LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

:sweat_smile:

I did have the opportunity to drive an older Model S with over 100k miles and came away rather impressed. Tesla definitely has an issue with quality control, but this one seemed to be pretty solid. I was fascinated and totally won over being able to drive it with one pedal. Also, the instant off the line power of an electric car is like nothing else. I could totally see myself having an electric car as my daily somewhere down the line.

I really wish they wouldnā€™t push it so hard and make it out to be something itā€™s not. Calling it Autopilot was a mistake. I know they are going by a planeā€™s autopilot but everyone knows what it means. Doing something without any thought.

I totally see the benefit of things like active lane keep assist and radar based cruise control. The latter is my favorite feature on my Accord. It makes the long drive to visit friends a lot less stressful. While itā€™s impressive to have my car bring itself to a stop and then start back up after the car in front of me begins moving, itā€™s not something I will trust to be infallible. I donā€™t know if they will ever be able to make something that can work perfectly under any situation and thatā€™s why I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever be 100 comfortable letting the electronics take over.

The technology is pretty amazing. Itā€™s just that the variables in the real world are seemingly insurmountable. Having watched quite a few documentaries on the Disney Parks and their Imagineers, quite a few rides didnā€™t exist until the technology did. Maybe it will be possible down the line. The benefit for anyone handicapped isnā€™t something I had thought of. My friendā€™s wife isnā€™t able to get around on her own and on more than one occasion heā€™s had to leave work because the driver never showed up to pick her up. Iā€™d think better of Elon Musk, and Tesla, if they didnā€™t beta test their cars on public roads and sold something described as full self driving until itā€™s actually available.

/looks at the above

I think I may have rambled about electric cars and Elon Musk. Ooops!

Just so Iā€™m not all negative about about Elon Musk. Ukraine asked asked and they received. :smiley:

1 Like

Now Iā€™m just reminded how the indiana jones ride at disneyland is still so amazing with its tech. Same goes for the recent roller coasters at universal studios florida. A LOT is going on in those

1 Like

Itā€™s incredible what they have been able to create. If you have Disney+, or know someone with it, I highly recommend Behind the Attractions. Especially the episode about Space Mountain. I wasnā€™t aware the Matterhorn was the first tubular steel rollercoaster. The episode goes all the way to the latest rollercoaster for Tron. I really need to spend the night at my momā€™s house so we can catch up on the episodes of that along with the documentary about the Imagineers.

How do you mute this thread?

2 Likes

Would love to know more queer folk who play wow, despite how itā€™s been over the span of the decades, haha.

Hello spathy I see you play on WRA same as my zandalari troll dk

1 Like

Yup! I joined for the rp scene but I donā€™t see a whole lot of it outside of orgrimmar, haha. I havenā€™t been on for a while. Would be fun to do dungeons or raids with people too before the expansionā€™s over.

I actually met a guild doing role play itā€™s rare but it does happen.

1 Like

Scroll to bottom. Look for a little paw image. Click it. Select mute. Done.

Thank you so much

ā€œI love the polite ones.ā€
/smile

2 Likes

I make fun of them but yeah theyā€™re not bad really.

Elon just thinks waaayyy too much of himself and his cars.

Hey hes gotta get it right once in awhile. :stuck_out_tongue:

Me too.

3 Likes

ā€œPersonally, I was raised with the ā€˜Live, and Let Liveā€™ mentality. Manners really DO make a difference.ā€
/smile

2 Likes

Everyone at least deserves respect until they prove they donā€™t deserve it.

Someone asking for help to get away from me seems, to my mind, fairly respectful.

They donā€™t want to be here but they still respect me enough to ask me for help.

Ifā€¦ That makes any sense.

2 Likes

ā€œThat makes perfect sense.ā€

2 Likes

No matter how many people report this post it will never ever be removed. This is new world of Warcraft.

2 Likes

Meh. Donā€™t really agree with you but I understand you.

But my brain struggles at seeing the gray between the black / white extremes.

2 Likes

ā€œThat Grey Zone can be very comforting. You donā€™t need to live there, but it is very relaxing to visit occasionally.ā€
/grin

1 Like

Its odd. I can totally see nuance with fiction. I live for that with characters.

Real life? Thatā€™s complicated. But hey thatā€™s borderline personality disorder for ya.

2 Likes

ā€œI totally understand how hard it can be. Have you ever TRIED to ā€˜pauseā€™ between the dark and the light? Just to check out that grey zone for a minute? Itā€™s not easy, but it CAN be done.ā€