LGBT+ History Month

I don’t watch much anime on netflix other than Devilman Crybaby and the eventual Beastars once it hurries up and gets here but hey thanks. I’ll jot that down

I’m really not in the loop with all the proper terms now days so please forgive me if I say the wrong word. But Mario is I think a drag? I’m not sure he could be trans. He is a guy that dresses up like a woman. He has a certain nurturing feminine nature but also has his masculinity. A bit of a protector type.

Edit: I do know that trans identify as a woman so if hes that he’s not a he he’s a she. I just can’t ask what he identifies as because he or she is a cartoon.

Lemme google hold on I’ll help ya out

Hm. Their make up isn’t exaggerated like drag. They could just be a dude that likes to wear dresses and make up.

There’s trans women and trans men. Trans women are male to female. Trans men are female to male. I’m the latter. It’s not just male to female.

Yeah sorry I knew that too. I was just still in the mindset of talking about Mario.

I mean, a lot of that is the producers trying to cater to their audience. The majority of their audience is going to be heterosexual so they produce to cater to the largest market. Obviously people connect with things better when they can understand and identify with it. A same sex couple is going to prefer seeing a same sex relationship. Opposite sex couples are going to prefer opposite sex relationships. That’s also why media will tend to have either both types of relationships or just a straight relationship, but never just an LGBT relationship because that doesn’t cater to the larger group.

Yeah drag make up is more exaggerated. Say like Ursula the Sea Witch from Little Mermaid who was based off a drag queen.

If you want a fun drag show that isn’t rupauls drag race I would recommend Dragula. It’s a horror themed drag competition. The first season is a bit eh but the 2nd season was fun. I’ve yet to watch the 3rd one. They’re on netflix.

Rocky horror picture show

1 Like

Yeah not super into shows based around it. Although I would probably enjoy it if the film isn’t like a B film strong story and such. I do like characters like them in my shows though or gay characters. Tidus Andromadon even though I can never spell his name right is my favorite character on Kimmy Schmitt. The persona just are more fun. And typically are my favorite characters in a TV show if someone with a similar persona is casted in other shows. It’s rare sadly but I always do enjoy it. My guess though is those personas are probably found more offensive as a representation as they are the more flamboyant type. Extremely bubbly.

“One of the BEST Movies ever produced. IMHO.”
/grin

I miss seeing live shows of rhps.

I wish I had this recorded but I was in a discord and ended up bumping into someone that saw me in real life ages ago at a show. I just basically laughed like a hyena at how freaking WEIRD the universe seemed to align lol

1 Like

“I had the pleasure, and Honor, to play Dr. Frankenfurter in a Floor Troupe, for two and a half years. It was such a blast. As you know, I am female, but I was so good, I had at least 75% of the Audience fooled. They thought I was a male.”

Trans vestite Transylvania, drops mic.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that just be Transylvania.

As a side note… Now I get why vampires like it there so much.

“Let’s do the Time Warp Forever.”
/grin
/giggle

1 Like

I have many problems with WoW , but LGBT+ community isn’t one of them .

2 Likes

I have a small issue with the furry community. Just because I play a Worgen doesn’t mean I want other worgens trying to sniff my butt all the time.

Yes I had this happen.

/understanding pat
/smile

I know it’s just a small gesture but something I think Blizzard could do fairly easy that wouldn’t really change their story any so not mess with their creative freedom. They could open up the other genders hair styles to both genders. I know it won’t do an entire lot but It might help make it easier to make characters you can identify with? Idk. I’m pretty ignorant to it.

1 Like

“I like that idea. Beards and all, right?”

I mean, why not?

2 Likes