LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Well that’s not suspicious at all that I ignored Sarique and it ignored Blayser.

4 Likes

Jesus, “heh heh, you aren’t being tolerant to my intolerance” this is like the worst greatest hits album ever. Do any of you twerps have any material from this millenia?

Being tolerant doesn’t mean being a bloody doormat. Bigots love trying to twist that around like its some kinda gotcha moment.

3 Likes

Anytime they say something like that, I just picture a murderer stabbing their victim “YOU SAY YOU ARE ACCEPTING OF EVERYONE WHY ARE YOU RESISTING THE STABBING”

3 Likes

As Popper pointed out

3 Likes

Right?

Anyway I may have had my own issues about Pelagos becoming the arbiter ( To the point where people and the mods thought I was trolling when I wasn’t. Still a tad salty about that ) but I worked out a decent chunk of what was bugging me with my therapist.

But I thought the way they handled it was okay. I know some folks are gonna be confused because they didn’t play the kyrian storyline where we see a faerie sacrifice itself for the good of the shadowlands.

Could it have been better? Sure. I think I’m mostly just tired of the Shadowlands and it bums me out to say that.

Ah happy place back.

2 Likes

Thank you, you know who you are.

:heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

For those of you who aren’t aware, there is a quiet little Discord for the thread population and for things that are a little more personal. It’s technically open to all LGBT+ wow players and allies/cool people too.

https://discord.com/invite/kFNgGuWqFJ

4 Likes

hoorah also the CS reply on that one thread about it I feel like solidifies the validity of this thread too for anyone who dislikes it can mute it

2 Likes

Which thread are you talking about?

Support thread.

Sall good. The mods basically paused this thread and tidied up

waves hello to the mods

3 Likes

As much fun as that sounds, I’ll pass. :stuck_out_tongue:

Enjoy the discord though. :slight_smile:

I don’t blame you after some of your previous experiences. Not joining is also valid.

Not me clicking the link to join and I’m already in there

3 Likes

So I just played through the newest story thing.

I have a very different interpretation of the Pelagos story than others.

I’m wondering if other trans people are interpreting it the same way.

My interpretation.

Pelagos’ story is an allegory for the trans experience.

He starts off as awkward af Kyrian who I think has been an aspirant for a long time. He tries his best to try and be a good Kyrian but he really didn’t fit. He was just assigned as Kyrian.

When the things happened and the vessel and helpers were destroyed, he immediately knew what his purpose was.

He changed and became the arbiter.

He instantly became more confident in his skin. He finally knew what his purpose was.

Big trans experience vibes here.

10 Likes

Seeing him be a total dweeb ( i say that with love ) was nice. Just “Oh honey you’re in the awkward egg phase. Been there”

I love that he’s just all “oh and can you tell the others I’m sorry I couldn’t become an acolyte?” to Kleia was just. It gave me “Um. Sorry I can’t really be someones bride” to say a parent and they’re just “i dont care, you’re happy. So I’m happy”

Pelagos seems like a man to me. Especially the voice.

I have now also played through it and I love it. All of it.

1 Like

So my birthday is in 4 days and then I learned a coworker of mine is homophobic not fun.

2 Likes

You’re an Aries! Happy early birthday! I’m a Leo I love Aries!

Also sorry about your coworker