LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

If you don’t like it, you can report this thread. Good grief.

You must not play many games that have chat. You certainly must not play on any other wow servers.

You can always man up and leave trade chat like a normal person, or report the “dirty” posts in trade.

You could spend a day leveling a new character to level 50 so you can not play the game on that one instead of this toon. However, every other wow server also has a racist, sexist, antisemic, homophobic, and transphobic trade chat.

Or you can completely unsubscribe from the game due to a moral mismatch with the company and patronize a different company instead. Maybe riot.

Maybe you will accidentally discover paragraph breaks in the process.

Well I hate to break it to you (I don’t but figure of speech) but romances have actually been shown in wow, as now have LGBTQ+ storylines so I hope you let that sink in because representation is important and happening

3 Likes

You seem awfully upset about LGBT+ representation existing. Why?

Lmao, furry is sexual?

Minors do don’t play wow so what minors are being lured into the thread?

1 Like

This is false btw back on my horde guild there were indeed minors. I myself started when I was 16 meaning I was a minor

2 Likes

How many years ago was this because among the 2000 user university gaming group I’m in, the game is regarded as old and dead.

How many of these teenagers were playing with their parents?

(Why does it keep deleting my quotes?)

Like the horde guild I was in a year ago. Not that long before 9.1 started

And were they unattended minors or were they there with their parents?

If you’re the VERY next post after the user you’re quoting it does that if you quote the full thing they said… idk why, normally just reducing the quote fixes it like cutting out the period of the sentence or the first word iirc

2 Likes

They were with their parents. Their dad was in the guild.

Do you know of any minors who were unattended or younger than the adolescent age range (10-19 according to the WHO)?

I first had sex education at age 10.
I then had sex education at age 14.

Do you think that given these numbers, that a 16 year old finding out that LGBT+ exists is problematic or wrong?

1 Like

Such a good couple.

2 Likes

I’m trying to understand what’s problematic about knowing LGBTQ existing is?

You guys took too long to respond I’m going to level see ya

I want a Blood Elf and NB pairing maybe a Blood Knight or Farstrider w a NB mage, maybe w the personality of the new guy in the starter island too for the BE he was a cool character for just that little zone btw

2 Likes

The context of the conversation that was quoted out of context was some bigot was like tHiNk Of ThE cHiLdReN.

It was pointed out that WOW is rated for teenagers not toddlers and that film rating for teenagers includes swear words, violence, and female frontal nudity. That iff film and game ratings are such that teenagers can be exposed to female frontal nudity, or violence, or whatever, why is being exposed to LGBT+ somehow a problem?

But really a vast majority of people under the age of 18 who do play are above 13, and usually accompanied by a parent, and are permitted to see media that includes bad words, violence, and mammaries. LGBT+ people existing isn’t even controversial or questionable or anything like that. There’s no reason why someone legally allowed to be exposed to PG13 material should be protected from the fact that LGBT+ people exist.

2 Likes

Any conversations that stem from trolls aren’t worth the time. (not you the Pandaren earlier)

Let him and his trolling die.

We should move on to more entertaining subjects about the lgbtqia+ community in wow.

That would be sweet!

And yeah that guy was wonderful.

I hope those Exiles Reach characters come up later in the story.

If you’re not interested in these conversations you are more than welcome to mute the thread.

Also it’s called war craft because it’s a ripoff of Warhammer. Not because we’re crafting any wars.

(don’t bother responding to me, I’m muting you like I do any other troll.)

2 Likes
  1. Hormone blockers aren’t hormones.
  2. Sources on minors being given blockers or HRT without parental consent.

It took me over five years to get a hysterectomy double oophorectomy as an adult trans person in my thirties in one of the most liberal places in the US.

Over five years. What planet are you on that minors are being given surgeries without gatekeeping?

I agree. Minors should not be taught about sexuality or gender. Ergo I propose we take all children away from their parents so that their parents existing don’t accidentally teach children that sexuality exists. All minors should be raised in a non-binary fashion and only exposed to non-binary content written for their undeveloped brain. I propose a non-binary version of Wonder Pets because waiting kids is sewwious. All minors should be placed on hormone blockers and can then choose their gender identity after they turn 18 and are in the real world.

I agree. We should delete all heterosexual pairings and child characters from the game. In fact, all characters in game should be fully androgynous, sexless, and all skimpy armor should be removed.

Apparently shape shifting is a problem too for some reason.

2 Likes

I’m not sure who here wants to have a discussion with someone who unironically believes anti-trans propoganda that there’s an epidemic of minors who are actually getting bottom surgery without facing delays or gatekeeping when the reality is trans adults who have been trans for years have to wait years and possibly even half a decade for gender affirming surgeries. I certainly am not interested in a conversation with people who are uneducated and uninformed.

I’m doubly disinclined to have a conversation with someone who accuses LGBT+ people of being predators yet somehow thinks they are somehow civil and nuanced.

I’ve met rocks that have more nuance.

5 Likes

Why are anti-trans activists for laws that will increase childhood suicide rates? Isn’t that literally child abuse?

3 Likes

Who’s the one believing in propaganda again?