LGBTQ+ Megathread & Lounge (Part 1)

Just treat a trans person as the gender they identify with and its not that confusing. A trans woman is a woman, and a woman attracted to men is heterosexual.

6 Likes

Hallelujah, amen. :relieved:

3 Likes

Howdy y’all. How is everyone doing?

4 Likes

Doing really well. Yourself?

3 Likes

Hanging in there.

4 Likes

Cool cool.

I got my legal name changed.
I got my social security card updated.
I get my car snogged tomorrow.
I get my title changed over and my new ID picture taken Monday.

Once the card comes I get my business set up, build the website, I get my Pantone color book, and I start my first Kickstarter.

I’ve even gotten preliminary licensing to produce the progress pride flag.

9 Likes

Wow this thread is still alive and kicking all this time??? Has it helped avoid the forum spam?

3 Likes

“So far, so good.”
/smile

2 Likes

Queer is forever. :relieved:

3 Likes

So over two months ago I got a legal name change. It’s pretty groovy.

But today...

I got mail from the court that changed my name.

It’s a jury duty summons.

In my dead name.

I’m at a loss for words on how they managed to screw that up so badly. I’m also at a loss for words on how enraged I am.

5 Likes

Hi all 60 yo cis male Boomer queer here!!! woot!! Yes, I play wow!! Yes losing twitch muscle as you age is a thing!! Who knew? lol I love these threads
I have played WoW since Vanilla off and on
SO GLAD we are starting to get representation in this game! Yes it is a fantasy world, based on our world
yes we do exist
since the beginning of time
yeah

Love my Queer family so much
especially us older queer
not many of us here
I hope you know why
anyway
I love gayming with all of you
I am in a guild pretty mixed gender
but there are 2 of us queer and the great part? It never has been an issue

What a world
when I played EQ many moons ago I was very out there too (Nadanson on Tallon Zek!! Shout out!) It was awful
it was awful here for a while too

ok I am rambling
just so happy to see us all here
love you family!!! <3 <3

2 Likes

That sucks my friend. I’m sorry that happened to you.

“Sorry, they dont live here.”

4 Likes

“I had a Friend, who actually had a Funeral, for his Dead Name. Put it in the Papers and everything. His town loved it, and never called him by his Dead Name again. It worked well in other ways too. Mail was turned back, if it had the ‘Deceased’ named on it, stuff like that. Just thought I’d share that with you.”
/understanding smile

4 Likes

I have been dealing with insurance company changes and they know who my primary doctoar is (I have changed it a few times in the last few months because of medicade issues) But each and every time they issue me a new primary health care doctor because they “don’t have it on file even though another office told me they did.” This has happed to me at least 4 times now.

Having to deal with stuff like this isn’t fun as diffrent departments don’t ways talk to eachother and they leave it up to you to take the incetivie.

2 Likes

I love this.

I’ll have to research this.

4 Likes

“Alexander James Adams is another friend of mine, that had a very creative way of handling sharing his change, with the world.”

“I love his music too. Old AND new.”

“Edit
 I found a short variation of what he did. Enjoy
”

“Alec is also the appointed heir to Heather Alexander. Heather, who was actually a changeling, was called back to faerieland in November 2006; at the same time, Alexander, the child in whose place she had originally been left and who had been raised in Alec with fiddle faerieland, was released after beating the faerie queen in a fiddling contest. Thus, Alec now carries on Heather’s musical legacy.”

“Where it started
”

“Her last public performance as Heather was at OryCon 2006. There is a live DVD available, Ever After - Live!, which is a recording of that concert. In early 2007 she transitioned to male and since April 2007 has performed as Alexander James Adams.”

3 Likes

“Enjoy!”
/dance

“His voice before the change
”

“I am glad both can still be bought.”
/dance

1 Like

That isn’t how jury summons work. A person won’t get an out because they “changed their name.”

You have to follow through anyway.

If like me, you end up not being picked. My concern was unrelated to this but due to me having a severe gag reflex while wearing any kind of a “Mask”; apart from childhood Halloween, it was not an issue for my last 54 years. :wink:

So I was sweating bullets, but then I got the email that I did not have to report for jury duty.

Basically it starts at about the 9 minute mark, if I’m wearing a mask or something on my face. What is initially discomfort becomes dry heaves and then is something like I’d imagine being waterboarded is like. So when I shop at Walmart, I have to only buy a few things as fast as I can because it starts at self checkout.

Someone at work told me to just “keep wearing it and I’d get used to it.” Yeah, it doesn’t work that way.

I would hate being held in contempt because I would cause a disruption, unintentionally, due to being forced to wear a mask on a jury.

As with women at work, I just treat everyone like a “person.” Then I just call everyone by their name or use the pronoun “they.” I no longer make the mistake of using gender pronouns, even if the person wants me to.

I’m a 55-year-old straight male that I would call “not exactly attractive.” So I never have an issue. :wink: It has never come up a single time in 55 years.

Figured I’d share some LGBT related cringe.

Someone demanded high elf customization on the basis that the LGBT community got some representation in Shadowlands.

:grimacing:

5 Likes