“Party Time!!!”

/cheers
/dance

3 Likes

Many songs I’ve not heard for an Age.

Thank you.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I was looking at my character list and I found this.

It’s very good.

2 Likes

And now the song is in my head. Appropriate as I’m at the theater. lol

3 Likes

If that’s a Cats reference I love you. I know the rest of the movie version sucks but I love this part

Tom Hooper: Hey I’m gonna ruin this music by having no click tracks
Steven McRae: We don’t do that here

Cue the orchestra sighing in relief for at least one song

3 Likes

It is totally a cats reference.

One of my guildmates discovered the cats musical last year and they were making lots of cats references.

2 Likes

Awesome. Such a fun musical. It’s amazing how talented the performers are since it’s a difficult and demanding show.

Amusingly I watched the 90s version shortly after the cats movie trailer dropped. I ended up loving it.

“This is cute and all but I’m not sure who my favorite is yet”

Rum Tum Tuggers song starts

“Ah there he is”

2 Likes

Ah, the flashbacks to being within a few hours drive time from NYC in the 80/90s are back, now and forever…

Also, it wasn’t until this movie came out that I realized it wasn’t some sci-fi story and just supposed to be actual cats.

2 Likes

I think the first time I saw a mention of Cats was in some kids show. I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink Reading Rainbow and they were showing stuff like the actors getting their make up done. Ugh its blurry trying to think back that far

When I saw trailers for the 90s version I thought Grizabella was a mouse and was sad because of that. The way her ears are look more mousey than cat

Also in my child brains defense. I didn’t hear the whole song or the mention that she’s a former glamour cat.

2 Likes

Sounds like something that would have been on Reading Rainbow.

And in your child brains defense as well, I always figured it was something about like cat aliens in space as a kid based on the sets shown with all the lights and stuff in the commercials that were everywhere.

1 Like

lol true. I’m glad I gave the theater version a go. Even if it was because of the absolute cringe of the movie versions trailer XD

1 Like

This is actually my favorite I think.

1 Like

I still adore the pairing of Misto and Tugger. Kinda the fun part with this musical. Ships galore.

The bad boy and the precious nerd. I’m here for it.

Also just cute to see Tugger hype Misto up and even dance with him.

It was beyond irritating the movie version totally eliminated this.

1 Like

“I never got to see the Play, so I guess that is why I loved the Movie.”

1 Like

There’s an LGBTQ+ storyline in HBOs the Gilded Age which I was happy to see

Also sad season 1 is ending after 9 episodes which I find so odd considering … isn’t it normally 10 at least

1 Like

3 Likes

Not sure I’d even classify it as that really.

1 Like