank you.”

was in a SD 16 on my druid forgot partner was working tonight so we had to leave early… Had to dip out and kill the key I really own the buddy who invited me for doing that.

Feels bad :frowning:

1 Like

Ran a tazavesh 15 today with my guildmates. It was awful.

Think I’ve only been there once on heroic just to get the quest over with. >_>

My hubby hates that one so much.

It’s the poop.

I don’t know why people care. I realized that it isn’t about me, nor does it affect me, then I just stopped caring.

I have a female second cousin that I was pretty sure is gay. I thought it was odd that it was never mentioned, especially after my Parents and Aunt(old people with hang-ups) died; the rest of us just don’t care. She had a “roommate” that she always brought around to family gatherings. Why would you bring your “roommate” to such things?

I assumed it would be an error for me to bring it up, though. Even my ex-wife picked up on it, “So, is she gay?”

“Not until she says she is, as far as I know?”, I replied.

To be fair, I bring my roommate and her husband to family gatherings.

Her parents are dead, his dad is dead, his mom lives ten hours away, my dad lives one exit up the highway and my dad likes to cook big meals, like turkey and prime rib.

So he invites us all over for various holiday dinners throughout the year.

Sometimes he just wants to grill and invites us over at random.

We bring the liquor, a couple of sides, and the desserts and he brings the meat.

4 Likes

Really need to get back into dnd, I stopped like 2 years back after too many…creepy experiences with trying to find new people to play with.

1 Like

I really miss playing D&D. It helped me in multiple ways. It reminded me of being in high school band. Both kept me on a regular schedule and provided an instant group of friends I could hang out with on a regular basis. It definitely introduced me to some of my oldest friends who became very close family friends. All that roleplaying allowed me to deal with things in my head in a healthy manner. Kinda like a form of therapy. It wasn’t until many years later that I understood how it helped with me being gay. I remember my DM saying, “Don’t expect me to play a gay character”, and being totally fine with that. It didn’t bother me because I never expected him to do so. Over time things just happened organically and my gaming group was totally accepting and supportive of me. They even helped me find all the figures with beards cause good lord was I obsessed with those. :sweat_smile: I certainly don’t miss the smell and headaches I’d get from the one little shop we would go to. Still, it was fun going through all the miniatures on the wall. You didn’t know what would be hiding way in the back. lol

A little thing I really miss was when my friend (the DM) would go through my large carrying case of painted figures to pick out ones he would use for the game we were about to sit down for. I always enjoyed the reveal of what he picked out. lol

3 Likes

Kind of looking forward to Tiny tina borderlands game

ahh the memories of all that fine painting of figurines :heart_eyes:

Havent played in a few years myself

1 Like

You know. I have a 3d modeling background, a realistic cloth simulation app, and a resin 3d printer. I could probably, with some practice, either using premade purchased 3d bases or hand made ones, make miniatures or figurines of people’s characters to 3d print.

I think my machine can print up to 8 or 9 inches in every direction.

4 Likes

Yeah there are people on the Internet who do that, I guess.

It is kind of to make up for the fact that Figureprints is so bad.

Weird thing is that Blizzard doesn’t do this themselves, even if it was just plain plastic and unpainted. They showed they could when they 3d printed a bunch of random people’s characters or something.

1 Like