LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

I didn’t hear that.

Is not being able to donate blood as LGBT+ a thing? Or had that gone away?

I’m a universal donor O- and if I couldn’t because I’m LGBT+, I’d feel less guilty.

1 Like

I’m still not allowed to donate.

1 Like

Oh bummer.

So the weird part of the cis argument is that people are giving definitions of and origins of the term cisgender.

And the whiners are like, “definitions change, it’s now being used derisively and is therefore a slur against non-trans people.”

And unironically they are the same time talk about how they learned the q word was a slur and how it’s wrong to use it. When their whole argument about definitions changing can be thrown back in their face.

Cisgender was coined by a woman back in the 80s. It’s not new.

I’m tempted to just give the whiny ciswomen the ok Boomer.

I’d say go for it but I’m slightly cranky. Nasty gallstone the other day so I’m recovering. So I’m a tad more spiteful than my usual amount

Wait this is a thing? You can’t donate blood if you’re trans?

WTF.

Or if you’re gay

1 Like

Wow…

That’s yikes.

Is this a state thing because I’ve never heard about it until now.

Theres wikipedia articles about it. I’m just not sure I’d be allowed to post it here.

1 Like

Now I’m being told if I don’t respect the boundaries of people by not ever using the word cis in any context that they have every right to misgender and treat me like crap as a consequence.

How is it a slur when you use it all the time?

It used to be a slur. Now it refers to genderqueer people.

If these people have a problem with cisgender, just wait until allosexual and whatever the term for not xenogender come into common use.

There’s an argument that it feels safer to say in terms of what comes to mind of a safe space too tbh, as there is a diversity problem (lack there of I mean in a lot of spaces) even within the community that is really toxic and that toxicity comes to mind to a lot of people but not with that alternative word it feels like there is a distinct difference in terms of space

1 Like

I don’t really go to clubs or anything like that so I wasn’t familiar with that.

It kinda makes sense. Spaces that are q include trans, non-binary, and otherwise genderqueer people where other spaces might not.

2 Likes

I have decided to put this thread on mute. I am happy that there is a place to hang out but between the trolls coming in here constantly and others talking about the toxicity going on in other threads it makes actually just hanging out here well hard.

If things change, I might possibly come back but as things stand, I wind up becoming stressed out coming in here. But I don’t enjoy coming here and seeing the toxicity going on no matter who it is from. I don’t feel happy here with the pain being shared all of the time.

Omg you got the same blood type as me! Haha universal’s unite!
I seen o- is used to aid premature babies and being I was a premature birth it really hits home me needing to do my part. But yeah they still have a stigma on that.
Even with my having the same single partner for 15 years they would probly still deny because gay. Its so disheartening.

1 Like

Thank you even though We disagree a lot I appreciate that.

1 Like

There’s a part of me that wants to help because while I am intolerant of nonsense, bigotry, and stupidity, I still have more empathy than any person should have and generally want to help.

There’s another part of me who passes out on routine blood draws.

3 Likes

I can handle the pain of shots, getting blood drawn, or tattoos. I just can’t watch the area where its happening or I feel reaaaaaally queasy.

1 Like

Yeah I was a premie too so I just have this squishy soft spot with wanting to help other premies.

Its a lot of work to save us runts ^^;

2 Likes

Goodness. It has been a long time since I checked in. New job I don’t get as much forum time as I used to. How is everyone doing? Enjoying 9.2?

1 Like