LGBT+ Positivity Thread

Opposites attract?

1 Like

Well, the NT does ban divorce and remarriage, which would be messed up to some people.

The Mosaic law is from the Torah, which is the holy book in Judaism. It’s in the Bible and considered inspired by God, but Jesus (God) released people from the Mosaic law, which is why Christians don’t have kosher diets.

2 Likes

If you had an italian flag pin on your bag, no one would care, no one would claim your shoving your italian pride in their face.

It feels like a double standard. Someone’s existience and celebration of existience is not invasive…not even close.

2 Likes

Potentially a good attempt at changing the context of what I said. I was specifically responding to Rosenivy’s statement, as I believed we were finished unless you had something more to say? :slight_smile:

I responded to this.

At no point has anyone said, least of all I; that hatred should be tolerated. I am a straight person, and yet I will be the first to defend a LGBTQ+ individual’s right to live life on their terms. This is because I firmly believe in the “Pursuit of Happiness” being a fundamental human right.

However holding a belief in that, and in the basic principles of fairness, and equality also however carries another connotation to it. It means that I will also be the first to condemn any group when they go from being attacked, to being an attacker.

I won’t dignify Rosenivy with further dialogue, since now she’s dipping into religion, which is as off-topic as one can get on this thread. Moreover such a statement is hyperbolic as she appears to be trying to inject emotional indignation into the argument, lacking any true reasons for her hatred, other than what I recommended to the OP to start.

Don’t bait, and don’t behave like a heterophobe.

Be happy as the rest of us are, that society is changing for the better. Celebrate that, and do not needlessly pick fights by calling people homophobes before any such statement has been made.

1 Like

I’m a non-practicing Jew, so my bible says, “Don’t eat pork! But if you do, here are some great recipes.”

1 Like

And this is why representation and positivity is important. Stuff like this happens and it’s not pretty. Like people have said before, some countries even have being part of lgbt illegal. Even in this country there are some policies (That I’m not gonna get into because I don’t wanna start a political war in this thread) that are made specifically to spite lgbt people and harm them.

6 Likes

I will be the first to defend a LGBTQ+ individual’s right to lvie life on their terms.

Funny you should say that, because a short look through your post history shows you have nothing but time to say that LGBT people are shoving their lifestyle down your throat, and that “heterophobia” is rampant in these kinds of posts. Not once have I seen you argue with a homophobe, such as the MANY in the Taliesin thread I referenced earlier. Unfortunately, based on the evidence, I’m going to have to go ahead and assume you’re just trying to seem neutral when in reality you don’t want to reveal your true feelings about the LGBT. Next caller!

6 Likes

And we have an entire month for LGBT to acknowledge, parades, celebrations, entire theme parks that allow specific celebrations for that community, they are more represented in our culture and society than ever before…i mean is it necessary to keep posting about it in the WoW forums too?

I would get just as tiresome of it if it were about the creation of a Community that worshipped Rocks for goodness sake.

If rock worshippers had a whole month dedicated to them, then were talked about and represented in entertainment, media and society as a whole, then a group of rock worshippers started making post after post in the WoW forums about how Rock positivity or RWP+ (Rock Worshiping People Plus) thread after thread. YOU would say, “okay we got it, let’s move on”…too.

1 Like

i’m sorry that happened to you. here’s some love :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Again, no one has ever been attacked or discriminated against for worshipping rocks. Being LGBT, however! Well, you know the rest.

2 Likes

So be it. It is a human right to be ignorant as well. Have a wonderful day!

1 Like

Yes.

Nope, I would say, “Hooray for rock worshippers! I’m so happy for you! I don’t see your love for rocks as being forced down my throat!”

Oh how sweet. There is also a whole month for black people, are you tired of them shoving their equality down your throat on the other 11 white months?

3 Likes

Yeah and I got physically assaulted for having a “Our Veterans Are Not Forgotten” bumper sticker one time by a anti military extremist. Should I make constant posts about Veteran supporters now in the WoW forums…over and over again? NO. Cause I know that person was a psycho and an outlier. Most people would never treat me like that, nor you.

3 Likes

There isn’t a month for gamers, this oppression is unforgivable.

4 Likes

All of that is entirely avoidable. You have to actively go and seek for that stuff. The only reason I even know it’s pride month is because I clicked on this thread and because of the realm I play on.

This isn’t like a random postivity thread, their community was just given some representation that they have asked for for years. That is cause for celebration.

I wouldn’t say the entire month is dedicated to them. You act as if the month is renamed to “gay june” and they are parading outside on your front yard. It’s not nearly as invasive as you think, unless you are actively seeking it out.

2 Likes

There arent any dedicated white celebration months. Name one. Dont make an arguement based on psuedo points of view.

Second, who told you I was white?

1 Like

haha people have been attacked for everything. hair color. religion. skin color. walk. voice. race. geographical location. financial status. method of transportation. size of house. lack of house. fav sports team. fav movie. tastes. past times. movie critiques. songs. shows. eye color. teeth. biological abnormalities. political party. country of origin. speech patterns. language. learning disabilities. ad nauseum.

i mean let’s examine the concept of people with mental disorders being a point of derision, such as autism, aspergers, hyperactivity, and how these things have been turned into insults. people will attack each other over video game characters, factions, you name it.

5 Likes

Yet, here are. In the WoW forums, again.

1 Like

Why do I need to care about LG Nelves?

I agree with Morgan freeman on that subject. The problem with these entire months/days dedicated to certain groups is that it only points out the differences between people.

2 Likes