LGBT+ Positivity Thread

If your scared of an entire group of people based on their sexuality/race because of a past experience with one person. You have a serious issue that you need help with.

2 Likes

A fear doesn’t have to be taught in order for it to be learned. We often mimic those that raise us. It’s just instinctual. It doesn’t mean that one can’t change their view.

1 Like

Lol, the definition of ‘literally’ has not changed to fit popular use. It is a perfect example of people misusing a word because they don’t understand it.

4 Likes

^yeah let’s start some positivity with some negativity gg GD

7 Likes

The opposite may be true. Currently in the world, we humans are reproducing at a rate that eventually we may have an issue with overpopulation.

Yes, that is the definition of a phobia. It’s not a choice. It’s a serious issue that people need therapy to overcome.

1 Like

It was updated quite a few years ago in the dictionary to also mean metaphorical which is the opposite of being literal.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/13/literally-broken-english-language-definition

1 Like

Just because a couple is gay doesn’t make it any more special than a heteronormative relationship.

I just see it as an interesting avenue for lore and something to research with a bunch of fellow loreseekers.

It’s why the english language is pretty crap right now.

That is truly horrendous.

2 Likes

A word’s definition changing to reflect popular usage? Yes, the End of Days is upon us.

It does have a ‘dark ages’ feel to it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it has. As much as I hate when people use literally figuratively.
lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb

1. in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
    “the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle”
  • INFORMAL
    used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
2 Likes

I enjoy the irony of this definition.

3 Likes

Yes, I now see that the definition of words are decided by morons instead of scholars. Truly sad.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s literally the worst thing to ever happen to mankind.

10 Likes

This entire comment with the entire conversation before in context has made my day. Thank you.

2 Likes

Why do people join a positivity thread if they are not here to spread posititvity?

3 Likes

That was uncalled for.

2 Likes

This is the internet and misery loves company.

2 Likes