LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

I don’t think I’ve ever heard it to be fair

2 Likes

That phrase kinda had a boost when family guy used it ages ago but that’s about it

I’d share a clip but it’s got a swear right at the end and I ain’t risking it

5 Likes

Might be where I’ve heard it - definitely been a while

4 Likes

Yup that one

I remember that from Family Guy as well. Mainly the memes I’d see pop up from time to time.

Speaking of grinding gears. I blew out 1st and 2nd gear in my '02 Subaru Impreza WRX. It sounded like a massive popcorn machine going off inside the car. After that I had a string of bad luck with manual transmission cars. :sweat_smile:

“Grandpa use to say that. It’s that old. It’s from a time when all cars were sticks, and not automatics.”
/smile

3 Likes

Pretty soon you won’t be able to buy a new car with stick. I drove one for so long. It will be kinda sad when they disappear. Car guy that I am, I’ve driven an electric car and they can be pretty fun to drive. Definitely a unique experience.

1 Like

“I wonder how safe electric cars really are.”

About as safe as any other car.

2 Likes

“I don’t find any car ‘safe’, but we can’t really survive without them.”

Isn’t the the episode where either he makes the news ancor Tom Tucker become fired because he is jelous of how well Peter is at ranting about how “grinded his gears are?”

Depends on the situation, car and how well its upkept.

Infrastructure for them is often less so that can be a factor too.

But mostly they’re about the same as any other car with some differences.

2 Likes

And now a question to ya’ll

What new starter are you picking for Pokemon Scarlet / Violet?

I kinda wanna go with Fuecoco. He looks like a apple pepper mixed with Among Us and I love him

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fuecoco_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Seriously look at this doofus. That’s MY doofus

3 Likes

To assist those who haven’t seen yet…

The starters!

I’m going with Fuecoco. A new fire type to train that looks like it probably wont be a fighting type? Sign me up.

1 Like

Not hating on the other starters. I just think crocodile pokemon are neat ^w^

I agree with Fenelon. Electric cars are pretty much as safe as regular cars. They have to adhere to the same safety standards as other cars on the road. Quite a few rate really well. Just don’t let Elon Musk tell you his cars are anywhere close to full self driving. lol

3 Likes

Or that his cars are good.

3 Likes

Yes. Apart from that “self-driving” part, they seem safe. I don’t know why they push that so much.

Of all the comforts I’d think of, in operating a car, the vehicle driving FOR ME is not even on the list.

1 Like

Prob just for the “hey we managed to actually make this a reality” thing. I’m curious if in the future you can get cars that are really good at self driving so folks that may be physically handicapped can still go places without hiring folks. But I suppose if anyone is that handicapped they likely have a friend / family member / or nurse helping them get around.

1 Like