LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

I’d be curious about the results. But eh I wouldn’t mind pondering something similar to that setting for fiction

1 Like

It’s becoming so difficult to find character names. I’m about to cave in using alt codes, something I was always against. Le shame, imagine the RP potential if Blizzard would modernize the naming convention have surname and name. \o/

2 Likes

I’m conflicted w last name additions at this stage in WoW

I tried to name my characters without that in mind, Lannisterian Lannister doesn’t have the same ring to it… a bit redundant actually.

SWTOR has it so it’s a “legacy” name and you can choose to display that as a surname if you choose, not at all, OR let’s say I called my legacy the Lannister Legacy I can have it display as below my name but above my guild name, that I wouldn’t mind I think?

1 Like

“When I need a name, I pick a short list of words, that best describes the Toon I am making. Then I go to Google Translate, pick a language that best fits the Toon, and then go through the list of words, until I find one that can be a name.”

2 Likes

Believe me. After 2 hours the other night I felt defeated. Was trying to make a Draenei on Moonguard, miss alliance, you know? And Draenei are known to sound Slavic so I did the entirety of Slavic names.

I think many, many individuals does the same as we do. And I strongly dislike alt codes… but meh might end up resorting to it at this rate. So far I managed to secure Veroneka, seems to be pretty cool.

“Use a list of words, go to Google and select Slavic as the language, then see if any of the words on the list, can make a name. That is what I would do.”

“For example, my Void Elf is named Sinikka. It translates to Blue Bird.”

“Her Friends just call her Mistress Sin. She is a Priest, named Sin.”
/wicked smile

I struggle enough as it is picking first names for characters. Just thinking them up in the first place. A whole last name would make me blue screen lol

1 Like

I just end up swapping vowels and adding suffix type things on the few names I use to get something that works. That’s how my usual female character name Thera turned into Thirana in Lost Ark (with a few tries until I got there)

I just wanted to point this out. It’s the standard anti trans argument about wOmEn’S sPoRtS except they’re complaining about FtM people being allowed to dominate women’s sports, and therefore in favor of classifying trans athletes in the way we are asking for.

There are rules about blood serum levels of testosterone. If a FtM wanted to participate in women’s sports he wouldn’t be allowed to be on gender affirming hormones and still participate. Not that a FtM would want to participate in women’s sports seeing as how transmen are men and transwomen are women.

If transwomen were really dominating in womens’ sports then why didn’t the first transwoman in the Olympics win gold? Not only did she not, she failed to even record a clean lift.

The best solution is to get rid of women’s sports and just sort people by things like body type and/or weight class. We tell little girls they can be anything boys can be, then we tell them they can’t compete with the boys. That’s pretty contractory.

5 Likes

What level of science have you completed in school?

2 Likes

I bursted out laughing this coming from the people claiming election fraud and anti vaccines. Edit: I’m not even a liberal but it’s so funny watching hypocrites from both sides

2 Likes

So we have you on one hand spreading hateful rhetoric while also claiming the intended community of your hateful rhetoric faces no such discrimination or marginalization in society.

Which is it, you’re saying people are victimizing themselves while then being an example of what people are talking about facing discrimination, can you pick a lane at least

4 Likes

If you think I am spouting hateful rhetoric then you should grow thicker skin because I was not being hateful at all.

You didn’t answer my question.

Tell me about your education in science.

This is dishonest.

It’s called reality mate and science.

What science classes have you taken and at what grades?

You claim to be pro-science and yet you are unwilling to discuss your background in the sciences.

Please disclose your education in science that qualifies you to have this discussion.

1 Like

They are picking you two because you are easier to trigger my friends. Just link this article and claim their side too is anti science considering they believe in disinformation about vaccines and also believe in conspiracy theories about elections.

Agreed they claim to not be spreading hateful comments and yet I’m sitting here like

https://i.imgur.com/GyWMI3X.jpg

Because the things their saying are very much not okay and idk where it’s coming from anger or hate smh I wish people could be more accepting and do better

1 Like

You need a doctorate to be pro-science?

So now you are assuming things about me because you know what I say is true.