LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Next time I see him saying slurs I’m reporting him to HR.

As you should.

Oh yeah def!

Make sure it’s in writing too bcz HR isn’t your friend like so many horror stories from people who don’t make sure it’s all documented via email etc

I might just get an audio recording but I’m not sure that’s allowed.

I think HR likes to do things by phone a lot of times and email is always best bcz paper trail and they can be held accountable, because their first duty is to protect the company from stuff.

I think the recording though may not be the best unless you make it clear idk how that works specifically though but I don’t think you can record without letting them know

I’ve been reading all of the pelagos threads and I’ve been thinking about it in the context of the entrepreneurship programming I’m doing at University.

In the program we talked about customer interviews, where we ask potential customers a question, and then when they answer, basically ask them why they feel that way, and when they answer you ask them why again, with more words and stuff. And you ask why around five times.

I kind of want to do that to some of these people that hate pelagos the character. I’ve seen people complain about his voice actor, I’ve seen people complain about how he is useless, how he’s whiny and so on and I’m just kind of confused.

I wonder how much of the hatred stems from things like toxic masculinity or other uncomfortable things.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m really glad pelagos became arbiter and not slyvanas.

2 Likes

Yes.

One popular complaint I hear about the ghost is that he doesn’t have a personality.

The part of me is bewildered by this because, do any of the Kyrian really have that much of a personality? Isn’t a personality at least partially shaped by life experiences? The things that the carrion try and purge themselves of, memories?

Of course he doesn’t have a much of a personality the way other non-Kyrian characters might have a personality, he’s had a lot of what made him a person stripped away.

1 Like

To be honest none of the characters in WoW have a personality. The real gems in the story come from the side stories in the game

1 Like

Happy almost Birthday!

That is never fun.

Sorry that happened to you.

Depending on where you live it could be fine or it might not be.

Usually if you say hey do you mind being recorded (even if you don’t mention why) you’re fine.

Not sure how to work that in, in this context though.

I feel like with almost all if not all of them its just that they are effectively transphobes. Many of them focus on that bit about Pelagos I’ve noticed. Then they start attaching “useless” or “bad Voice” yada yada.

Which is weird cause you don’t find out anything about Pelegos being trans unless you talk to him in Bastion… and its not voiced or anything. You have to actively seek out the conversation.

Same.

Ugh kinda irks me when people come in saying we’re not stigmatized anymore. If they belive that then they should run an experiment for a year, cone out as gay or trans to all you know and see how they react. If we are no longer stigmatized then it should be easy and no worries.

If the thought of it by them fills them with trepidation and fear of loosing connections over such a thing grats, you show internal stigmatization that has been ingrained from past generation still exists and the LGBTQ+ community still isnt treated right and thus why those claiming we’re not oppressed are wrong.
Until one can be their true selves without fear or being ostrasized the March goes on.

Stay proud, strong and keep love within yourselves no matter what the world throws at you. As for those who scorn, maybe step into our shoes and think. You dont have to like it but do try to understand it and try to grasp a concept.

Understand through love not hate.

9 Likes

“Not only have I walked in those shoes, I have lived in that World. You are SO right. Though I may have chosen to be straight, I will never forget those times, and the friends I made, trials we faced, and goals we worked on reaching. I grew to respect each and every one of them, and always will.”
/smile

“This is one of Cyndilou’s Classic Alts. Just in case anyone was confused.”
/smile

2 Likes

Exactly. Not only that, but if we werent stigmatized I don’t think people would even have to come out as gay/trans because nobody comes out as straight/cis. Really don’t understand how people can think we aren’t stigmatized :confused:

5 Likes

Ngl I figured that was you cuz of the quotation marks.

…Why does that text sound rude to me? Dangit text.

1 Like

“Not rude at all. Not everyone is familiar with me.”
/smile

I do love Jamie Lee Curtis. :heart: I don’t think I was aware her daughter was trans. I hope they post of a picture of her in full costume.

5 Likes

Horror Queen mom just out there still being a legend.

I’m just a total softie for nerdy parents doing nerd things for their kids. ( I mean duh her daughter isn’t a kid anymore but she’s HER kid if that makes sense )

4 Likes

It makes total sense. :blush: I too am a softy for things like that. I also have a soft spot for old curmudgeons. lol

2 Likes

Did mods hide this thread

It was taken down for a bit while they cleaned up some folk who were… uninterested in what the thread was for.

1 Like