LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

That would be factual if Federal Law didn’t exist.

No, I’m thinking something your Insurance provider won’t cover.

I’m confused how is being homeless a privilege. And how is starving a privilege. Care to explain what’s a privilege about being on streets worrying if I’ll live tomorrow?

We’re not talking about insurance either.

I already explained it but I’ll try spelling it out in small words.

There is more than one kind of privilege. Just because you have lived poverty does not mean that you don’t have other privileges.

You don’t pay the full amount of your medical bill, so yea we’re talking about insurances.

Pretty sure being homeless is de-facto not having privileges.

I have been homeless and I benefitted from the privilege of being white and would have been worse off had I not been.

Being super dishonest still.

Federal law still applies. Arkansas medical providers don’t have to treat LBGTQ+ for voluntary services like gender therapy.

Uh if i lived in poverty means I don’t have any of those other privileges at the time. When I was pleading for help no one care about me. If I did have those so called privileges as you put it then I wouldn’t have gone homeless at that time.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong w recognizing our privilege

1 Like

You’re equating privilege solely w wealth and thats not the case

1 Like

It’s amazing how many people refuse to get that the concept of privilege is meant to try to explain how certain aspects of our selves may mean we don’t face the same obstacles as other people, and instead decide that it must mean that all aspects of our lives must be easy if we have privilege in any area.

Also, how I tend to get ignored when I nicely try to explain that with handy tweets

1 Like

But that ultimately was the case right my skin color really didn’t do anything to help me get out of poverty I did through my actions.

1 Like

Because it’s absurd and illogical.

1 Like

You still have different experiences than a person of color that is like Arical pointed out is recognizing privilege

These are examples of privilege, but it doesn’t mean anyone is saying you don’t have your own struggles but that they would be made worse if you didn’t have certain privilege

1 Like

How am I being dishonest by pointing out another bill that legalizes professional discrimination?

And yet you don’t like it.

Because it’s not ostracizing LBGTQ+ as you claim. Even in the article it states that Arkansas still has to follow federal law.

It’s flawed logic. Of course I wouldn’t like it.

You clearly don’t understand what privilege means even after I explained it because you are refusing to learn.

I think you should educate yourself on your privileges and how they inform your stance as a moderate before continuing to poopoo on people who aren’t as eNlIgHtEnEd as you.

That’s all that you’ve been spewing over this thread.

“No, you don’t have to treat the icky LGBTQ+ people if it makes you feel funny” Yeah, that’s not ostracizing

2 Likes