LGBT+ Positivity Thread

It was nice to see this too given that I used to see people hate on them for The Witcher being a series of games where you play as a straight guy that is an absolute horndorg.

As usual, CD Projekt Red will show us the light.

Eh even if I’m not very attracted to straight stuff, I thought the stuff I’ve seen in clips of Witcher was okay. I love that if you try to cheat and have two of the romance options they team up and leave you hand cuffed to a bed.

That’s what he turned into after he died. We don’t know what race he really was.

Only reason homophobia is so rampant is due to old men with their magic sticks telling everyone their god doesn’t like gay people so you shouldn’t either.

Eeyup. And to think some of my family doesn’t understand why I followed satanism.

Least with satan we’re all damned equally.

It’s more like fear mongering to be honest, something I really dislike about religion. If you don’t believe and follow all “God’s” orders he will make sure you burn in hell for all eternity for daring to have an opinion or way of life. He’s basically that forum poster that wants to hack you for wrongthink.

I thought it was because of the rise of masc culture and looking down on feminine qualities. This is why people tend to demonize guys who act more feminine and girls who act more masculine. It basically goes against their world view of what box people should be in.

You realize if i was a troll i would ask you if you are discriminating?

But i’m not a troll so i’m not asking that. However i would assert that your statement does not exist in reality. There are already a very tiny amount of true homophobic’s in the world, the rest of the world isn’t the tiny social media crowd where a word like that gets tossed around like it is everywhere when that is simply not the case.

Edit: almost forgot, good to see a happy feel good thread for the LGBTQ community, enjoy.

1 Like

Just pointing out that disagreeing with things being shoe-horned into lore doesn’t mean that someone is afraid of anything.

Phobia is the fear of something, after all.

It does fit the fantasy of transhumanism, any body part can be modified, you can have whatever you want including a gun on your crotch, THERE ARE NO LIMITS

There was already massive butthurt over non binary option being a thing, now I cant wait for some idiots whining about how its degenerate to have different genitals than the one expected by your appearance xD

That sounds like a fun future, you can never be sure what people have in their pants, it will be like a kinder egg surprise :smiley:

Indeed, and homophobes are quite scared and afraid that their old outdated false world views are dying and are going extinct : )

Though I feel like you might need a licence to have a 40mm cannon in your pants.

Well, no not in this sense.

Phobic means repulsed or otherwise strongly rejected. The tails of a phospholipid are not afraid of water, they are hydrophobic because they are repulsed away from it.

I don’t feel like it was shoe-horned,

It’s a short dialogue and he just happens to have a husband.
Just like mankrik in barrens happens to have a wife.

Is this at all necessary? No. But that doesn’t make it shoe-horned, otherwise every bit of non-essential info in the game should be categorized as shoe-horned by those standards.

Shoe-horned would probably be something more along the lines of the npcs going “Yeah! He’s my HUSBAND btw, were totally gay in case you didn’t notice”
If they’re just casually mentioning their romantic partner during a questing dialogue (whether same-sex or not), I hardly see that as shoe-horned.

Pretty much, which is when misogyny comes in:
These people insult men using gay slurs because it’s associated with femininity, seeing them as pathetic, seeing femininity as pathetic, and in turn…seeing women as pathetic (but not making the association due to ignorance). Most insults used against men in general actually are part of this, which is pretty messed up.

What’s ironic is that there’s probably nothing more masculine than two dudes getting it on…bbut let’s not go there.

Dongun, the final weapon

Yay! The future is (almost!) here.

Inclusion, representation, love, acceptance. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rainbow: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Uh, that’s not homophobia… homophobia is the fear of homosexuality, specifically.

Disagreeing with a lore change is not the same as being afraid of homosexuality. You can disagree with something without being afraid of it.

That’s fair. Some people do have that opinion of it, though. As far as I’m concerned both sides are entitled to their opinion. I have no opinion on the matter, personally, as I don’t care either way. I was just pointing out that disagreeing does not directly link to a phobia.

I don’t like that we’re expected to just accept that something that has be widely considered as perverse for a great many years just validate a minority.

Its 100% ok not to be comfortable or like LGBT. Just don’t treat people different because of it. Respect my views and I will respect yours. Each to their own.

2 Likes

Daily reminder that even Transgender people are getting sick of these threads.

:microphone:

/drops microphone
/wanders out.